@GGG: linking items in chat

So, once again. Ctrl+Alt+Click is just ridiculous. I thought you were joking, guys. You could as well use Ctrl+Alt+Del+Click, what the hell?

Suggestions:
1) Add customizable key bindings for "link item to chat" and "show sockets". By Xendran.
2) Change default "link item to chat" key to Shift. By me.
Last edited by Novynn on May 4, 2023, 5:57:51 PM
Last bumped on Jul 7, 2013, 11:40:49 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Did you even try to do it? All the things you complain about are absolutely possible!

Want to link item from stash? Open it and then open chat and alt klick the item. Want to link while checking stats? Open character info panel and inventory then open chat and alt klick the item. Sometimes i really wonder if people just complain for the sake of complaining without testing what they complain about.
Hardcore Theorycrafter
Actually the OP has a valid point, linking items is a lot less convenient now. On the other hand before the change you would link your flask accidentally when cheking the loot for example. This mechanic needs some more tweaking for sure.

Edit: I didn't like the change of keys for linking since it was changed from Ctrl. With Alt I switch to window mode (alt+enter) or to desktop (alt+tab) time to time accidetally.
✠ ✠
Last edited by wiggin on Sep 18, 2012, 4:54:04 PM
I alt-click without my chat window even open and it opens it up for me and puts it in the chat box.

Did you even bother trying the function out?
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark
@ciknay: They changed it, it doesn't work like that anymore.

Patch notes for 9.12h
"
Chris wrote:
Version 0.9.12h
  • Fixed a problem where there would be audible clicking sounds occasionally.
  • Changed stereo sound separation to be more similar to how it was before 0.9.12g.
  • Fixed a bug where players could gain experience by killing skeletons summoned by enemy totems.
  • Alt-clicking an item now only links the item in chat if the chat window is open. This is because people hold alt to display sockets.
  • Fixed a bug where players could avoid unleashing the oversoul's darkness in higher difficulty levels.
  • Fixed Ice Shot so that its damage is now correctly treated as Area of Effect damage.
  • Fixed a problem where the Vaal Oversoul would use the wrong arms for its attacks.
  • Fixed the ability for popup notifications to obscure the mana reservation text above the mana orb.
  • Fixed a bug where Lightning Strike's projectiles would always miss when you use it for the first time in a while.

✠ ✠
"
ciknay wrote:
I alt-click without my chat window even open and it opens it up for me and puts it in the chat box.

Did you even bother trying the function out?

Its been changed and I liked it better how it was before.

Reason for the change?
yeah... i though my alt key was broken today, when i tried to link an item...
I liked it before as well.

But I don't hold alt for socket, so not sure those who do.

One thing I do know, is that it's very annoying to link item with the current set up.

You need to open inventory first then chat window, otherwise you won't be able to use hotkey while chat window is opened, and you will need to click on the inventory button.

Another annoyance is that you can't link anything that is covered by the chat window; meaning you will have to move the item out of where chat window will be, before you can open chat window to link.

Before I can simply alt click on an item that's in my inventory or stash without opening chat window; now I need to make several steps in correct order to link an item; not conveniently at all.

And if you were linking multiple items at once, and realized there one item that you need to link was covered by chat window, you will have to do all that again.

Quite an annoyance.
Alice_of_Wraeclast - Dagger CI Witch
Alice_MadnessReturns - Molten Strike AoF witch
Flavour Build concept taken from Alice: Madness Returns
Dammit devs, we are on a pc.
WE HAVE A FULL KEYBOARD.
Stop assigning multiple things to one key, this is a VERY ameteur mistake for a pc dev.
The Alt change was made because I was getting a lot of reports saying people were linking items whenever they tried to equip items - We were just trying this out, to see if it was any better! Please let us know if you have a better solution, or bindings you'd prefer.
Balance & Design

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info