:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

I'm currently trying to catch up with some series, since I fell behind with a few.
Just now I watched Alice to Zoroku episode 9 and holy crap, I fear the moment when that one person actually snaps instead of making weirdly funny over the top revenge plans...
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
We're doing Ajin on Netflix until Unlimited Budget Works arrives on bluray. It's...brutal. I'm not a huge fan of the cel-shaded style but it does allow for very subtle, fluid animation.

Interestingly clear-cut protagonist too. Pegged him as a true psychopath very early on, confirmed not far into it. Related to that animation style, when you've chosen a method that shows people giving off realistic little shrugs and twitches, a character who does neither really stands out.

I really liked Ajin. Interesting characters that are both different from the usual ones, yet still surprisingly realistic to some degree. The animation didn't bother me at all, I think if anything, it helped the series, especially in the action heavy scenes where the "ghosts" were involved.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I'm less sensitive to it than the GF. She's really not a fan of that style outside of games. Makes it seem cheap to her. She really couldn't stand harmony, for example.

If only they could make an anime in the same way as ARC made Guilty Gear Xrd. That'd be pretty amazing. It was cel-shaded but in a way that never once seemed flat or lazy.

Never heard of that one... I guess I'll put it on my list.
Speaking of 3D animation and cheap... I still have to watch kemono friends. Apparently it was surprisingly good. Sigh. Yet another entry on my list.
Started watching Magi to fill the time, i heard it's supposed to be good.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Started watching Magi to fill the time, i heard it's supposed to be good.

Only watched a bit of it so far, I'll be keeping it for when I'm really bored of everything. I have those moments from time to time.
Finished the 2nd season of Ushio to Tora yesterday, it was intense. Ending was... overwhelming, in more ways than one.
I want something psychological/fantasy now, and since another season will be coming out in summer, I now have an excuse to watch Hell Girl. I hope it's what I'm looking for.

Speaking of upcoming shows in summer...
Uh boy is there a lot of em. I took a look at what's coming our way and I almost drowned in my own drool... so many manga I read recently are getting adaptations (example: made in abyss, tsuretsure children (don't judge me, I'm a guy and like romance anime, got a problem with that?)), films are coming out for series for which I lost all hope of ever hearing news about em (example: NGNL zero, Eureka seven, seitokai yakuindomo), also my hero academia apparently has 24 episodes so that is nice, and THERE'S SO MUCH MORE STUFF I'M EXCITED ABOUT ERMAHGERD I CANNOT EVEN!!!
Ushio to tora was slick.

Chained both seasons when i started it and they were pretty damn good. Solid build up, nice characters and great story.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I just finished watching the last episode of little witch academia and I have to say: THAT LAST EPISODE IS SO FUCKING EPIC I CANNOT EVEN!!!
I mean, that was to be expected from studio trigger and all, but still. They delivered once again. 9.5/10 overall show for me (a few episodes in the first half felt a little bit out of place for me, but it was still an incredibly good show).
An interesting fan theory I came across
What if little witch academia is actually a prequel to gurren lagann? If you assume that what is called magic in little witch academia is actually the spiral power from gurren lagann, it could very well be possible. Even more so since we know that machines powered by magic (for example huge mechs) are working almost exactly like the spiral power using ones in gurren lagann. In turn, that would mean that constanze and croix were the ones that researched the possibilities of spiral power/magic powered machines, which then eventually leads to the huge mechs in gurren lagann...
That really makes you think... damnit, trigger, you did it again!
"
FCK42 wrote:
I just finished watching the last episode of little witch academia and I have to say: THAT LAST EPISODE IS SO FUCKING EPIC I CANNOT EVEN!!!
I mean, that was to be expected from studio trigger and all, but still. They delivered once again. 9.5/10 overall show for me (a few episodes in the first half felt a little bit out of place for me, but it was still an incredibly good show).
An interesting fan theory I came across
What if little witch academia is actually a prequel to gurren lagann? If you assume that what is called magic in little witch academia is actually the spiral power from gurren lagann, it could very well be possible. Even more so since we know that machines powered by magic (for example huge mechs) are working almost exactly like the spiral power using ones in gurren lagann. In turn, that would mean that constanze and croix were the ones that researched the possibilities of spiral power/magic powered machines, which then eventually leads to the huge mechs in gurren lagann...
That really makes you think... damnit, trigger, you did it again!

i've still to watch past ep 20, maybe do that at the weekend since the season is winding down for the next lot
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
TRIGGER SAVES ANIME ONCE AGAIN!!!!

Wow, now that was an epic ending. No better way to finish off then being even more epic. Throughout the whole way with final battle, this was pretty much in my head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V7aUT13qtM

and yes I do believe in magic. ;)

Spoiler
I lol when the shiny rod somehow becomes like the little dipper in space. These epic battles always involve with going to space. It started with TTGL, continued onto Kill La Kill, and Little Witch Academia carried the TRIGGER torch. Episode 18 made the obvious connection, but the series did show some subtle signs that TRIGGER will SAVE ANIME!

Wish MAL also gave decimal score since 9/10 feels a bit too criminal, but 10/10 makes it feel a bit overrated. 9.5/10 feel right. :)

This series is definitely going to be on my 2017 anime of the year nomination along with S6 Natsume Yuujinchou, which happens to be my favorite season of the series.

Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Jun 27, 2017, 2:20:06 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Oh, and I'm slowly digging into Bakemonogatari, which is basically Kare Kano by way of Mushishi.

I found it to be somewhat similar to xxxHolic, in a sense. But yeah, it's an amazing series. Still waiting for the third movie though.

"
鬼殺し wrote:
But if you're saying swap My Hero Academia for Little Witch, we can definitely do that.

Huh, difficult one. If you really like the works of studio Trigger or Gainax (e.g. kill la kill, Gurren Lagann) then do it. It's both similar and different. You should watch the ova to see if you like it, it's not really related to the actual tv show, but gives you a hint of how it is. It's only 20 minutes, so you won't waste too much time.
That said, they're both great series. It all comes down to personal preference here, if you prefer super powers or magic.

On an unrelated note, I just finished "Zero kara Hajimero Mahou no Sho" and "Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka?" (I'm pretty sure that's the anime with the longest title of all of those I watched). I should've watched them the other way round though. Too many feels now. Even though I KNEW it was coming. Sigh. That's that then.

Edit: I really could use something light-hearted now. I'll look for something... or finish nichijou.
Last edited by FCK42 on Jun 27, 2017, 7:40:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info