:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

Tower of god is more like hunter x hunter, no battle royal, except in some parts of story where it was part of examinations. They even have their class system, which further makes parallels obvious. But it kept its identity separated from hxh that I wouldn't even think of comparing it to hxh unless I had to find something simmilar, just like now.

Lots of tactical fights in there, which as i say, remind a lot of hxh exam arc, at least at the beginning.

Only difference that each floor in tower is world for itself, so entire world of ToG is actually many worlds joined in one place.
Spreading salt since 2006
Last edited by Necromael on Mar 2, 2020, 8:02:19 AM
"
tsunamikun wrote:
The new railgun continues to be good fyi :) Unfortunately the studio seems to have problems with the release times due to the frikkin virus so we lost already two weeks grrmrmrgrmgl. But hey, at least when they deliver, the quality is top.
Accelerator series suffered from poor writing but hey, the action was very good.

dorohedoro was always slated to be good. Even the CGI is good enough to not cringe every time they move. Still dorohedoro is also a very long series. So let's see if they keep to the source faithfully.
I also heard about the hype around tower of god. But it sounds like a battle royal which mostly means teenage angst fest. I will give it a spin but i don't expect that much.

On the weekend i managed to finally watch promare. That movie may not have a story or any sort of characterization but god damn it looks sweet and the animation was godtier. And it has robots! and a giant drill!

Yeah, Railgun 3 is awesome so far. Accelerator was ok, though somehow the character design felt slightly off and, as you mentioned, the writing wasn't the best. Eh, still far better than Index 3.

I watched the first episode of Dorohedoro a while back... not really for me, that one. I might give it another shot some other time.

So what you're saying is that promare is as studio trigger as it gets? Sounds fine to me! I hope I can see it sometime soon aswell.

Every time I see an episode of Eizouken, I can't help but think about how much fun the voice actors must've had with those sound effects. Absolutely brilliant show. If you aren't already watching it, I highly recommend that you do.

When it comes to series or movies that I'm looking forward to, there's quite a few... there's the third Made in Abyss movie that will cover the arc around the lord of dawn himself (one of the most horrifying villains I've ever came across in anime/manga), then we have upcoming P.A. Works original Appare Ranman (which I'm quite hyped for despite usually not liking historical shows) and further down the road we have Mushoku Tensei (yes, yes, I know, yet another isekai and it's from a completely new studio. But with the source material being as good as it is and going by the animation quality shown in the teaser, this one has a TON of potential to be a great show) and Deca Dence (Other than a short preview, the fact that it'll be an anime original and that it's from the same studio that made Youjo Senki, I can't say much about this one).

There's some good stuff coming our way.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
Necromael wrote:

Also, for those following nonjapanese stuff, Tower of god by siu will get japanese anime adaptation, it has its own specific visual identity and people are guessing that anime drawing style might change over the course of episodes, just like original webcomic author got better over the span of years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDBzWhfN3hI

Its rather a short trailer, and its coming out in a month, but I will watch regardless, knowing that it has material for some 200+ episodes, as I'm reading the comic for years now too.

Danm. I've been also following ToG for years and now it finally gets its own adaptation. Cheers!

(⌐■_■)
"
FCK42 wrote:
Yeah, Railgun 3 is awesome so far. Accelerator was ok, though somehow the character design felt slightly off and, as you mentioned, the writing wasn't the best. Eh, still far better than Index 3.

I watched the first episode of Dorohedoro a while back... not really for me, that one. I might give it another shot some other time.

It felt like they didn't really had an outline for that character and just took the first idea to mesh up a story. Not the first I seen something like this^^

And dorohedoro is an acquired taste^^ And now, seeing it in anime exceptionally bloody too, oh well.

i thought about eizouken in the first two minutes of promare. Specifically mizusakis obsession with animation. I was like, yeah these guy get what you mean :)

And appare ranman is also on my watch list. The trailers looks awesome and the synopsis reads good. I'll also give trigger another chance with BNA after the fuckup that was darling in the franxx^^

The shirobako movie would be nice too.... and Made in abyss is also a must see, i just hope a cinema here will show it. If not, season 3 will come before i can get to see it :(
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
Last edited by tsunamikun on Mar 3, 2020, 6:29:12 AM
Not an avid anime watcher, but if we are talking about japanese cartoons specifically (since I like cartoons in general), then I have watched:

1) One punch man (highly recommend)
2) Mob psycho (highly recommend)
3) Most of the movies by Miyazaki (every single one I have seen is a masterpiece)
4) Ghost in the shell anime movie (can't say I really enjoyed it, but visually it is incredible)
5) Samurai Champloo (also really good)

Since we are on the subject of anime, Sirrus is totally inspired by Lord Boros from One punch man. Ofc I am not fully serious, but just look at these similarities:

1) Both got too powerful for their own good
2) Both decided to deal with their boredom through mass genocide
3) Both sit on a throne when first confronted by the main protagonist
4) Both are so powerful, only the main hero out of the entire world can possibly beat them
5) Both get stronger as the fight progresses
6) Both like using beam attacks
7) Both start to finally fully enjoy the thrill of a challenging battle right before getting destroyed
Last edited by MECHanokl on Mar 7, 2020, 11:11:39 AM
"
MECHanokl wrote:
Since we are on the subject of anime, Sirrus is totally inspired by Lord Boros from One punch man. Ofc I am not fully serious, but just look at these similarities:

1) Both got too powerful for their own good
2) Both decided to deal with their boredom through mass genocide
3) Both sit on a throne when first confronted by the main protagonist
4) Both are so powerful, only the main hero out of the entire world can possibly beat them
5) Both get stronger as the fight progresses
6) Both like using beam attacks
7) Both start to finally fully enjoy the thrill of a challenging battle right before getting destroyed

The interesting thing here is that Saitama himself could end up the same as Boros (or Sirus for that matter). He is the single most powerful entity in that universe. He too seeks the thrill of an actual fight, but will likely never find it. He could've ended Boros with a single punch, but only killed him once he threatened the planet. Why? Because he UNDERSTANDS what Boros was talking about. He wanted to grant him the one and only wish he had, a actual fight against an opponent that could could be a threat to him.

As far as we know, currently there is nothing but his mental fortitude and morals that prevents Saitama from going down the same route.
"
FCK42 wrote:

The interesting thing here is that Saitama himself could end up the same as Boros (or Sirus for that matter). He is the single most powerful entity in that universe. He too seeks the thrill of an actual fight, but will likely never find it. He could've ended Boros with a single punch, but only killed him once he threatened the planet. Why? Because he UNDERSTANDS what Boros was talking about. He wanted to grant him the one and only wish he had, a actual fight against an opponent that could could be a threat to him.

As far as we know, currently there is nothing but his mental fortitude and morals that prevents Saitama from going down the same route.

This is what makes it interesting. Boros in a way is a foil to Saitama, and so is Garou (current ongoing villain in the anime and manga). In fact, ONE loves to do this a lot, Mob Psycho has A LOT of characters that represent what Mob could be if he took a different path in using his powers.
"
MECHanokl wrote:
"
FCK42 wrote:

This is what makes it interesting. Boros in a way is a foil to Saitama, and so is Garou (current ongoing villain in the anime and manga). In fact, ONE loves to do this a lot, Mob Psycho has A LOT of characters that represent what Mob could be if he took a different path in using his powers.

True, Mogami immediately comes to mind. The recent developments regarding Garou have been particularly interesting, as he might actually turn out similar to Saitama's power in the end.
I’ll have a Fate/night on the rocks please... Lord I’m so mentally exhausted, so you know I’m not a very religious person, agnostic at best. Little prayer, told myself give me a sign... Hold and behold going through all the anime collection I’ve learned about because of you wonderful people... A title appeared. “Cells at Work."

If this Anime is not a sign or coincidence I don’t know what to else to say; perhaps nothing. Was this Anime intentionally appearing out of mass hysteria? I’m not sure, but I know one thing... It is super hilarious.

"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Mar 10, 2020, 4:40:32 PM
Regarding Fate/Stay Night... I'll have the chance to see the entire heaven's feel trilogy on the big screen in June. I better Pre-order that ticket ASAP or it'll be sold out... like part two was last year. Not gonna make that mistake again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info