@GGG: linking items in chat

"
Chris wrote:
We'll likely change linking to Ctrl+Alt+Click soon. I argued against this and lost.

What the fuck even

Did you remind them that there is a full motherfucking goddamn keyboard that is barely being used? I don't get what's wrong with ~ for showing sockets and alt+click for linking.
"
Xendran wrote:
I don't get what's wrong with ~ for showing sockets and alt+click for linking.

Wow. That's actually a better change.
Starting from scratch in open beta.
Oh not this ~ key please. May I remind you that some of us don't have a QWERTY keyboard ?

Have fun pressing that ~ key on the keyboards of my country -_-
"
Chris wrote:
We'll likely change linking to Ctrl+Alt+Click soon. I argued against this and lost.

How about instead of forcing really stupid keyboard bindings on the masses, we get the option to choose our keybinds instead? I just want it to work the way it used to so I dont hit the windows key as often by mistake.
ctrl+right click/mousewheel click sounds good to me
"
"
Chris wrote:

How about instead of forcing really stupid keyboard bindings on the masses, we get the option to choose our keybinds instead? I just want it to work the way it used to so I dont hit the windows key as often by mistake.

or this!

also... an option to deactivate the windows key would be awesome ;)
Last edited by MoldyFruit on Sep 19, 2012, 6:50:54 AM
"
"
Chris wrote:

Pushing for this.

Biggest reason to let us rebind as much stuff as possible:

-It's a PC game, for crying out loud!

That's what we do.. Rebind the hell out of every single thing imaginable. :D
"In a state of physical balance and security, power, intellectual as well as physical, would be out of place."
- H. G. Wells, The Time Machine
"
Rory wrote:
The Alt change was made because I was getting a lot of reports saying people were linking items whenever they tried to equip items - We were just trying this out, to see if it was any better! Please let us know if you have a better solution, or bindings you'd prefer.
The perfect solution would be let the player bind the keys himself - both for "show sockets" and "link item to chat". As a default key I suggest you to use - SHIFT. In PoE shift only used by archers to holdposition while shooting. And you dont tend to click around in your inventory when you killing stuff!
Also, please change the chat so it will not overlay inventory (making it unclickable).
And activating chat to link item is very annoying and unneeded, unwanted by players.

About the chat: I didn't mean to change it's position/size/etc. What I mean is to make inventory clickable through chat, unless you right-click on someone's nick in chat (in that case menu with "send pm, invite, etc" will pop up).
Last edited by SonicSonedit on Sep 19, 2012, 8:18:56 AM
"
Rhalph wrote:
Oh not this ~ key please. May I remind you that some of us don't have a QWERTY keyboard ?

Have fun pressing that ~ key on the keyboards of my country -_-

Rebind the key, problem solved.

And if the devs keep up all these stupid key combos, i'm going to just bypass them all with a script.
Making stupid key combos like this is a very ameteur mistake that i only expect from somebody who both has very little pc experience, and is porting from console. I expect better from GGG, a pc dev.
ALT Right click would be my fav option for linking them to chat.

I dont care what you do, as long as we can rebind it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info