[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

Yeah i was thinking about it ( i mean my facebreaker guide has a big atziri section ) but i haven't done it because it's a bit tricky ... and honestly (and i know that i already said that) it's really about how skilled and familiar you are with the actual fight, but here that is even more important because you have less room for error. It is not impossible, it is not heroic feat, but it is not easy unless you know what you are doing. By creating such a section i fear that i might encourage many players to try it expecting good results, without really having the ability to execute the fight well enough.

To be honest with you i was able to kill atziri on my 3th try and i was able to kill her without any deaths maybe on my 9th ( well i guess that my low fps at the time might have something to do with that but still ) with a character with more survivability AND more daamge.

So yeah ... i wish you best of luck and please do share how it went :)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Odd note about reflecting curses - I found a pair of these:

First thing I did was run to City of Sarn & try to Poacher's + Blasphemy onto myself - it didn't reflect onto me. Not sure if it's a bug or something else.
IGN: Frazetta
"
Jaxom wrote:
"
Sicyo wrote:
Agreed about Doomsower. I've been using one since 65-67 when you can equip it, and now I'm nearly 89 and clearing tier 8-10 maps. Really fantastic for multiple purposes. I was using it for the bigger Melee splash for a while but then when I got a 5L chest I put Cyclone in the sword instead for situational use.

I've yet to even think about replacing it. The average damage is still really competitive.

Hey Sicyo, I noticed you didnt take RT and started to take the Sword Accuracy Wheel in the bottom right of the tree. Do you find you are still hitting consistently by just having the tree accuracy and not on gear? I know Peachers increases out ability to hit so I was curious on how much more DPS you are able to get being able to get a crit every once in awhile?

I haven't had a hard time hitting at all. I've got around 80% chance to hit sitting in my hideout and find that the massive hit gains from 100% Poacher's uptime are more than enough.

I started to take the sword accuracy wheel in the bottom right because it's more damage than picking the marauder melee damage starting area. It was either that or pick up 4% life somewhere, or an extra endurance charge. Tough choice really.

The crit thing is situational. I do a fair amount of party playing so when someone runs with Assassin's Mark or something else that benefits crits, I want to take advantage of that. Plus, the odd chance you find a Diamond Shrine is beautiful. Also it's 2 points which is another Jewel slot or more life/sword damage.

I've honestly been debating on making a Mace build, might do that once this guy hits 90. I'd consider just using a respec but man, we're talking like 30 regrets at this point to dump all the sword passives and the life wheel. It was a few pages back so I'll save you some hunting:
Spoiler
You know, later on in the league if I still haven't completed the "Acquire these Talismans" challenge, I'm going to make an HC Flickerstrike character. You keep getting asked about HC viability and I think I've got a tree mapped out that might be a little more durable, take a look for me and tell me what you think?

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAuR0V7Irw6UbEgsqQhNlHfqmUvTaHanh6ZU2pJ76nhO_awUMxdO0uU0z_wzMFLdNvTipaGnrvW69AoA2NXhOHdvzFIVXvTuOf7g7cPSz7YVJKfaOKB3WKIoZgxVMj9sCmJyA6UuSt3DJNko19vJ8OPGdYSHgwfBiR_EsUcWCRBTxRRxRN2Xz46z7Pjb-CB-oY89295tQjUeZ2rGhlMHF3U7Qvz37dqDs7ITStjUt4nsVBP9lhOkKFUusJOQ4Jlpd55FGeV1BHdn_vDn7gFCBfP_ZIjM89_Fhj8kFnoA==

I'm thinking of Maces for the stuns and Kongor's is cheap and common. It gives resists and a better version of Resolute Technique. Your hits can't be evaded but you can still crit, so you take advantage of elemental status effects (freeze from hatred damage)

I took the bottom route of the tree instead of heading up to the scion wheel.
Here's what I lose compared to your mace tree at 110 pts:
8% maximum life
52% melee physical damage

But here's what I gain:
20% armour with Fortify
36% armour
35% increased physical damage with Fortify
46% increased physical damage with maces
6% attack speed with maces
15% increased Fortify effect

Thoughts? Ever try it yourself?

Another thing - this tree I made stands to gain a LOT from the Ascendancy classes. Both Fortify & Stuns get a big boost in Champion and Slayer.
"
Sicyo wrote:
"
Jaxom wrote:
"
Sicyo wrote:
Agreed about Doomsower. I've been using one since 65-67 when you can equip it, and now I'm nearly 89 and clearing tier 8-10 maps. Really fantastic for multiple purposes. I was using it for the bigger Melee splash for a while but then when I got a 5L chest I put Cyclone in the sword instead for situational use.

I've yet to even think about replacing it. The average damage is still really competitive.

Hey Sicyo, I noticed you didnt take RT and started to take the Sword Accuracy Wheel in the bottom right of the tree. Do you find you are still hitting consistently by just having the tree accuracy and not on gear? I know Peachers increases out ability to hit so I was curious on how much more DPS you are able to get being able to get a crit every once in awhile?

I haven't had a hard time hitting at all. I've got around 80% chance to hit sitting in my hideout and find that the massive hit gains from 100% Poacher's uptime are more than enough.

I started to take the sword accuracy wheel in the bottom right because it's more damage than picking the marauder melee damage starting area. It was either that or pick up 4% life somewhere, or an extra endurance charge. Tough choice really.

The crit thing is situational. I do a fair amount of party playing so when someone runs with Assassin's Mark or something else that benefits crits, I want to take advantage of that. Plus, the odd chance you find a Diamond Shrine is beautiful. Also it's 2 points which is another Jewel slot or more life/sword damage.

I've honestly been debating on making a Mace build, might do that once this guy hits 90. I'd consider just using a respec but man, we're talking like 30 regrets at this point to dump all the sword passives and the life wheel. It was a few pages back so I'll save you some hunting:
Spoiler
You know, later on in the league if I still haven't completed the "Acquire these Talismans" challenge, I'm going to make an HC Flickerstrike character. You keep getting asked about HC viability and I think I've got a tree mapped out that might be a little more durable, take a look for me and tell me what you think?

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAuR0V7Irw6UbEgsqQhNlHfqmUvTaHanh6ZU2pJ76nhO_awUMxdO0uU0z_wzMFLdNvTipaGnrvW69AoA2NXhOHdvzFIVXvTuOf7g7cPSz7YVJKfaOKB3WKIoZgxVMj9sCmJyA6UuSt3DJNko19vJ8OPGdYSHgwfBiR_EsUcWCRBTxRRxRN2Xz46z7Pjb-CB-oY89295tQjUeZ2rGhlMHF3U7Qvz37dqDs7ITStjUt4nsVBP9lhOkKFUusJOQ4Jlpd55FGeV1BHdn_vDn7gFCBfP_ZIjM89_Fhj8kFnoA==

I'm thinking of Maces for the stuns and Kongor's is cheap and common. It gives resists and a better version of Resolute Technique. Your hits can't be evaded but you can still crit, so you take advantage of elemental status effects (freeze from hatred damage)

I took the bottom route of the tree instead of heading up to the scion wheel.
Here's what I lose compared to your mace tree at 110 pts:
8% maximum life
52% melee physical damage

But here's what I gain:
20% armour with Fortify
36% armour
35% increased physical damage with Fortify
46% increased physical damage with maces
6% attack speed with maces
15% increased Fortify effect

Thoughts? Ever try it yourself?

Another thing - this tree I made stands to gain a LOT from the Ascendancy classes. Both Fortify & Stuns get a big boost in Champion and Slayer.

Thanks! Now you have my wheels spinning. Interesting thought on that maul. Totally forgot about that one. It has slightly more DPS than Doomsower however you can save a few points off of RT. You probably dont need Daresso's any longer since you would gain onslaught from the Mace instead though having 3 perm End charges up is nice.
Yeah the big thing about Daresso's is the endurance charge generation, and the dodge helps.

Like I said about my sword tree, I don't feel like I'm missing out with poachers and without RT, especially when solo. So I'd still save those two points whether sword or mace.

The big boost from using Kongor's over Doomsower is status effects (mace stun, freeze from crit) and higher average damage. Sure they have similar dps, but the highest Kongor's on Poe.trade has 48 higher average damage than the highest Doomsower. And of course the other damage and defense differences in the tree I outlined above.
Last edited by Sicyo on Dec 29, 2015, 2:38:45 PM
The tree looks ok to me and the mace is fine.

And yeah about the daresso's the onslaught is really the least important thing about it.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
What is your guys opinion on a oro's sacrifice flicker vs a physical flicker? I have been leveling as physical so far and no problems. A guild member told me I should look into going oro's. Just would like to get some opinions if any of you have tried it. Thanks! :)

P.S Happy New Year Eve!
Oro's is REALLY strong right now, strong enough that I want to try it. There's several changes in 2.1 that helped that build out, one of which was the leech nodes by Duelist.

The first guy that comes to mind that demonstrates true potential of Oro's is Budzergo. He's shared his profile on reddit here and it's pretty impressive. Couple videos out there including a twinned Abyss kill. He also claims deathless Atziri & Vinktar.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Budzergo/characters
Last edited by Sicyo on Dec 31, 2015, 8:27:10 PM
hello all and happy new year.

i have been gone from the game for a while and decided i want to play my flicker striker again.
think most of my old gear from rampage league should still work.

i see in the guide blasphemy + poacher's mark. i was thinking punishment instead for a huge damage boost but maybe people already tested that curse? it seems perfect for flicker with the attack speed boost as well.
Punishment is pretty bad because you need to take a hit to get the buff not to hit the cursed monsters.

As for oro... it was pretty bad before but now it seems very good and I plan on making one rather soon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info