[2.0] Rathik's Power leveling guide for ALL class and builds. Added [2.0] videos. HC compatible.

marked
Thank you for this very nice guide. That was quite a bit of work. Please allow me some comments:

@other player
* Deselect auto equip in UI options. You don't want to equip a 1h weapon when running facebeaker.

* All the stuff until lvl 25 (but Meginord's Girdle) can be bought very cheap. I play on Nemesis (expensive). Just search on poe.xyz.is with "online" enabled and ask one person after another to sell you stuff for 1 Alch or 1 Fusing. Some won't answer, some say too cheap. One will sell. Meginord's Girdle sells in the range of 20c atm.

* Read the guide and all the comments. A lot of questions have been asked and answered (multiple times)

@OP
* You misspelled Wanderlast boots and Goldrin helmet in the section which describes what to do. I used those to search for stuff since your links to poe.xyz.is did not work for me. Maybe you want to correct this.

* One guy asked for a leveling build for your summoner. You answered but the link is not valid anymore due to passive tree changes. I guess several player would be interested in an upgrade.

@HC / Nemesis players
* OP refered to use armor and resist potions quite often. Since I don't use Alt-F4 I find this a tad to risky. Esp. with desync problems. I try to address this a) playing slow, b) play it very safe in group and c) with much higher armor but that is difficult since I want the witch summoner build from OP.

What's the best 6link for facebreaker?

I'm currently doing Infernal blow + melee splash + multistrike + melee damage + added fire damage + ???.

What is the best 6th slot? I've tried faster attacks but mana cost is too high.
"
woodyfly wrote:

I'm currently doing Infernal blow + melee splash + multistrike + melee damage + added fire damage + ???.

It's all according to your needs. Faster attacks would definitely be the best choice for increased DPS (Weapon Elemental Damage wouldn't be horrible either), but Life Leech would be a great alternative for more survivability. I haven't tried it, but Increased Area of Effect may be a good option, especially if you don't have a q20 infernal blow gem. If you really can't think of anything, you could always put another non-red skill gem in there such as Frenzy or whatever to make things more interesting (+ higher single target damage). I'd personally use blood magic so I can run two auras without running into mana issues.

Edit:

I have a question for you, Rathik. So I have no problems facerolling to lvl 70 with this strategy. I wanted to know what guidelines you used for leveling with regards to how long you should stay in different areas (Ledge, Western Forest, Docks, etc.). Also, why do you level in groups? I read somewhere that there is no exp increase. There is an increase in drops, but I always find that exp comes slower since the majority of the group members have low dps compared to me and the increase in mob hp is static regardless of their dps.
IGN: BaiBhai | BhaiBhai | Bhailo

Last edited by Bhai on Dec 17, 2013, 11:54:44 PM
"
Bhaisabh wrote:
"
woodyfly wrote:

It's all according to your needs. Faster attacks would definitely be the best choice for increased DPS (Weapon Elemental Damage wouldn't be horrible either), but Life Leech would be a great alternative for more survivability. I haven't tried it, but Increased Area of Effect may be a good option, especially if you don't have a q20 infernal blow gem. If you really can't think of anything, you could always put another non-red skill gem in there such as Frenzy or whatever to make things more interesting (+ higher single target damage). I'd personally use blood magic so I can run two auras without running into mana issues.

Edit:

I have a question for you, Rathik. So I have no problems facerolling to lvl 70 with this strategy. I wanted to know what guidelines you used for leveling with regards to how long you should stay in different areas (Ledge, Western Forest, Docks, etc.). Also, why do you level in groups? I read somewhere that there is no exp increase. There is an increase in drops, but I always find that exp comes slower since the majority of the group members have low dps compared to me and the increase in mob hp is static regardless of their dps.

Yeap, I used to level in groups, but apparently 9/10 players have shitty DPS which means the killing speed is way slower. You can carry a 2-3 man group but a 6 man is to damn slow.
Last 2 characters I leveled solo.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Thanks for this guide Rathik. I'm enjoying leveling up characters and so this pseudo-build should be really fun.

Got a nice set of Facebreakers from a drop so went and bought the rest of the kit today as my first trading experience and I thought I'd report.

Domination League:

Meginord's is the only really pricey item, going for 1-1.5 exalt, but I managed to buy it with several other uniques for just over 1 exalt total.

Non-legacy-but-good-roll-Facebreakers seem to go for ~6 Chaos

Multistrike goes for 5-6 Chaos

Everything else can be had for 1-2 Chaos.

I put the total @ just about 45-50 Chaos for the league.

I'm actually wanting to try a summoner too, so might as well try yours! Thanks again as this is a really nice collection of items and it looks like hella fun to play.

To thread creator: you forgot to write when to equip stormcloud bow in the leveling spoiler section.

My only gripe with this guide is that it's sort of troublesome to level the moment you unequip silverbranch and before you can use ib with bloodmagic. Basically from lvl 19 to lvl 30 because you have no way of using your main skill without constantly popping mana flasks.

Anyone got a solution for these levels to make it easier?

Last edited by kompaniet on Dec 21, 2013, 5:14:18 PM
"
kompaniet wrote:
To thread creator: you forgot to write when to equip stormcloud bow in the leveling spoiler section.

My only gripe with this guide is that it's sort of troublesome to level the moment you unequip silverbranch and before you can use ib with bloodmagic. Basically from lvl 19 to lvl 30 because you have no way of using your main skill without constantly popping mana flasks.

Anyone got a solution for these levels to make it easier?

I still don't use bloodmagic @ level 50, so not sure what you mean? Maybe you're running 2+ auras or something?

The problem I found was getting linked armor for levels 19-60. I think the guide should add a few more tips for this:

Levels 1-19: Level your gems for your final build and Infernal Blow (level?), etc..

Level 19: Switch out of 1000 Ribbons at some point (level 15-25, in there probably). You want RRRG links somewhere on your gear, and probably armor as 1000 Ribbons will be the most level-inappropriate item you wear at this point. You'll also want sockets for Auras, Curses, and CoDT.

Final Requirements for level 19+:

R-R-R-G links (Infernal Blow - Melee Splash - Multistrike - Faster Attacks)

CoDT links (someone show these, I forget the colors)

Aura / Curse Sockets.

If you can get Goldrim, Lioneye's, or to some extent Perandus' (3 sock) or Facebreaker (3 sock) with R-R-R-G sockets this will make leveling even easier as you'll be able to wear just about any chest until Merciless.
At those levels you can use pretty much anything you like.
You don't even need a 4L.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Tx for the good guide.
whats the deal with dominus on normal tho. ive done him more easaly on "worse" character. now i get below 20/10% in a couple of hits at times. ive followd the guidfe completly and got all legendarys making the the ci summoner with mf, is my end plan

aaand edit. nvm i was just playing a bit worse since i hadnt playedin a while :)
alsow just to put in my 2 cents. i belive u need to cap resistenses for this boss. i switchd rings.

tx again
Last edited by PumpFIST on Dec 23, 2013, 7:26:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info