:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

"
GooberM wrote:
Also needed my dose of shitty sekai anime to watch with a friend and we ended up going with How Not to Summon a Demon Lord. Strangely enough, I enjoyed the fuck out of it.

Believe me, there's a huge difference between self-aware trashy isekai and trashy isekai that tries to be serious. Isekai Maou was definitely one of the former and nicely executed aswell. If you need some less trashy isekai, you should watch tensura, it's currently airing.

The latest episode of Emiya-san chi no kyou no gohan was once again brilliant. It feels good to see the characters having a good time intead of a life full of suffering. Berserker in particular was hilarious this time. I hope this series will continue... heck, make the episodes full 24 minutes long, we NEED that to happen!
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
I just caught up to "running with the wind" i think the translation is.

Keeps me entertained and i was literally laughing out loud with the latest episode and "prince" his performance.
The vibe really get's to you in those sport centered anime :-D

also been watching "black cat", which i assume is quite old but so far is solid, has a bit of the trigun vibe to it.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
FCK42 wrote:
"
GooberM wrote:
Also needed my dose of shitty sekai anime to watch with a friend and we ended up going with How Not to Summon a Demon Lord. Strangely enough, I enjoyed the fuck out of it.

Believe me, there's a huge difference between self-aware trashy isekai and trashy isekai that tries to be serious. Isekai Maou was definitely one of the former and nicely executed aswell. If you need some less trashy isekai, you should watch tensura, it's currently airing.

Oh that's the shorthand for the slime anime? Anyway, we're watching that one too. I personally don't like it as much.

I think Death March was the worst isekai I've tried that takes itself seriously.

On a sidenote, I enjoyed the living fuck out of In Another World With My Smartphone, even though it was absolutely horrible. I love my Steins;Gates, my Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuus and my Mushishis, but every now and then I just need another shitty isekai anime or a generic shity harem LN adaptation
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

"
鬼殺し wrote:
Other than Little Witch Academia and maybe Supernatural Battles, Trigger hasn't made a thing I'd consider both really well animated and well written.
What do you have against Space Patrol Luluco?
KLK is easily the best thing done by Trigger when it comes to writing and it's really not even close. The directing is also few levels above their other shows (because Imaishi is actually a competent director with his own style).
While animation was at times lacking due to obvious budget limitations, they still managed to turn it into a style/quirk of the show and not an objective flaw.
Overall it's their best work IMO, definitely the most unique and intriguing show that takes a lot of tropes and turns them into something innovative and fun. The characters are all unique and lovable, the humour is excellent. It has great pacing and is the best and most exciting show I have ever watched.

Besides KLK, you have Academia which looks gorgeous and is very pleasant although doesn't really do anything very interesting or fresh to make you glued to the screen, Luluco is pretty fun but not much more than a compilation joke of their previous stuff.

Other than that you don't really have much (as it's still a young studio), A generic light novel adaptation (inou battle, was it?), Kiznaiver which was garbage and some minor forgettable projects. Not sure if Trigger's involvement in DitF went further than designs and animation but IDK, this was also a huge disappointment.
I can't wait for Promare though, if there's anything great coming from them again it should be this.

Either way, Gridman is kinda weird, but I still think it's one of the better shows of the season. It has a pretty unique atmosphere, even all the dialogues feel fresh and not predictable unlike what most anime offers. I still have no idea where its going which is a huge plus IMO, the mecha fights are cool as hell and then you have the beloved designs of the girls. First few episodes were MotW which I know is not everyone's cup of tea and the musing is reaaaally lacking. The main character is so far really boring too, but the show has something that draws me into it. I think it's the only show I've watched this season that doesn't make me feel 'I have seen this before', and that's very important to me.

JoJo is so far kinda boring compared to previous parts but the characters are growing on me so maybe it can get more fun.
Last edited by Imaishi on Dec 5, 2018, 6:12:28 PM
The story of KLK in a nutshell? Girl wants to avenge her father only to find out that clothing tried to take over the universe the entire time.

That show was awesome. Though the plot went off-tracks really fast... only to then turne that off-rail plot train into a treehouse hotel and use the money gained by it to build a cruise ship. In other words, it had a twist or two. Or five. Or ten.

PS: Now that I think about it... what other trigger shows except kiznaiver and inou battle do NOT end in space?
Huh, NGE is finally getting out of licensing hell. That's definitely gonna create some buzz.

Tensura was once again awesome and felt way too short. It always does. I need more. I hope we get to see the fight against the orc lord soon... it's probably still a few eps away though. Sadly.
Kinda spoiler for Irozuku
I thought so from the beginning, but now I can now say for certain, this series is going to destroy me emotionally next week. At this point I don't see ANY way to make it have a truly happy ending. Bittersweet at best. Time to prepare for the feels train.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Actually I think Zombieland Saga might be AOTS but Tensura is so close they might as well just bunk together.

I really wonder where Zombieland Saga will go from here. Do you think Tae will get her own arc?
Wait, so according to myanimelist Zombieland Saga only has 12 episodes? That one today was the final one??? If that's the case, then... I'M SO NOT SATISFIED WITH THIS HOLY CRAP WE NEED MORE AND WE NEED IT RIGHT THIS INSTANT

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info