:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

I don't get the specific hate towards the twins as "characters".

They are designed to be pricks right? Ill tempered and obnoxious for apparently no other reason then that they can.

I'm failing to see whats wrong with that, i'm pretty sure they didn't set out to make them two lovable characters...

About tsurune itself, i thought the animation was solid but the character development left a lot to be desired which also fucked up the pacing as a result of it.

On the other hand "drama" is only part of it and higher character development would have surely pushed it specifically into drama teritory.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : after re-reading, i suppose my point is the twins are designed correctly if you can't stand them? Which makes it sort of a weird point to bring up.

"i did not like the dislikable characters"
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Jan 16, 2019, 9:52:30 AM
Prince is hilarious.

I still remember that episode where he goes "all out" and they end up tossing him in the air.

The entire track going "wuut up?"

I'm saving up some episodes of that one and then i'll do another binge watch of that show.

Going for the gamble chick and shield bro combo tonight, both are solid so far in my opinion.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
Prince is hilarious.

I still remember that episode where he goes "all out" and they end up tossing him in the air.

The entire track going "wuut up?"

I'm saving up some episodes of that one and then i'll do another binge watch of that show.

Going for the gamble chick and shield bro combo tonight, both are solid so far in my opinion.

Peace,

-Boem-

I'm calling it now, shield bro is likely going to be top of the season together with neverland and kaguya-sama.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
My wife and I checked out Run with the Wind, as we'd just finished all available episodes of Tsurune. We've only watched the first two episodes, so it's a bit early to say. But, we like that show so far as well.

Tsurune spoiler material below:
Spoiler
It seems that one of the emerging themes or ideas in Tsurune is that team building still matters even in a sport as apparently driven by individual skill as archery. On that note, the twins' efforts to ridicule and undermine the Kazemai team help to highlight how their coach's decision to choose teammates solely on their shots will probably turn out to have been an error. The twins aren't just immature, they're also probably bad teammates. Chu doesn't seem to bring much to the table, either, in terms of how he helps others get better.

In contrast, quite a bit of screen time is spent on showing obstacles to Kazemai coming together as a team, and also to showing how they manage to do so nonetheless.

The focus on indirectly highlighting the failings of one team and the emergence of another leads to less attention on fully fleshing out individual characters, at least so far. My wife and I are fine with that and we enjoy the show nonetheless.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
I have to say, I'm probably enjoying Gotoubun no Hanayome a lot more than it deserves at this point. So far it seems nicely adapted, though the hair colour is probably a bit more pronounced than what was intended originally. Still, I like it. As mentioned, probably a bit too much.

Also, Miku best girl.
Today I watched the last episode of Tsurune. Even if you didn't like the series (I enjoyed it though), that last episode was amazing imo. Not a lot of dialogue, mostly monologue if anything, but simply beautiful animation. The soundtrack on top made it simultaneously intense, yet calm. I think it was incredible. That last episode was DEFINITELY worth watching.

Kaguya-sama was really fun today. I love that series... though it felt too damn short. Can't we get 45 minutes long episodes? :/
Oh thank god it's over. Good.

We have an interesting little power struggle going on this season.

Kaguya and Neverland by A-1/Cloverworks
Dororo and Kakegurui by MAPPA

I've just named four of the top upvoted shows this season on the anime reddit. Bones has Mob Psycho 100, Kinema Citrus has Tate, 8bit are still knocking it out of the park with Tensura, but they're one-offs. And don't forget that A-1 are still pumping out SAO:A, which might be maligned but the OPs and EDs have sat high on the charts for months now.

Managed to catch the first two eps of Dororo on Amazon Prime. Yeah, that's an amazing show already. Love MAPPA's new intro too. Screams 'we're doing so well we can afford to waste time and money on THIS!'

The problem with Kaguya is they've repeated the same introduction now. A good five minutes wasted. That's part of why it felt so short.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Jan 20, 2019, 5:33:49 PM
"
The problem with Kaguya is they've repeated the same introduction now. A good five minutes wasted. That's part of why it felt so short.

Yeah, I noticed that... that kinda sucks :/ Not much we can do about it though...

As for Dororo, I took a look at the (VERY old) manga... this is probably the best example of an adaptation improving the source material in every possible way that I've ever seen. The manga isn't exactly bad, but... it's rather far from being good. The artstyle and the atmosphere in it don't really go well together. Also, the pacing is pretty weird and the character interaction between the two protagonists feels off. They changed all of that for the better, by making the artstyle more realistic, increasing or reducing the amount of time spent at different places and by keeping the protagonist blind and deaf for now while introducing one of the supporting characters much earlier.
And I'm sure we both can agree that the result is AWESOME.
"
FCK42 wrote:
Today I watched the last episode of Tsurune. Even if you didn't like the series (I enjoyed it though), that last episode was amazing imo. Not a lot of dialogue, mostly monologue if anything, but simply beautiful animation. The soundtrack on top made it simultaneously intense, yet calm. I think it was incredible. That last episode was DEFINITELY worth watching.

Kaguya-sama was really fun today. I love that series... though it felt too damn short. Can't we get 45 minutes long episodes? :/
We also enjoyed the final episode of Tsurune quite a bit.

It was a feel-good ending, which could have been pretty cheesy. But, the way it ended was at least reasonably possible, even if not highly probable.

Hopefully Run with the Wind gets a bit more believable from episode six onward. The first five episodes have been quite promising in some ways. But, there's been a series of improbable events and character decisions that have made it less immersive and enjoyable than it could have been.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
"
FCK42 wrote:
"

Yeah, I noticed that... that kinda sucks :/ Not much we can do about it though...

As for Dororo, I took a look at the (VERY old) manga... this is probably the best example of an adaptation improving the source material in every possible way that I've ever seen. The manga isn't exactly bad, but... it's rather far from being good. The artstyle and the atmosphere in it don't really go well together. Also, the pacing is pretty weird and the character interaction between the two protagonists feels off. They changed all of that for the better, by making the artstyle more realistic, increasing or reducing the amount of time spent at different places and by keeping the protagonist blind and deaf for now while introducing one of the supporting characters much earlier.
And I'm sure we both can agree that the result is AWESOME.

You're too young sometimes. Tezuka did his thing and he was *way* ahead of his time.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info