鬼殺し wrote:
"
starsg wrote:
camping here.

Laid back camping? :)

___

$550USD.

Worth every cent.

Anyone want the OSTs? You can't get it any other way than via these ridiculously expensive BDs.

wohh...
1+2

Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
Last edited by starsg on Apr 4, 2018, 1:34:35 AM
I don't think i'll ever spend even close to that much on a specific anime again, the closest for me wasn't even a box set, it was DVD's with 3/4 episodes a piece and that was for the original FMA at 12 DVD's for the series and £20 per DVD, that was the main reason i stayed away from brotherhood for years (i was salty that i wasted that much on a series that just wasn't good in my eyes), in comparison the box set for FMA brotherhood cost me £40
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Probably the only set in Australia, given it has no subs and you can watch it at lower quality on netflix with subs...

:(

Self-impost EXILED.
Last edited by starsg on Apr 4, 2018, 6:41:32 AM
I watched the first episode Megalo Box just now. Seems really interesting, a mix of sports and sci-fi in a rather old-ish animation style. Reminds of what little of the visuals I've seen from cowboy bebop (yes, I'm guilty of not having seen that one. I'm sorry, I will change it one day). So far it looks badass, sounds badass and feels badass. I think I'll continue watching it. Feels nostalgic for some reason.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
oh crap, Tokyo Ghoul:Re looks weird..

:(
Self-impost EXILED.
Last edited by starsg on Apr 7, 2018, 10:27:06 AM
First episode of Hinamatsuri looks fun. Slice of life/Comedy with slight fantasy. A yakuza member as a main character who has to take care of a girl with telekinetic abilities? It's hilarious! I will keep watching this one.

Tokyo Ghoul: Re was pretty much what I expected it to be. I think they crammed 3 or so chapters into that one first episode, but I feel like that was needed as an introduction. However, to truly understand what's going on, you have to read the manga ending for Tokyo Ghoul. The anime ending is vastly different and makes it REALLY hard for Tokyo Ghoul: Re to connect properly.
Huh, I might give Umamusume a shot then. Oh and I will also have a look at Persona 5, since I heard EVERYWHERE that the game (the story in particular) was amazing.
And I'm still trying to watch some series I skipped... god the schedule is about to burst.
"
FCK42 wrote:

Tokyo Ghoul: Re was pretty much what I expected it to be. I think they crammed 3 or so chapters into that one first episode, but I feel like that was needed as an introduction. However, to truly understand what's going on, you have to read the manga ending for Tokyo Ghoul. The anime ending is vastly different and makes it REALLY hard for Tokyo Ghoul: Re to connect properly.

no, i meant the drawing art look/feel different than it used to be. Currently feel immature.
It used to be a bit "darker-side".
Self-impost EXILED.
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Megalobox is about as 90s as it gets and I can't wait for me.

LOGH is basically Romance of the Three Kingdoms in Space. Epic sausagefest with great seiyuu, very palatable CG battles and poor old Aya Endo as the Token Female.

Lupin III Part 5 is an incredibly ballsy update. The way it embraces 2018 is really admirable. Also, Sawashiro Miyuki as Fujiko! Yamadera Kouichi as Zenigata! More please.

My Hero Recapamia...well, that was...a start...I GUESS!

Hinamatsuri was on my radar but that summary sells me and likely will sell the GF too.

Souten No Ken is dead in the water. Even my crazy Hokuto nut friend in Tokyo was gutted. They fucked up the frame rate apparently, and the design is just wrong on all levels.

Megalobox, Lupin and Hinamatsuri are nice.

Self-impost EXILED.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Uma ep 3 confirmed we'll be watching this one every week.

Thought the same. Seems like a really fun show and I also really like the opening.

"
鬼殺し wrote:
DarliFra was about as original as ever. Are there any cliches left for that show to hit?

Let me think... transfer student, bumping into other people because of running too fast around a corner, enemy turns out to be humanity in some changed way (might still happen), third impact ripoff damnit, we had that one, power of friendship deus ex machina crap, that one aswell...
Nope, can't really find a lot that still fits in that setting. We pretty much got em all covered. Or wait, we're still missing the good old "MC seems dead, other characters go berserk or break down crying only to reveal that the MC is still fine after all", though we almost had that one aswell.
At this time I'll just keep watching only to see how ridiculous it can get. Oh, and action. If we get two or three more fights like the first two where Zero-Two and Hiro fought together, then it was worth all the crap. Simply because action. I don't think I can ask more of this one at this point.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info