:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

cells at work was a little too high strung for me. I dropped it after watching two episodes back then^^

But i ddid get my hook on the latest hibike! movie. So beauty, such grace, such perfect prologue for a third season.
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
"
tsunamikun wrote:
cells at work was a little too high strung for me. I dropped it after watching two episodes back then^^

But i ddid get my hook on the latest hibike! movie. So beauty, such grace, such perfect prologue for a third season.

I went from, psychology to law now coincidentally taking molecular biology. Its was funny when I hear terms I learned...
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Despite the necessarily jumpy pacing, looks like Blade of the Immortal is going to stick the landing. They've reserved two episodes for the final volume. I'm not expecting a sakuga event but honestly the animation has been fine and consistent so far. They set their own standard very early (as this director does) and haven't deviated from it. I appreciate that.
Predecessor! Paragon is BACK.
Finished Dragons Dogma 2 at 327 hours, 9 playthroughs. Loved every minute.
Holy shit, Assassins Creed ARPG trilogy isnt shit. 3D titan quest with better writing?
Dungeon Encounters is brilliant. Square Enix should stop banking on bloatjunk like ffxvi and ff7r.
I haven't seen blade of the immortal yet (though I was planning on doing that...), but it definitely sounded promising. The series that I AM actively watching are doing quite well though:

ID invaded is one I didn't expect to like anywhere near as much as I do, but it's a really good mystery imo (either that or my standarts for mystery anime are too low).

Railgun 3 is doing a FAR better job than Index 3 did, good story, solid animation and our usual quirky cast... unfortunately it's getting delayed, but considering the quality of the series that's well worth the wait.

Bofuri is yet another one I didn't expect to like, but do. Kinda hard to describe, but somehow reminds me a bit of konosuba (does that make sense? Eh, whatever, to me it does).

Madoka Magica Magia Record is doing... ok I guess. Not as good as the original, but that might just be nostalgia speaking. Still enjoyable, especially if you've seen the original. Really makes wonder about the world they live in, in regards to the rules of the world and all that. Quite a lot of questions still unanswered.

Eizouken is just a blast. Best of season imo. Fantastic animation, great characters, awesome soundtrack... yeah, nothing to complain about on this one to me.

I also managed to get a ticket for a Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel triple feature in late june. I'm really looking forward to it, it's gonna be awesome (if a certain virus has decided to stop spreading by then that is).

Speaking of things I'm looking forward to... I recently (not refering to the past 4 seconds) saw a preview for an upcomind anime Deca Dence. If the visual quality of that trailer really does represent the average of the show then that alone would make it worth watching imo. But it also appears to have a fairly unique setting and is being made by the studio that did Youjo Seki... sadly no release date yet. Still, I'm hyped.

Edit: The fucking WHAT IS WITH THAT STAFF LIST??? Yeah, I'm definitely gonna keep looking for info on that one. There have to be SERIOUS fuck ups to happen for that to be a bad series.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Last edited by FCK42 on Mar 14, 2020, 8:27:03 AM
Just so I get that right about the lates episode of Fate/Babylonia...
Some fairly hefty spoiler stuff here
Caster Gil, that absolute madlad just straight up SUMMONED HIS YOUNGER SELF AS A SERVANT IN HIS LAST MOMENTS, which then proceeds to ABSOLUTELY ANNIHILATE Beast by basically recreating the forces of the creation of the universe and directing that energy to her? What a guy. Just how much more ridiculous can Caster Gil become at this point?
That episode definitely cemented Caster Gil's number 1 spot on my list of favourite Fate characters.
I've yet to watch the latest FGO or IR. We watch those two together first thing on Sunday and right now we're close to nocturnal due to my self-quarantine so the GF is still in bed. No bigs.

Well, FCK42, we know all about Kaeru-chan in ID now. Should be interesting to see how this plays out.

I rarely talk about the show, but Boku No Hero Academia's latest little arc has been held up 100% by the Yamadera/Horie duo as guest 'villains' Gentle and La Brava. It's been a joy to hear those two veterans show the locals how it's done, but this latest episode was just incredible. Gentle's backstory is nothing new but it still broke my heart. I'm not often a sucker for the mid-battle flashback to flesh out villains move, but in this case we knew that he was just a TERRIBLE criminal. Finding out why killed me. How many times have we been in a similar situation? You just mean well, and...

RikeKoi ended nicely. It was never going to be Kaguya-sama but I think, like Bokuben vs QuinQuin, it earned its place.

Bofuri shouldn't work but it does. Awesome to hear Ishida and Canna as support players. I think it might be Silver Link's best work to date.

OshiBudo and Runway remain our 'Kono Oto' shows of the season.

Beastars and High Score Girl II hit netflix the other day. No doubt we'll get to those soon.

edit: Oh, yeah. I'd forgotten Casgil did that. :)
Holy shit, Assassins Creed ARPG trilogy isnt shit. 3D titan quest with better writing?
Dungeon Encounters is brilliant. Square Enix should stop banking on bloatjunk like ffxvi and ff7r.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Mar 14, 2020, 11:49:56 PM
"
Oh, yeah. I'd forgotten Casgil did that. :)

That... doesn't strike me as something that's easily forgotten. Then again, the whole episode was just amazing (and I guess the game was the same at that part).

...now I really want to see a special where we can see the interaction between Archer and Caster. I'm pretty sure it'd be hilarious.
It's been a long time since I played the Babylonia singularity and a LOT has happened to Chaldea since.
Found this video... Happy I did.

https://youtu.be/GKyXMKISgC8

"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
I had a little look through the Made in Abyss: Dawn of the deep soul OST earlier... I just absolutely love the fact that Penkin used one of the translator's jokes from the manga as a song title. Once again, he did some absolutely fantastic work with the soundtrack. I just hope that I'll get the chance to see that movie in a cinema. I'm so damn excited for anything Made in Abyss, really. I guess at this point's it's just straight up morbid curiosity... how much more terrifying than the manga can they make the anime?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info