ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

Hey !
What do you think about Deshret's Vise or Maligaros as Gloves for this build ??

"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
I'm having a bad time gearing the char due to tri-res needs. My resistances in this moment are 75% 31%(Cold) 75% and I'm thinking seriously on running PoI.

Most of the gear is temporal until I can find a better replacement, note that I just respecced my Shadow to make this build, I don't still have all the 20/20 or leveled gems. Anyway, would be great if you can help telling me should I change first.

Greetings and thanks for the great build!

Hi, thanks for trying the build. I had the same problem as you before, we are using quite a few uniques so we have to be careful with the requirements. But it is defintely doable - my old gear is still in the front page - you can see I had to run Purity of Ice to solve my cold resistance. I recommend you get upgrade your diamond ring to a ring that gives you some additional cold resistance, or upgrade belt to get one with tri-res. I also ran Purity of Elements when I was trying different rings. Only aura we need really is Hatred, so feel free to grab Purity of Ice or Purity of Elements - I did the same for a very long time.

When I switched to using Atziri Acuity I had to solve my resistances only on rings and belt. So I needed to get belt with ~40% all res and rings with ~50% all res. So you can solve resistances just from those 3 gear pieces although the belt maybe expensive to get, but the rings are usually cheap. That way you are free to get whatever you want on gloves - Atziri Acuity, Thunderfists, regular gloves, etc.

Unfortunately now we have a Strength requirement that is harder to fix than before for LS of 151 Strength so you will need to grab Strength on the tree like I did and then get some Strength on belt/rings/gloves. You will probably also need some Int. as well if you want to use high-level Enfeeble gem 159 gem.

Also important!: Lightning Strike is a based on physical damage so you need a strong physical dagger. Try to get Bino's or something for now until you can buy/craft your own rare.

Thanks for the detailed reply!

I like how in love you are with the build, constanly updating it and searching for improvements.

On the other hand, I managed to improve my gear a bit.

Now my resists are 75%/75%/75%, 3375 life and 51K DPS with Hatred and Herald of Ash(and I'm only lvl 78). I'm aware that the Sapphire Ring could be better with some life, but it at least helped me to finally cap my resists.

Besides that, the Bino's regen is amazing, I'm feeling very safe with it and 2% leech from tree. It's not the best option in 1v1 though.

Some sockets are empty because I'm testing curses and other things, still can't decide if to do the switch-curse move, I'm just too lazy to do it :P.

Any suggestion is welcomed ;D
Last edited by tinx9 on Aug 22, 2014, 8:50:24 PM
"
MarcAurelius wrote:
Question:

Would there happen to ever be a Scion tree you could put together of this build? I was just curious to see if Scion path would work with this build. And just to see if there woudl be any advantages of Scion over Ranger.

What do you recommend leveling with btw? ST has been nerfed and it just feels really clunky to level with now, so if you have any recommendations, that'd be lovely.

I'm looking to take this build to end game in Beyond, but I'm trying to just be prepared before I start.

Thanks again for this build. Took it to Lvl 79 on Invasion, so looking to do so again on Beyond

"
Advaanze wrote:
hi one lil question. I got a Scion lvl 93 and i hate to rerrol and i want to make this build as scion do you think it can work without trouble? thanks!

Hi! Yes Scion could work, although it is not the most efficient and Ranger has the best start. This could be the tree at level 94 (it requires you kill all bandits x3)

It would be a good idea to run this through the PoE builder and compare vs. the original tree. I grabbed True Strike by Scion start and some life nodes, in exchange for taking out some damage nodes in the main tree.

Thank you for trying the build. I still need to make a leveling guide. I recommend using Lightning Strike early on so you can get the feel of the skill. It should be fine to use while leveling up. Spec Throw / Double Strike are also good skills to use. You will find that LS is very efficient because you do not need LMP or Melee Splash.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Aug 22, 2014, 9:28:46 PM
"
coolpaddy wrote:
Hey !
What do you think about Deshret's Vise or Maligaros as Gloves for this build ??

Hi! Yes Maligaros works well but we already get so much crit on tree. Deshret Vice are also very good for this build if you need the Strength. You will need to make sure you have enough Int for Enfeeble and Rathpith, as well as enough Strength for Lightning Strike. You will then need to solve your resistances on belt and rings only if you decide to use unique gloves. But of course you do not have to stick with the items - you can use regular boots instead of Atziri Step, or a different shield to help balance HP/resistance requirements. You could also get resistance on dagger. Many interesting unique gloves to try:

But best is to get some nice rare gloves with life, resistances, strength/int, ACCURACY, an/or evasion
Last edited by Ceryneian on Aug 22, 2014, 9:38:54 PM
"
Thanks for the detailed reply!

I like how in love you are with the build, constanly updating it and searching for improvements.

On the other hand, I managed to improve my gear a bit.

Now my resists are 75%/75%/75%, 3375 life and 51K DPS with Hatred and Herald of Ash(and I'm only lvl 78). I'm aware that the Sapphire Ring could be better with some life, but it at least helped me to finally cap my resists.

Besides that, the Bino's regen is amazing, I'm feeling very safe with it and 2% leech from tree. It's not the best option in 1v1 though.

Some sockets are empty because I'm testing curses and other things, still can't decide if to do the switch-curse move, I'm just too lazy to do it :P.

Any suggestion is welcomed ;D

Your gear looks good. i would just level now, as there is not much you can improve on your gear unless you want to get a better weapon. I will make a detailed post on weapon swap for curse. I love it!
im still bagging you to update your old
build im starving for it :>
keep up the good work! :)
In the top right you pick a int node over a 8% mana node. Isn't the 8% mana node better? Above mind drinker \ next to ghost reaver are the nodes i mean.

Btw just found a multistrike, helps so much with melee dmg etc :)

Also this is my first goal, gives me most of the defence nodes and also the melee damage nodes so i don't have to use daggers right away:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAm40ILu2DGY4AXtN-JJ19dXiuYlr-ukjuG6094rfT18ujiiP2TGBNko19BLEwfJVmfytRR9aKd9eNv1b6BbX8xcLs1CPo1megtxe0xTBxIuqbJs3qh3aA4dvnHoFirN2oIQMyAUp94l5HBkuNnapsjEt4S8SyGTiW9vz_HDY9OkJl8c96pzTssIwLuXzaPVv3Ug0=

Once i have that i'll probably go for arcing blows (must be a huge dps increase?).

Edit, perhaps it's possible to get the written in blood cluster at the top for some more hp? It also gives 10 str which perhaps gives you options to skip the 2 int\str (+30) nodes in the top left area.
Last edited by foojin on Aug 23, 2014, 4:33:09 AM
"
suResuN wrote:
im still bagging you to update your old
build im starving for it :>
keep up the good work! :)

Hi, sorry for the delay! Check this out for the axe double strike build and let me know what you think. You can take out the mana nodes since you use Soul Taker. You get more life, more block, and more life recovery for flask than with the LS build. I will work on updating the main guide for the new trees etc. this weekend!

Last edited by Ceryneian on Aug 23, 2014, 8:23:02 AM
"
foojin wrote:
In the top right you pick a int node over a 8% mana node. Isn't the 8% mana node better? Above mind drinker \ next to ghost reaver are the nodes i mean.

Btw just found a multistrike, helps so much with melee dmg etc :)

Also this is my first goal, gives me most of the defence nodes and also the melee damage nodes so i don't have to use daggers right away:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAm40ILu2DGY4AXtN-JJ19dXiuYlr-ukjuG6094rfT18ujiiP2TGBNko19BLEwfJVmfytRR9aKd9eNv1b6BbX8xcLs1CPo1megtxe0xTBxIuqbJs3qh3aA4dvnHoFirN2oIQMyAUp94l5HBkuNnapsjEt4S8SyGTiW9vz_HDY9OkJl8c96pzTssIwLuXzaPVv3Ug0=

Once i have that i'll probably go for arcing blows (must be a huge dps increase?).

Edit, perhaps it's possible to get the written in blood cluster at the top for some more hp? It also gives 10 str which perhaps gives you options to skip the 2 int\str (+30) nodes in the top left area.

Hmm, because I go down to Depth Perception that mana node will take an extra point to get. If you don't get Depth Perception then yes better to get that mana node, but Depth Perception is a very strong node.

Your tree looks good! When you are early leveling, and until you can get max blocks and dodge and use Blind for your evasion - you will have to rely more on HP to survive. This is important to remember as you level up, the life wheel at the top of Shadow is good as well and definitely helps with the Strength requirement - although it takes up a few points - it will depend on your gear and how much strength you need, I would get that life wheel if you are playing on Beyond. For me it is too much life. With the current tree I get the same amount of life of 4K as I had before the patch, I am only lower because I am using some cheap gloves right now with no life.

Since you can only get Bringer of Rain very late - you will need to rely on Crest of Perandus to get high block. Your spell block will come from Lazhwar for now. Once you get Bringer you can take out Perandus and get Rathpith Globe and you are set for this build! Use any boots/rings/gloves/belt you want - Atziri Step is obviously a luxury item, but best boots for this build.

Let me know if this helps!
Anyone starting this build from scratch, or trying to do it in a new league, below are some recommended items that are very cheap and can take you all the way to level 60 with minimum upgrades. I will add pricing and the level progressions once I get time:

Shopping List
- Wanderlust (only for freeze bosses like Coast boss and Merveil)
- Crest of Perandus (all the way to level 60+)
- Briskwarp (INSANE chest, lot of evasion in early levels all the way to level 30ish - excellent combo with Crest of Perandus, upgrade to chest with life and resistances for 30-60ish level)
- Ungil's Gauche (cheap, good damage level 20+)
- Fairgraves Tricorne (for lightning bosses - Piety, Dominus etc)
- Mightflay (cheap good damage from level 35-60 - strong phys dagger that works well with Multistrike)

To Do List
- Hardcore tree
- Update guide for trees, new nodes, gear, stats, and info
- Level progression for beginners - nodes and gear
- Axe tree
- Update axe guide

Last edited by Ceryneian on Aug 23, 2014, 8:53:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info