Archery needs significant changes

"
iamstryker wrote:

I have one ranged character and I didn't really noticed what your talking about.

OK. Say you spot a pack of mobs considerably faster than you, and you're in act 1 normal, on your first character, so you only have the quest reward gems. What do you do?

If you say 'stand in place and kill them one by one, quaffing pots as needed' then that is precisely why I think archery needs significant changes. No one plays ranged characters to 'melee with bows'.

If you say 'run away until they disengage, then shoot, rinse and repeat', then that presents the problem I detailed in the OP: the game becomes a boring one skill deal.

If they fix the AI so the mobs stop disengaging, then that only leaves the facetanking option (for fast melee mobs). They need to add kiting gems very early on as quest rewards.
[quote="Path of Exile forums"]Draft out of sync.[/quote]
Last edited by artemis42 on Sep 28, 2012, 8:19:05 AM
Have you conidered using fire trap, freezing pulse, or raise zombie. They are gem rewards early in the game, and they fix alot of these problems.

Place a fire trap or two in between the mob and yourself. then start shooting. When the monsters agro to you they get a trap in the face. Get yourself to a safe spot while they burn.

Or shoot them until they get close. Freezing pulse them and run to get distance while they are slowed. Then shoot again.

Another option is to trade for a raise zombie gem. use them as a meat shield while you unload devastation from a distance.

I main archers, and I have never had the problems you are describing.
Also qq less, play more.
Last edited by shearmanator on Sep 28, 2012, 2:18:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info