Smoke Mine

"
I know it doesn't work, but why? :( It IS a spell...

Nah, it's a bit weird.
Mines or Traps are just that: Mines or Traps.
When triggered, they'll cast a spell, hence the tag "Spell".

Edit: The detonating of the Mine is considered a Spell as well, IIRC.
Sorry Exile, but your loot is in another dungeon!
IGN: Delirii
Last edited by Delirii on Dec 3, 2013, 3:28:07 PM
Now that is quite ambiguous then. The description on the skill gem.

But, in the end, what does Volatile Mines do then? If it doesn't make mines detonate instantly when placed?
Volatile Mines, as the description implies, effects the detonation of your Mines. By default, it's like a second-long animation or something (I never used Mines so balls if I know how long it takes).
Last edited by Vipermagi on Dec 5, 2013, 12:05:25 AM
Could the cloud duration be increased, please? So it can actually be more useful?

And possibly increase the laying/detonation speed slightly?
Hi,
I am using smoke mine a lot and I really like it. But laying speed is too slow and if I want to improve it, I often need to go through useless trap/mine damage nodes. I don't want to spend extra points for nothing to improve my utility skill. Would you please regroup trap/mine nodes to start with laying speed? Or put into game some support gem for trap/mine laying speed. Thank you!

"
Could the cloud duration be increased, please? So it can actually be more useful?

And possibly increase the laying/detonation speed slightly?

Just use increase duration support. Cloud duration is ok on higher levels.
Can anyone explain how the blind from Smoke Mine interacts with other instances of Blind from the support gem? When using both I can see two "sparkles" over the affected enemy's head suggesting that both skills have blinded them. I'm wondering how the two instances are applying to my evasion calculations.
Unlimited Blade Works - Illya (Animate Weapon Ranger)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1063521
Smoke mine sometimes brings the enemy back with you when you teleport. This occurs especially when an enemy attempts a flicker strike. I understand flicker strike initially teleports to the target, but the range of the teleport of flicker is not even close to the distance the enemy travels when teleported back with smoke mine. I am a lvl 90 ranger in standard, pretty avid pvper, and this happens frequently. Is this intentional?
Dublicious
I was wondering, are the enemies blinded only while within the smoke? Or for 4seconds after they first enter it? I have been trying to test it without success
anyone on the question above?
i think only in the smoke. some new monsters deploy same smoke a d these blind you only when in the smoke

smoke mine has one use not mentioned before - interaction with dominated minions. you frequently have 50+ minions that are spread out like crazy.

run to a target mob. plant and detonate mine. bam. you have 50 minions attacking and instakilling one target. very effective

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info