Endless Ledge is amazing... Why so few though?

loving it <3
PoE Wiki page: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile_Wiki
"
chanlinexile wrote:
Kinda underwhelmed with this Event myself, my first race ever and I expected Endless "Ledge" maps of some variety, instead first map started in Forest 2nd was in Dark Forest 3rd entered some Crypts, NOT the Endless Ledge the title of the race stated.

They are all ledge like maps, just with different tilesets.

Of course there are a ton of 105 minute turbo solo races, its the seasons signature event.

Id have liked to see a few 3-4 hour turbo solos and a 1-2 week solo of some sort. Not too late to add them!
IGN: KoTao
The Idea is interesting; but having my first two attempts end early in ledge two when I ran into death packs was rather frustrating. Double pack of exploding seawitch spawn the first time: "Oh cr*boom*bo*stunlock*bo*bo*bo*bo*bo*boom*. But I had 45m left and figured I could still get some race points so I tried again, only to get freezelocked by a pack of seawitched and find myself staring at the you're dead message again.

There needs to be a way to turn down the RNG lethality a bit.
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
Every Turbo race is endless Ledge for me.
"
Worira wrote:
Every Turbo race is endless Ledge for me.

I chortled.
IGN: KoTao
Just played my first, didn't go so well, but had loads of fun. Love it! GG, GGG!
IGN: Wraewych (81 Fireball Crit Witch) - Selling her Gear in this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/416183
IGN: UnnecessaryPleasantries (81 HS / LS / IB Marauder)
I'll use this thread as general EL feedback, and dump my post from the recent race here as I have a feeling that GGG probably doesn't read through every race thread.

The mode is great, and even putting aside the potentially very angering issue of being unable to upgrade your potions, there is one giant problem.
That problem is exploders, particularly in the early few instances.

The damage they do, and the pack sizes they come in make them virtually unmanageable, primarily because of desync, and secondarily because of the damage.
On my first run, I was in the third zone. It spawned with western forest exploders. I had TWO corals, essentially doubling what hitpoints one would expect to have around this point. Each exploder was hitting for over half my health.
Imagine if one were to encounter (and I'm sure people do) this at 1 or even no corals. Please look into balancing the damage these mobs do at early levels. I wouldn't be surprised if their damage doesn't even scale down properly to account for the lower level zone.

Getting these in the early zones is an immediate race ender, unless somehow by the grace of whatever god you worship you choose to run by everything and don't desync trip even once. Ironically, this is exactly what I did on my second run, as I got exploders on my second and again third zones. The third being double exploders (western + squids). This may serve as a direct counter to the argument I'm trying to make, but I implore you to take a look at these monsters. I'm all for challenge, but the amount of finesse required to somehow legitly get by early zones with exploders is simply no supported by the game's current net code state.
I agree that the Endless Ledge races are much more interesting than the normal ones, where we go through the beginning of the game over and over. Although there is a lot of fun RNG involved, the starting chest is exactly the same, so all of the classes get the same starting skills and equipment. I wish there were more EL races.
i kept getting double chargers (rhoa and guards, once with leapslam goats) in multiple zones and double exploders. there should be some system to prevent certain combinations.

"
boof wrote:
I'll use this thread as general EL feedback, and dump my post from the recent race here as I have a feeling that GGG probably doesn't read through every race thread.

The mode is great, and even putting aside the potentially very angering issue of being unable to upgrade your potions, there is one giant problem.
That problem is exploders, particularly in the early few instances.

The damage they do, and the pack sizes they come in make them virtually unmanageable, primarily because of desync, and secondarily because of the damage.
On my first run, I was in the third zone. It spawned with western forest exploders. I had TWO corals, essentially doubling what hitpoints one would expect to have around this point. Each exploder was hitting for over half my health.
Imagine if one were to encounter (and I'm sure people do) this at 1 or even no corals. Please look into balancing the damage these mobs do at early levels. I wouldn't be surprised if their damage doesn't even scale down properly to account for the lower level zone.

Getting these in the early zones is an immediate race ender, unless somehow by the grace of whatever god you worship you choose to run by everything and don't desync trip even once. Ironically, this is exactly what I did on my second run, as I got exploders on my second and again third zones. The third being double exploders (western + squids). This may serve as a direct counter to the argument I'm trying to make, but I implore you to take a look at these monsters. I'm all for challenge, but the amount of finesse required to somehow legitly get by early zones with exploders is simply no supported by the game's current net code state.
Last edited by janimauk on Sep 3, 2013, 10:00:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info