ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
emaster wrote:
"
AccelCrown wrote:
So I'm looking for end game Opal Rings and I've noticed there's a #% elemental damage to attack skills and there's # to # added lightning damage to attack. So for weeks I've been checking the trade and selected the mods

# to max life(Highest 79)
#% Increased Elemental damage with Attack skills(Highest is 41%)
#% increased Elemental damage (highest 25%)
Adds # to # lightning damage to attacks. (Highest possible 6-72)

So far, i have never seen this combination being sold,(my knowledge of prefix and suffix is lacking) so i was wondering that its not possible.

i was wondering which one i should switch out and wondered which would would give me more dps, Increased Elemental damage with attack skills or Add # to # lightning damage.
What do you think?

I think with all these abyss jewels with flat lightning - you can get more dps from % increased lightning damage on ring (which for us is basically the same as % elemental damage with attack skills). 6-72 flat lightning is just a half of abyss jewel (or even a quater). So best opal ring might be -

# to max life
#% Increased Elemental damage with Attack skills
#% increased Elemental damage
#% increased lightning damage

Though you can verify this in path of building.

AccelCrown - not sure how you are searching, but the "% increased elemental damage" is an implicit for Opal ring. So it is not a prefix or suffix - which are for explicits. So if your trade search specified % increased elemental damage as an explicit nothing will show up.

In general flat lightning will give you higher damage than % inc. elemental damage, but you will need to run the options in PoB to see which one gives you higher DPS.

You can craft an item in Path of Building to see the prefixes and suffixes (and also Elreon master mods) and quickly see how it affects your build DPS.

Alternatively I believe you can also copy paste items directly from poe.trade into Path of Building so you don't have to manually create the items in Path of Building.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Jan 15, 2018, 3:01:36 PM
"
destinydesi wrote:
What about Hyaon's Fury instead of dagger ? Will it make any difference ?

Hi bud, you can test on Path of Building by taking out the dagger nodes and putting into sword nodes and using Hyaon's instead of a dagger. I got lower DPS for Hyaon's because the loss of crit was too much.
"
arturartart wrote:
What can I improve here?
Currently all guardians one shot me 4.5k hp.
https://pastebin.com/4LDSYjmh
I have 20+ exalts more

Hi bud nice gear, but you are using two Taming which have no life, if you can get 2 rings even with medium life rolls and then get the 5th jewel socket and put another jewel with life you should be close to 4.9k HP. If you get better rolls on both the rings (e.g. 70 life) then you will be above 5k. If you add Belly you will be above 5.5k.

You shouldn't be getting one shot by Guardians unless you are purposely trying to facetank them. Minotaur is the only dangerous guardian if the fight takes too long, all the other Guardians you can just beat them at range. Why take the risk of trying to fight them in melee? We have no point blank or shotgun to abuse that would justify taking more risk standing in melee range.

Otherwise check what map mods you are rolling and please don't try and do bosses with crazy map mods.

If you are refering to Elder Guardians - the fights take some practice to get used. Purifier and Eradicator are probably the hardest. This weekend I did Purifier for the second time, he spawned on a T14 and it was a breeze xD.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Jan 15, 2018, 3:24:54 PM
good guide and build im currently using it on my raider but didnt find a good replacement for the tabula
no queen rules forever, my daughter
Made some changes since the last time posted.
Spoiler

My resistances arent capped pre flasks, and I use Wise oak to cap all with lightning still being highest. Playing with this playstyle, I've thought of possibly bringing out the pathfinder but havent been able to make it work, so i'll still probably stay raider.

If you could get a decently optimized PF build that I could play more with that'd also be very nice.

Any upgrades besides the rings?
Last edited by xflinn on Jan 16, 2018, 2:47:17 AM
"
Lugzan1 wrote:
good guide and build im currently using it on my raider but didnt find a good replacement for the tabula

Thanks bud, upgrade shield to a rare with life or Lycosidae if you can, same with chest. If you can find some jewels wiht life for your belt or a Stygian with life and res that would also be good.
"
xflinn wrote:
Spoiler

My resistances arent capped pre flasks, and I use Wise oak to cap all with lightning still being highest. Playing with this playstyle, I've thought of possibly bringing out the pathfinder but havent been able to make it work, so i'll still probably stay raider.

If you could get a decently optimized PF build that I could play more with that'd also be very nice.

Hmmm, Pathfinder is a bit tricky because she does not have a way to generate Frenzy charges reliably, and without frenzy charges it is a big DPS drop to our ele damage. You'll have to drop the frenzy nodes and maybe think about getting Witch Alchemist but I'll see what we can do.

Nice gear bud, only upgrades I would say is if you want more life I would put abyss jewels with life in your belt and chest and then change Rat's Nest to rare EV helm with life and res which should also help you cap all your resistances.
"
xflinn wrote:
Spoiler

I'd suggest to get Watcher's Eye with "damage penetrates 15% lightning resistance while affected by Wrath". Costs just 1 ex and is basically free Wise Oak. For the second mode you can look for "% to evade attacks while affected by grace" (or similar for haste), since they work with Vall Grace\Haste too. I'd also drop Druidic Rite and grab 8% life nodes instead.
"
emaster wrote:

I'd suggest to get Watcher's Eye with "damage penetrates 15% lightning resistance while affected by Wrath". Costs just 1 ex and is basically free Wise Oak. For the second mode you can look for "% to evade attacks while affected by grace" (or similar for haste), since they work with Vall Grace\Haste too. I'd also drop Druidic Rite and grab 8% life nodes instead.

Reason I took Druidic Rite is because I wanted to test the flask uptime and keeping wise oak popped basically 24/7 (minus bosses). Since with the current build I was running low resistances that get capped via Wise Oak. Just been playing around with some flask nodes and running simulations on PoB for PF build for it as well.
"
xflinn wrote:
"
emaster wrote:

Reason I took Druidic Rite is because I wanted to test the flask uptime and keeping wise oak popped basically 24/7 (minus bosses). Since with the current build I was running low resistances that get capped via Wise Oak. Just been playing around with some flask nodes and running simulations on PoB for PF build for it as well.

Then you can drop Druidic Rite and recpec into Alira for +15% to all resists and 20 crit multiplier (I did that because also was struggling with resists and did not have reasonable place to spent those 2 points).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info