:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

"
鬼殺し wrote:
Nah, FCK42 is that guy. But that's okay, I'm that guy with Hisomaso and Flying Witch and Irozuku and Mo Dao Zu Shi...we're all that guy. #JeSuisThatGuy

Water cooler discussions about GoT and Walking Dead and whatnot were okay but, and I'm going to sound like a dick here, they really did get too mainstream, too exposed to a fanbase used to getting their way. Hence the ridiculous extension of some characters' screentime well beyond their utility, resulting in stale writing and unbelievable scenarios. That's all a result of the water cooler culture I think, because honestly the water cooler culture is only a tiny, weeny step up from soap opera gossip.

Speaking of Mo Dao, I've talked it over with the GF and we want to watch it. Screw legal streaming. If the animation won't come to Mohammed, we'll move the...well, you get my point. Dailymotion looks like the go for subbed. Any better recommendations?

i used masterani.me for it, just find a host that wont lag and it has 720p , 1080p options

or you can dl it, but i dont know if i'm allowed to post links to such sites here, but lets say it has something to do with "nyaa"
Spreading salt since 2006
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
Anybody watching jojo meets streat fighter also known as baki?

I got really into it a week ago or so and now it's always a blast to watch.

There was also this show "grandmaster of demonic cultivation" that i was following. The story is ok, nothing special, but the animation on some scenes is amazing.

Goblin keeps being solid and slime is a solidly paced show, so it keeps me wanting more.

Peace,

-Boem-

I actually watched Baki the Grappler in a streaming site back in 2007 and I really liked the series since it was unique in its own ways. I was watching it around the same time with Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple. Two fighting series from different eras (considering the manga of Baki dates back to the 90s).

I still have not watched Baki 2018, but is it an actual sequel to the anime (There was two cours of 24 eps each), or is it a remake since it has been such a long time since Baki got adapted to anime?

Latest baki is indeed a sequel. And i think it goes with the plot right after the tournament in which baki fought vs his brother.

Although, by the number of episodes, it seems not everything will be animated, and there is lots and lots chapters of manga left to animate.
Spreading salt since 2006
"
鬼殺し wrote:
the ridiculous extension of some characters' screentime well beyond their utility

If you're referring to my favorite GoT character, I'll fite u m8.

Sorry, did I say "Game of Thrones"? I meant "The Adventures of Arya Stark".

This is a buff.

"
鬼殺し wrote:
Dailymotion looks like the go for subbed. Any better recommendations?

I have a less-than-scrupulous anime-specific site I frequent, but it took a little NoScript magic and a lot of patience to make it work smoothly. You can probably find a better alternative for only the occasional foray into the dark side; maybe you already have.

Feel free to PM me if you're still interested.
____________________________________________________________________________________

- Self-proclaimed king of level 172 budget builds -
"Security token has expired. Please submit the form again."
____________________________________________________________________________________
Bunnygirl senpai is giving me some serious monogatari vibes now... the only things missing are head tilts, blink-and-you-miss-them texts popping up and random changes to the artstyle every now and then.

Beelzebub-jou is meanwhile doing what it does best: spreading a good mood and showing people funny interactions between lovable characters.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
FCK42 wrote:
blink-and-you-miss-them texts popping up

This is the one thing that ruined the Monogatari series for me, by way of making it an absolute chore to watch. And I thought Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei took it too far. I KNEW NOTHING.

Yes, I have a very strong opinion on this. As weird as it may be.

"
NemoJr wrote:
"
FCK42 wrote:
blink-and-you-miss-them texts popping up

This is the one thing that ruined the Monogatari series for me, by way of making it an absolute chore to watch. And I thought Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei took it too far. I KNEW NOTHING.

Yes, I have a very strong opinion on this. As weird as it may be.

Don't let those messages bother you. While they are usually related to the specific arc, you can't gather all that much from them unless you already know what's about to happen. Don't bother trying to read them, they're not meant for that. Or rather, most of them aren't. The ones that stay on screen for a longer period of time usually are.
Yeah, it was a weird series.
This is solid advice for those who haven't watched the whole thing already. I'll make sure to pass it along.

FML, eh?

I'm all for foreshadowing and hiding little details that only hardcore fans will notice / care about, but that's my least favorite (so far) method of doing it.

It's been months (a year?) since I binged on Zetsubou Sensei and Monogatari back-to-back, and my head still hurts just thinking about it. Ow.

Edit: Now that I remember it, I had to take a long-ish break from anime after the first season of Monogatari. That should be telling.

Last edited by NemoJr on Nov 1, 2018, 1:49:38 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Beelzebub sama is such trash. But, like DakaIchi, it's the sort of trash we won't drop. But admit to yourself it's trash. It's not fuwa-fuwa or mofu-mofu and it's definitely not iyashikei.

Hmmm... can we agree on "guilty pleasure"? That one doesn't sound quite as harsh at least.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I'm slowly getting over Bunny Girl. Unfortunate but there you go. Monogatari did it better in pretty much every way.

Beelzebub sama is such trash. But, like DakaIchi, it's the sort of trash we won't drop. But admit to yourself it's trash. It's not fuwa-fuwa or mofu-mofu and it's definitely not iyashikei.

I'm dropping beelzebub, watched two episodes and yeah it's trash.

Cuteness asside, the dialogue's are borring and the characters feel hollow.

Bunny girl though i enjoy, watched all five episodes yesterday and enjoyed all of it. I feel comparing it to monogatari is bit much, that's like reading one page of a novel and comparing it with a trilogie only to then state they don't compare to one another.

Dialogue's are good so far, characters are developing well and have interesting quirks and the animation has been solid so far.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Hell yeah, we got another episode of my favourite fate spinoff!
...I probably like Emiya-san Chi no Kyou no Gohan way too much. Still we got a new episode and can finally see some of Archer's cooking.

Zombieland Saga was also really fun this time around. This time around in particular it felt like Mamoru was having a blast with his lines, I love how over the top just about everything is in that series.
Also, the legendary Tae once again got me real good. Nice Bird.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info