:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

I had a conversation with a Quaker... She said "do you believe in God?" I responded,"not sure if I don't believe."

She replied, "Well believe in something or people with think you're crazy>"

So told myself... "I believe in Anime."

"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
From talking to others about the show, I think Re:Zero's greatest weakness is in that there's lots of scenes that can be either liked or hated depending on whether you liked the characters or not, and whether you agree or disagree with what they say. In a well-written scene of a book or show, you can still enjoy it even if you don't like the characters and disagree with everything they say. In Re:Zero's case, the entire show can apparently be downright repulsive to some people just for this reason. The cause seems pretty clear too. There's long stretches of time where the main character just spews out his emotions with ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ELSE going on. You're literally forced to sit there and listen to him talk.

Of course, this is a big part of why I said it's a show where it was especially fun to ask, "what did you think of last week's episode?"
www.twitch.tv/Sushin for various games, generally laid back
Last edited by North2 on May 3, 2018, 12:25:28 PM
I still remember the one single episode with arguably the biggest impact on the show... I think it's 18. It consists almost entirely of one single enormous dialogue between subaru and Rem. They skipped both opening and ending in that episode to fit all of that in.
It was by far one of the most controversal episodes aswell, this being caused by just one simple sentence subaru said.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Is re:zero worth watching?
Spreading salt since 2006
My stance is the same as before...it's not something I can openly recommend. It's something definitely worth trying though, to see if you like it.
www.twitch.tv/Sushin for various games, generally laid back
"
Necromael wrote:
Is re:zero worth watching?

Yes.

Will you enjoy it? No clue.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : if i had to point at something i disliked about re:zero, it would be the fact i don't think emilia is explored enough given her roll in the whole story.
Or more precisely her relation with subaru.

I found his devotion entirely misplaced by the end of the show considering the impact and relation building between him and some of the other female rolls and i think that's entirely based on the fact we don't get a lot to go on.

Could be entirely intentional though because she did do some very important stuff and he had to witness a lot of bad stuff with her involved.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on May 3, 2018, 2:29:53 PM
I just started watching ep1, seen its 50 mins ep, if all episodes are that long, that seems good.

Opening episode seems decent, but it is probably a tame intro to what awaits me I guess. Usually if 1 episode is good for me, I will watch all eps then, and this seems to be good.

edit: all right, the first one is only 50 mins
Spreading salt since 2006
Last edited by Necromael on May 3, 2018, 2:48:59 PM
This was my Anime look for Halloween going to try to top this one this year. My friend I pay her 100 bucks plus I buy her the items when she makes stuff for me. Literally takes her a month or more not easy... To make cosplay costumes, beats going to party city.

Spoiler

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"
鬼殺し wrote:
To me, the question is this:

Spoiler
If you know you're part of a groundhog day scenario, when do you get serious and when do you get manic and nihilistic? This only happens once in Steins;Gate and it only happens in the VN, but in one ending Okarin gets caught in an Endless Eight summer day and does pretty much everything he can within it, before succumbing to the madness. Since Subaru has 'check points', he has actual progress and so has no real reason to surrender to the futility. His little breakdown on Emilia's lap after the manic act was moving but could have been better done.

My answer would be something like this:
The fact that he DOES have checkpoints makes it almost scarier in my opinion. He has no way of knowing that he reached one when he does, unless he dies. If he screws up something and reaches a checkpoint, he has absolutely no way of changing it.
Only heard about this, but still a spoiler for an important event later in the show.
This actually happens after the current end of the series. After they won the fight against the white whale there's a dialogue with emilia during which it becomes apparent that she lost her memories of rem. Shortly after, he notices that everybody lost them which is an indication that she might've been erased from existence as has happened with some people before.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
I'm binging on Fairy Tail... o.O

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info