0.9.12g Patch Notes

"
Jonathan wrote:
Okay, I'd just like to say I'm really sorry about that. This kind of thing is not acceptable.

No apology needed Jonathan. :)

On the contrary. Thank you for fixing the problem so fast! We are beta testers and we got better treatment than most customers get on big-budget MMOs where everyone is paying $15 a month. You guys really are an amazing dev team.

Heck, you guys fixed the problem faster than the average bathroom break, so it doesn't even have any impact the 1 week HC race either! You truly must be the hardest working indie devs on the planet. :D

I find it hilarious that you feel an apology is needed. You did an amazing job at responding quickly and providing a fix. Don't think I've seen anyone ever do a patch like that either, haha.

EDIT: On the vaal music. I like it, seems like something that would be in like Unreal Tournament 2004 oddly enough though haha, the industrial fast paced feel and all that. Will there be an upload of it at some point?

EDIT2: Message in game says X-Fi Creative Sound Card BSOD bug thingy might be fixed, so anyone that has them go try
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
Last edited by TheuberClips on Sep 17, 2012, 4:27:59 AM
"
Jonathan wrote:
Okay, I'd just like to say I'm really sorry about that. This kind of thing is not acceptable.

It's easy to forget that System32 is where the 64 bit executables are and SysWOW64 is where the 32 bit executables are.

In the future after changing any DLLs we will make sure to test a reinstall on a clean system and make sure the client runs.

64=32, and 32=64, I can see how confusing that can be, even for someone who works with those things all the time. No apology is needed, mistakes happen, "there will be bugs", such a quick response, fix, and implementation of said fix deserves pride, not shame! We really appreciate the effort and care you put into this game, =)
"
Jonathan wrote:

It's easy to forget that System32 is where the 64 bit executables are and SysWOW64 is where the 32 bit executables are.

In the future after changing any DLLs we will make sure to test a reinstall on a clean system and make sure the client runs.

No worries. When you are moving at the pace you guys are, it's easy to overlook something. Keep up the good work!
Music plays in the Cavern of Anger, where there used to be none. Is this intentional?

I personally preferred the silence, since you can hear the ghost whispers. It's way creepier.
All those pages and virtually no feedback for the music. I BLAME JONATHAN!

I've been listening to the Vaal Oversoul tune for a day or two (sneak peeks are cool) and really, really like it. It reminds me of a boss from something like R-Type. There's probably room for improvement but it really is perfect for the giant possessed automaton/golem of Vaal.

Now, when does Merveil get her tune, hmm?! :)
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Jonathan wrote:

Don't worry about it, it happens to everyone and the way you guys handle these things if they happen is just great (especially telling what happened)! Many companies could really learn from that.

And thx for the fast fix of course :)
I really like the fact that you apologized (needed or not).
I've never seen any big company do a mea culpa, or even communicate as honestly with their players/customers. That's why I love you guys (and if I manage to put any money aside, I'll upgrade my support pack)
Great job GGG!
I've advertised the game to many friends, they've played and now they absolutely want it!
I was fast asleep when the patch was implemented, so I missed the excitement, but, WOW! You guys are incredible, a "disastrous" patch for your product leaves less downtime than most other companies' flawless patches would cause.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info