:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

"
Nightmare90 wrote:
"
solwitch wrote:
Currently watching Fullmetal alchemist, my mind is blown.

The first or the second series?

I watched the first and it blasted me away with it's awesome writing.
Started the second series but it just felt not the same.
It was more complete and got more of the manga but the writing really suffered under it, imho.

I do not know, I felt Brotherhood had everything I wanted in a shounen series, and it actually made it worthwhile for me to watch. The first series on the other hand, felt like the plot was heading to another direction. Also, what really pet peeved me that it didn't have an ending. It really took a lot of points out of it from my book.

In fact, Brotherhood was one of the few anime series that I rated on a 10/10. I felt it was perfect from my view.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Aug 24, 2013, 2:00:59 PM
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
"
solwitch wrote:
Currently watching Fullmetal alchemist, my mind is blown.

The first or the second series?

I watched the first and it blasted me away with it's awesome writing.
Started the second series but it just felt not the same.
It was more complete and got more of the manga but the writing really suffered under it, imho.

I do not know, I felt Brotherhood had everything I wanted in a shounen series, and it actually made it worthwhile for me to watch. The first series on the other hand, felt like the plot was heading to another direction. Also, what really pet peeved me that it didn't have an ending. It really took a lot of points out of it from my book.

In fact, Brotherhood was one of the few anime series that I rated on a 10/10. I felt it was perfect from my view.

I shed a tear in envy's last scene :(
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Just finished the second season, I was like this after finishing the whole season...

Spoiler

More dramatic than a Spanish soap operas lol.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Aug 24, 2013, 4:27:23 PM
What do you guys think about C-control?
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness.
May those who defy their fate be granted glory."

Edel
"
Alexdaemon wrote:
What do you guys think about C-control?

A decent anime show that kept me interested throughout the whole way, but at the same time made me wonder why I watched it? The idea was there for the plot, but it was not executed well, so the ending was meh.

I did watch the series back when it airing, so I head into it not knowing what was going to happen.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Aug 25, 2013, 2:48:13 AM
Free anime besides netflix?

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"
solwitch wrote:
Free anime besides netflix?

I watch all mine on nwanime.com, don't think they have a lot of dubbed anime though, if that's your thing.

How are people liking the newer series that have been airing?

Shingeki no kyojin is shaping up to make it on my 'faves' list. I like WATAMOTE as well, although sometimes it's almost too awkward to watch, lol.

I recently finished up Mawaru Penguindrum. I really enjoyed it, except the fact that they had to put the 'Survival Strategy!' scenes in every episode.

Spoiler
Tyvm... I don't mind. I prefer native language as long as I can read; more dramatic and fitting. I can't stand yellow text though, lol.

The only anime i recommend in english dub is death note. Best english voice acting ive heard in an anime.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness.
May those who defy their fate be granted glory."

Edel
Also wanted to mention Blood Lad, but forgot about it. Very funny anime so far, love how the main character is a demon otaku, and tries using kamehameha during one of his fights, lol.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info