ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

Tree and gear are coming. Don't worry. I was waiting for the patch notes and need to make some changes.
"
Ceryneian wrote:
Tree and gear are coming. Don't worry. I was waiting for the patch notes and need to make some changes.

no prob, i thought it was embadded in a spoiler and id missed it or something. looking forward to it, want to try something new while i wait for 2.2 x)
RELEVANT PATCH NOTES FOR THIS BUILD

Flask Changes:

Added a new Utility Flask - Basalt Flask: Grants additional physical damage reduction.

Added a new Utility Flask - Stibnite Flask: Grants increased evasion and creates smoke clouds on use.

Quartz Flasks, now lasts for 4 seconds (down from 5 seconds) and consume 30 of 60 charges (down from 40 of 60). They now provide 10% Dodge and Spell Dodge, as well as Phasing.

Jade Flasks now lasts 4 seconds (down from 5 seconds) and consume 30 of 60 charges (down from 40 of 60).

Quicksilver Flasks now last for 4 seconds (down from 5 seconds).

Added a new Flask mod - Chemist's: Reduced number of Charged Used

Added a new Utility Flask mod - Experimenter's: Increased Duration

Added a new Utility Flask mod - Alchemist's: Increased Effect and Reduced Duration

Need to see which of these are flask suffixes or prefixes

Lion's Roar no longer requires extra charges to use and can be used twice. It now also provides 30-35% more melee physical damage (instead of a fixed 30%). good for genjuro builds

Taste of Hate now only makes you take 20% of physical damage as cold damage. It now adds 20-30% of physical as cold, rather than always 30%. medium nerf

Vessel of Vinktar has been reduced to 20% Life and Mana leech. It no longer grants "Leech applies instantly during Flask effect". It also consumes more charges when used, so you cannot use the flask twice per fill any more. SEVERE nerf

-----

Whirling Blades is now 10% slower.

Assassin's Mark now causes enemies to take 20% increased extra damage from critical strikes at all gem levels, rather than a value that increased every level.

Projectile Weakness now always causes enemies to have a 50% chance to be pierced. Enemies cursed with Projectile Weakness take a further 5% increased damage from projectiles at all gem levels. unclear if this means the "more damage" multiplier has been increased from 1.30x to 1.35x or reduced to 1.05x

Blood Rage now casts more quickly (250ms, rather than 1000ms). A one-second cooldown has been added to prevent accidental re-casting.

The Critical Strike Support Gem now grants additional critical strike chance in addition to increased critical strike chance, but the value of increased critical strike chance has been reduced. This brings it closer to other support gems by making its overall effect on DPS multiplicative. strong buff

----

Dagger Changes:

The Nightstalker notable passive now grants 50% Increased Critical Strike Chance with Daggers (down from 60%). The nodes prior to Nightstalker now grant 20% increased Critical Strike Chance with Daggers each (down from 30% each). One of the nodes on the Adder's Touch path now grants 20% increased Critical Strike Chance with Daggers (down from 30%). Daggers already have the highest implicit critical strike chance for all melee weapons, and have crit on their weapons, so they didn't also need the most critical strike chance in the tree. These weapons still have the most available critical chance/multiplier, just not the highest per skill as well. less crit chance with daggers, but not a huge deal

The life regeneration stat on Bino's Kitchen Knife has been changed to a flat value of 200 life regenerated per second. lol

----

Critical Strike Rework/Balance: IMPORTANT TO NOTE IF YOU HAVE CRAFTED AND MIRRORED ITEMS!

All sources of increased Critical Strike Multiplier have been changed to additional Critical Strike Multiplier. This change brings the functionality in line with how most players think it works.

Because of this, all items, passives and some skills/support gems that used to have increased Critical Strike Multiplier are now 33% less effective on players, despite having the same value. A number of these have been adjusted in value to maintain similar effectiveness. (Inc. Crit Damage gem, among others)

Blessed Orbs are required to update the following to their new values: implicits mods on all Rapier base types, implicits mods on Curved Blades, Lithe Blades and Exquisite Blades

Divine Orbs are required to update the following to their new values: All craftable Jewel mods which grant Critical Strike Multiplier, Bino's Kitchen Knife

The following were not updated to new values: Maligaro's Virtuosity, all craftable item mods (non-jewel) and master-crafted mods

If I am reading this correctly: if you had a mod that said X% inc. critical strike multiplier, it will now say X% additional critical strike multiplier (which is 33% less multiplier than before). The ranges of this mod are still the same as before for craftable item mods and master-crafted mods.

So if you rolled top tier max Y% inc. crit multiplier on your item, it will become the top tier max additional Y% crit multiplier mod.

However, you CAN change the value on implicit for some weapons (Exquisite Blade for genjuro), jewel mods, and some items like Bino's - so that you maintain the same multiplier inc. as before.

Maligaro's cannot re-roll to a higher crit multiplier, so you will have less crit multilplier from this glove.

Inc. Crit Damage gem has been changed to have the same effectiveness as before.

Fun patch

Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 3, 2016, 12:09:46 AM
"
testoe3d wrote:
hi, there i will try the genjuro build focused on vls on the new hc league
im curious about what u guys think about my idea.

im planning to go with templer inquisitor since it will be easy to get very high crit chance
on vls with jewels and the new icc gem. So with nearly every VLS critting and 100% elemental
conversion we will ignore all elemental resistance and with our damage 100%elemental this should be insane. On top of that we get 100% increased crit chance against enemys without elemntal status ailments and since VLS crits ones and every other strike crits aswell this will boost our crit chance even further.If the enemeys are then shocked we get and aditional 45% crit multi.

I honestly think this should be more damage then the shadow assasin.
What do you guys think about it?

Aye buddy this is a nice idea. You will have to use staff isntead of sword, but will be doing some insane damage. I actually socket Light Pen on my VLS, but going Inquisitor you can take this off and use another damage gem.

Unfortunately getting good defense for 2H'ers is hard. Acro and Phase Acro are great for the right-side of the tree for 2H'ers

Ideally you will want to use 2 6Ls for LS and VLS, so you will be unable to use Kaom's. Unless for your build you do 6L LS and then 4L VLS and rely on the Inquisitor buffs to get more damage, that way you can use a Kaom's for even more defense.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 3, 2016, 12:08:47 AM
Which build mode you recommend me to start the Parandus. And which class ascendancy.
It's a good build late game? What is the DPS ?

"
Aye buddy this is a nice idea. You will have to use staff isntead of sword, but will be doing some insane damage. I actually socket Light Pen on my VLS, but going Inquisitor you can take this off and use another damage gem.

Unfortunately getting good defense for 2H'ers is hard. Acro and Phase Acro are great for the right-side of the tree for 2H'ers

Ideally you will want to use 2 6Ls for LS and VLS, so you will be unable to use Kaom's. Unless for your build you do 6L LS and then 4L VLS and rely on the Inquisitor buffs to get more damage, that way you can use a Kaom's for even more defense.
-

hey, thanks for your answer. I will still go for swords the passive skill tree difference isnt that huge
between shadow and templar becouse ill hit the lifewheel anyway its about 4points difference.
For chest i plan on starting with daressos and switch to coil later. So i will have 2 6ls 1 for VLS and the other for regular LS.

here is a passive tree i put together for hardcore if anybody is interested:
2H sword genjuro templar inquisitor:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUATwSb7Irkr2xo8gth8B_GrqIAPC0Es4Nfg8y3Pv4K8kXYvTrhNZKmV7Xy_o9N43gNwBqpbm87d-MB3ITZR36plL02h2plTb6ndcvqYs2YjX5DMdrBTP907U4qBS1br3rvDY0UdYd2d9fjn2egVvp0oEp9fytYdQaiMHwGIBfc1FKNfVFHy_Uj9udUjb8xsE2SJP0FtdQj3L3_3sLsMHHnD7TF3ahirNvnS3hsjEcGOkKdqvLhNj1jQ-tjtUgRLwMe1EIfQYRvdf0WvyaVYeJVS4w2idNwUiPTj2A=

and here is the shadow assasin one :
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_JpV1_WHihG9VS9RCjDa1SInT62NwUhEvAx42PR9BnapsjGKstMXC7NvnBbVHBo2_8uFRR9QjY0PnVDB8MHEk_dRSfyuNfd2o_97L9Vb6I_ZLeDGw7g53102SOkLcve96dKAUdecP035YdQaiW68AXgYgF9wNjU4qGY6Hdkz_I9Ptg-OfZ6BDMY9gCC5KfdrBjX507c2YBS3qYnrvdcu-p2VNvTZHfoTZAdyplHfjh2qpbsAaeA1vO7XyNZL-j9i9TeP-CqZX8kU64X11_ro=

still deciding which to take.
"
testoe3d wrote:
"

-

hey, thanks for your answer. I will still go for swords the passive skill tree difference isnt that huge
between shadow and templar becouse ill hit the lifewheel anyway its about 4points difference.
For chest i plan on starting with daressos and switch to coil later. So i will have 2 6ls 1 for VLS and the other for regular LS.

here is a passive tree i put together for hardcore if anybody is interested:
2H sword genjuro templar inquisitor:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUATwSb7Irkr2xo8gth8B_GrqIAPC0Es4Nfg8y3Pv4K8kXYvTrhNZKmV7Xy_o9N43gNwBqpbm87d-MB3ITZR36plL02h2plTb6ndcvqYs2YjX5DMdrBTP907U4qBS1br3rvDY0UdYd2d9fjn2egVvp0oEp9fytYdQaiMHwGIBfc1FKNfVFHy_Uj9udUjb8xsE2SJP0FtdQj3L3_3sLsMHHnD7TF3ahirNvnS3hsjEcGOkKdqvLhNj1jQ-tjtUgRLwMe1EIfQYRvdf0WvyaVYeJVS4w2idNwUiPTj2A=

and here is the shadow assasin one :
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_JpV1_WHihG9VS9RCjDa1SInT62NwUhEvAx42PR9BnapsjGKstMXC7NvnBbVHBo2_8uFRR9QjY0PnVDB8MHEk_dRSfyuNfd2o_97L9Vb6I_ZLeDGw7g53102SOkLcve96dKAUdecP035YdQaiW68AXgYgF9wNjU4qGY6Hdkz_I9Ptg-OfZ6BDMY9gCC5KfdrBjX507c2YBS3qYnrvdcu-p2VNvTZHfoTZAdyplHfjh2qpbsAaeA1vO7XyNZL-j9i9TeP-CqZX8kU64X11_ro=

still deciding which to take.

Good trees. The shadow one is close to mine - you may want to swap Brutal Blade for Slashing Comeback. Slashing Comeback path gives more damage per point and you do not really need inc. APS since you'll have multistrike
"
jvbeat wrote:
Which build mode you recommend me to start the Parandus. And which class ascendancy.
It's a good build late game? What is the DPS ?

Pick any of the 3 types of builds. For starting off I recommend you do not use the genjuro build (2h sword) build until you get more comfortable with lightning strike. For fast clearing pick a post haste build, for higher survivability pick a butterfly build.
Updated front page for trees and example gear. Still need to test and finish a few things after the patch hits.

NEW TREES

Post Haste (Raider and Deadye): lots of frenzy charges for massive damage and attack speed, easy 90% pierce from quality LS and nodes for very high clearing damage:

Spoiler

http://www.poeplanner.com/AAAAAwIBm40ILu2DGY4AXtN-fXX-uiSdYlpI7j3ieK6xsxutexSUuKOKI_ZNko19MHxRR-dUJP3_3j7PveY31O0_7g78xQ2Nh3bjn0p9W69OKkz_1liPYEMxjX63tnXLvqfqYmVNvTZHfoTZwzNaGtrBdO0uU9NvBS1677cXOJbiXoDhjb8FtcLstMVirGyMnaoM8qXLNj3rYxEvtUjUQoRvdf0Wv4w2JpVh4lVLidNwUioLXfIOSBGWkBvb1HBWmhMHHpUu8NVJUdvnbAjxikcG2HZW9dtul9COirk-rGYs4X3jKlt59kM2Uuw=

Wingbow (Raider, Saboteur, Tricker): dropped frenzy charges, got dodge (to be combined with block), got Vaal Pact. For Saboteur / Tricker -> just swap for Shadow start.

NOTE! If VofV has legacy versions with instant leech, you can drop Vaal Pact.

Pathfinder uses the same tree, but focuses more on buffing the flasks for more defense, damage, and flask duration.

Genjuro (Pathfinder, Assassin): 2H sword crit. Swap Ranger start for Assassin Ascension.

Gets TONS of jewels - this is to use Vaal Sentencings for Pathfinder to up your VLS crit chance to as close to 95% as possible, or Atziri Reigns for Assassin (since high crit chance on 1st hit) to increase duration of Assassin's VLS.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 3, 2016, 5:25:54 PM
bump. not sure why i can't see this in ranger list

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info