ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
Ceratoidei wrote:
looks interesting, always looked for a build I could invest some currency in...

could buy a volls and romiras and start with a lvl88 shadow, should be possible...

gear

I should have a decent Abyssus somewhere oO
strange :D

just resis could be a problem... and high q warlords mark is always a oppertunity to generate ec ;)
but as we wouldn't get hitten to often its not reliable

@op: is it a good build for lvling or are you dying from time to time due to ele dmg?

Ok till now it seems fun, but Im not sure if its a high lvl build, jungle valley was already close ^^
for me Rats Nest seems to be the better option if you use acuity, as you will leech more reliable... currently Im just at 80% crit... may replacing the wed with an acc gem + rats nest ~ 90%crit

should I buy a leg shaffels?

Well I am not using Rat's Nest for the quad-defense build. The Rat's Nest is Alberto_Wolf's gear - he is using this build with his duelist and is using Belly of the Beast + Rat's Nest instead of BofR. I suggest Alberto to use Abyssus because we are using permanent Immortal Call for Uber Atziri run so he might as well use Abyssus instead of Rat's Nest as long as he can be aware that when his IC is down and mobs are close he has extra risk of taking very high damage.

However I must say that Bringer of Rain I feel is the best option for this quad-defense build for the BLIND and additional block to help you get to max spell block. You do not need Acuities with this version either. This is my updated gear and links for this quad version:
Spoiler

I only mention elemental attacks because with Saffell's you have 0% block - so you need to rely on evasion and dodge and your max resistances. It is not a big deal, but helps to be aware of your weakness. This is why I still prefer BofR to get the blind to boost my evasion.

This is a bit advanced build because it relies on managing flasks. You also need to be aware of all damage types in the map and should know why you are taking damage, and manage your flasks.

For example Jungle Valley - the boss uses a chaos spell - so this is when you need to make sure you are using Rumi's Flask for max spell block and Vaal Grace for extra spell dodge. It would also help to carry a chaos resistance flask.

Another example is Palace Dominus I will take my topaz flask so that it gives me evasion against his attacks (in case I can't avoid the smash) while giving me more lightning resistance for his spells.

On the non-legacy tree version you need to take the flask nodes by Witch to get to max spell block - this will increase the buffs you receive from your flasks (including +max res going from +10% to +13% from the flask).

I stopped leveling my character at 93 a while ago, but if I was to ever level up to 100 I would use this quad-defense version hands down. This is the strongest version of my lightning strike I have played.

Legacy Saffell?
- You would only use this if you want to get to max spell block without taking the flask nodes by witch. See my block calculator on page 159 - you can use it to calculate how much spell block you will get with taking Acro and your gear.
- As you can see there are many combinations of the gear and flask nodes you can try to get to your desired spell block level while still taking Acro.

How is this different from my main lightning strike build?
- We are now adding more max resistances, dodge, spell dodge, and permanent immortal call.
- We lose regular block (still have max spell block), and also lose some damage.

Let me know if this is clear, if not I can make a more detailed write-up/video explaining this full quad-defense build and how I play it. Given how close Act 4 is coming though it might make sense to wait until after the big patch to see how it effects the build and new skills to use.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Apr 7, 2015, 7:03:49 PM
Spoiler

forgot whirling blades, but Ive some room...
so far its fun :)

but I doubt that anything gets nerfed, its at the slower end regarding clear speed
Last edited by Ceratoidei on Apr 8, 2015, 3:12:41 AM
"
Ceratoidei wrote:
Spoiler

forgot whirling blades, but Ive some room...
so far its fun :)

but I doubt that anything gets nerfed, its at the slower end regarding clear speed

With Abyssus your damage should be pretty high. You are missing key gem: WED. Also you dont need both Inc. Crit Chance and PCOC. You may want to swap for Faster Attacks.
As explained I need the crit chance as otherwise acuity is worthless ;)
and wed guves 25% more dps than inc acc, but as I want to leech reliable, I prefer a bit less dps
"
Ceratoidei wrote:
As explained I need the crit chance as otherwise acuity is worthless ;)
and wed guves 25% more dps than inc acc, but as I want to leech reliable, I prefer a bit less dps

Well you do not need Acuity with the quad-defense version since you cannot maintain power charges. I am no longer using my Acuities.

Lightning Strike is not the best skill for AOE clearing so if you want to clear faster you either need 100% pierce on Lightning Strike (i.e. use Projectile Weakness curse), or you have to play a different build. It is just not meant for fast AOE clearing.

This is price you pay for being able to use the only melee skill with in-built easy shocks, hybrid range, and one of the best single targets in the game.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Apr 8, 2015, 7:18:16 PM
I'm at 75k dps and 86% crit with 4k life... I've the feeling acuity is a good choice, as it's gives another defense

Yeah I'm ok with the clear speed, but if the crit base of daggers gets nerfed, I'm not sure if it's still the case
Hey there, i have a question regarding weapons. I have the option to either use this
or a perfect Bino's. Im a noob with things like this and i would like to ask you on your opinion on this matter.
Also im having a total blast with this build, thanks for sharing.
@Flaskmacro
Binos = more crit, more consistent gameplay

just thinking about a Vigliant Strike Build with a similiar set up or just Recknoning + Frotify... some crit of jewels could maybe equal the lower crit base of daggers (not confirmed yet) and let us be even tankier ^^
Last edited by Ceratoidei on Apr 16, 2015, 10:05:48 AM
You might be able to sustain Vigilant Strike as your main attack with the quad-defense build. But will have to make some changes to the build to make it work consistently.

Pretty insane considering that it has 165% base and 100% chance to hit. Free Fortify too.

Unfortunately I doubt anyone will be able to test this until after closed beta.
R.I.P. Ondar's Guile you sexy thing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info