:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

"
Necromael wrote:
I see that tokyo ghoul re anime is universally hated. In terms of art, i read both mangas, and anime should have huge space to make visually nice moments.

But after reading so many negative reviews I ask is it better to skip a poorly made anime and remember the series by its manga?

The first season is pretty ok. The 2nd season is slightly worse and has a bullshit ending, but still watchable imo.
But it's all downhill from there. They skip SO much that nothing makes sense anymore. The 2nd season can't even properly connect to Re in the anime version because you-know-what straight up didn't happen.

TL;DR: The first season is ok, the 2nd maybe, the rest belongs in the trashcan.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Light Irozuku spoilers
They're starting to pull out some really powerful setup for future emotional annihilation: after-graduation plans and uncertainty. If this series has some sort of graduation episode in it then it will UTTERLY destroy me. Those always do, for some reason. The slight premonition I had of this series probably leaving me as a bawling wreck gets ever stronger with every week... I'm getting scared. But stopping to watch is not an option.

I noticed earlier today that I TOTALLY forgot to watch last week's index episode. And THAT reminded me that I still need to watch railgun S. Seems like I got something to do then.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
If you were as confused by the ending to this week's Goblin Slayer as we were, this shows you why. (Major spoilers, obviously). Basically, every streaming service was sent the wrong version of the ending. Seriously ruined an incredible moment.

Thanks for that. I was indeed quite confused... that bird deeply unsettled me, just blankly staring for over a minute... the fact that there weren't any credits AT ALL made it even weirder.
Fucking double post bug... that one's gotta be somewhere DEEP in the code if it isn't fixed yet...
Last edited by FCK42 on Nov 19, 2018, 9:04:30 AM
"
Night is Short Walk On Girl

I probably should get back to my movie spree someday soon and make this one a priority, while Tatami Galaxy is still more or less fresh in my mind.
____________________________________________________________________________________

- Self-proclaimed king of level 172 budget builds -
"Security token has expired. Please submit the form again."
____________________________________________________________________________________
Looking for animes similar to overlord and goblin slayer. I like dark high fantasy medieval settings. Any suggestions?
Uh that makes selection not big I think, since most of isekai arent quite as dark as overlord or goblin slayer.

Re:zero is for sure one that fits your criteria, and I reccomend it wholeheartedly.

If you want medieval and really dark stuff, can reccomend berserk. But the problem is, I didn't watch the anime itself, and many say its horrendous, but manga is superb.

Im sure others here will have more reccomendations, since anime is 20% of my brainpower. (other 80% being manga)
Spreading salt since 2006
Last edited by Necromael on Nov 19, 2018, 5:06:28 PM
"
Necromael wrote:
Uh that makes selection not big I think, since most of isekai arent quite as dark as overlord or goblin slayer.

Re:zero is for sure one that fits your criteria, and I reccomend it wholeheartedly.

If you want medieval and really dark stuff, can reccomend berserk. But the problem is, I didn't watch the anime itself, and many say its horrendous, but manga is superb.

Im sure others here will have more reccomendations, since anime is 20% of my brainpower. (other 80% being manga)

I'll try Re:zero. To be honest I didn't really find Beserk too interesting. It was ok. Guessing the older series are better than the new Beserk series?
"
Hornybull wrote:
"
Necromael wrote:

I'll try Re:zero. To be honest I didn't really find Beserk too interesting. It was ok. Guessing the older series are better than the new Beserk series?

From what I heard, read and saw (something you want to avoid at all costs), the old one is by far better, but neither does it's source material justice. While the old one is simply, well, old (and probably lacking in content, since most issues in adaptations stem from too much being cut), the new one has horrendous (by that I mean eye cancer inducing levels of HORRENDOUS) CGI. You can literally search in google images "bad cgi in anime" and on five out of the ten first entries you can see the new berserk. I wish I were kidding.

Dark fantasy... hmmm... probably not really what you're looking for in most of the cases but these are all I can think of right now:

Made in Abyss

Shinsekai Yori

Darker than black (yes, that IS the title)

Akame ga kill (not sure here, never seen it, but what I heard is dark enough)

Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau (hard to explain, try the first couple episodes and then decide)

Houseki no Kuni (similar to the last one. One of the very few examples of genuinely good - and I mean GOOOOOD - uses of CGI in anime)

Madoka Magica (watch until the end of episode 3 before you decide to drop it. trust me. if you watch it to the end, also go for the third move, "rebellion")

Fate franchise (I won't dive into this one too much, this post would explode otherwise. Just pick one of the two most common starting points, studio deen's stay night or fate/zero and then work your way through it. It's good, ask charan)

Katanagatari (This is a strange one. Lots of dialogue and character development, other than that quite difficult to explain. Watch the first episode and then decide)

Most of those are nowhere near as dark or fantasy as goblin slayer though, so I don't know if you will like them. I can definitely support the previous recommendation of RE:Zero. It's made by the same studio that does goblin slayer and also made Steins;Gate in the past.

Dark fantasy is not really something that sells all that well. Or at least, it didn't for a rather long time, people tend to prefer calming slice of life, usually mediocore battle harems or generic isekai series.

If I remember more, I will post em.
Happy Holidays everyone... I started this pub a little over 5 years ago... Look at all the wonderful stories to read; our Anime adventures. This forum is like my hidden cookie stash under the bed... ^.^
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info