:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

The first episode of Dororo left quite an impression. If it keeps going like it started, it will probably be among the top shows of the season. Interesting premise and so far rock-solid execution. I rarely take a liking to the more historical kind of series, but this one definitely got me interested.

Wait... charan, you haven't seen Mob Psycho 100 yet? What the??? HOW COULD YOU???? It was one of the best series of 2016 with absolutely amazing animations (though quite the unusual style), a really good story, fantastic soundtrack and incredibly good characters. I'll ask again: WHY?? HOW DID YOU MISS OUT ON THIS???
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Well... the question on base level was "how did you miss seasonal show x?" So the answer was "we didn't watch seasonal shows back then". Both seem fairly simple to me.

That aside... go and watch it. NOW.
Golden kamuy is amazing.

Started watching that gem two days ago and i'm already at the start of season 2.

Can't really describe it since that would involve highlighting the good things about it and well, it's just all good.
If you haven't, go check it out.

Some amazing new anime this season, gonna be a good one.

Charan late on the mob train, what a snowflake :p

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
All i can say after that season one.

Charan stop eating poop '-.-

Spoiler
That was a briliant move, the animations and comedy placement in an otherwise quite heavy show.

I also watched that otoko anime recently, a seriously good show.

I imagine that show was a hard sale in japan though, i assume the culture doesn't think kindly of gay's but i would be happy to be mistaken on that front.

I gotta ask, you speak the language right, some scenes appeared to have "sex" translated with "hugs", what's that all about?

Ignoring the comedy value of me imagining how carefull i gotta be the next time i ask somebody azian for a hug, it seemed off, like a sleight of hand to detract from what was actually happening.

Was that a good translation?

Peace,

-Boem-
Well i think i thought it was a hard sell because it's more straightforward then most bl anime i watched where the "bl" element is simply a byproduct of another event.

As far as the homosexual indiference heritage, i think that case can be made globally and i was aware of that.

Just wondering how the current stance on it was if the "gay/bl" element wasn't intertwined with some other event.

Admitedly i have not watched or specifically went out of my way for bl anime so my sample size might just be poor.

But to move past that, the show itself had solid animation, character development and was damn good writing. Good story flow all around in my opinion, which i apreciate a lot.

Peace,

-Boem-
Thanks for reminding me to watch Neverland!
My opinions on the first episode of it (contains spoilers)
Really though, I'm being serious here. SPOILERS!!
I have to say, it gave me some SERIOUS Shinsekai Yori vibes at the beginning. It all just seemed... TOO perfect. It was unsettling to the utmost degree for me. That feeling somehow left when the monsters were shown and when (what I think are) two of our MCs heard the truth about the "Orphanage" and the reason they're even alive.

Fear of the unknown usually just seems a lot more powerful to me. Once you know what it is you're supposed to fear, you can pinpoint the source and find solutions or ways to avoid it. I guess what I want to say is that they should've kept the (I guess) antagonist hidden a bit longer. I much prefer the unsettling kind of psychological horror to shock horror... which the monsters more or less were. I could get quite interesting with the "Mom" though. I'm looking forward to it... even though I'm usually not a horror fan at all.

Edit: I also watched the first episode of Gotoubun no Hanayome. I really enjoy the manga, so I was quite happy to see that it got an adaptation :D So far it followed the source material nicely. For anyone who enjoys a rom-com every now and then I'd definitely recommend it. Source material is really good and the adaptation seems solid. Let's hope it continues this way.
Last edited by FCK42 on Jan 10, 2019, 6:47:24 PM
Alright, after a proper round of torture for my braincells with SAO (seriously, how does this show manage every single episode to pull out even MORE plot armour and complete bullshit plot than in the last one?), I decided to give Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai a watch. I read a bit of the manga a while ago and it was quite decent. I have to say though, the adaptation just makes it SO much better. It was absolutely hilarious to see the two/three do their shenanigans. It uses the voices, camera and music to just further improve the concept. I think it's brilliant and an amazing adaptation. A good start in the comedy department for 2019.

PS: Yes, at this point I may or may not just watch SAO to have more points where I can attack it. But seriously, why do people like it so much? Even the meaningless side character that got killed (I guess? They never made it clear in the end...) today had more of a personality than both our main characters together. It just pisses me off how much of it's potential the show simply throws away. It could've been good, damnit! The animations are good and the soundtrack is ok, so why do characters and story suck SO MUCH? It doesn't make sense to me! /rant
Add Kaguya-sama to your weekly list. It's a comedy, and a pretty damn good one at that.

I was thinking of trying out girly air force aswell, it seemed somewhat interesting and REALLY colourful.
Damnit... Heaven's feel isn't shown anywhere on the event list of the cimema that had part 1 last year... since it comes to the US in march, that might be the same here, but there's no guarentee :/

There is a larger event going on in Hamburg from the 26th of january onwards, where they show a rather large number of different anime films (including heaven's feel 2), but it's always a bit of a pain to get there... I'm kinda torn now :/

Should I take the risk and wait? Or should I watch it in Hamburg? I honestly don't know T_T

Edit: I mean, I was somewhat aware of that already, but good LORD mondays are awesome this season: Tensura, Dororo and Mob 2? Yes please.
Last edited by FCK42 on Jan 14, 2019, 1:57:36 PM
One of the shows my wife and I have been enjoying a lot is Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu.

I wouldn't have expected it to be easy to make a very enjoyable anime focused on a high school archery team. In the end, though, we like the characters, the visuals, (most of) the dialogue, and the pacing. There's a mixture of drama and a sly sense of humor.

Much respect for the talent behind that series from over this way.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info