Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

I think Templar shield builds are underpowered. Tell me why I'm wrong.

Is it me or are mara tanks better than temp tanks? With the first respect recently I tried a sword and board spec. At lvl 60 I had:

50% mitigation
60% buffed block chance
2.8k hp
105 Health regen/second
Max resistance, cept fire was 6% off

I used shield charge for it's awesome mobility and Heavy strike and ground slam (or cleave pending weapon choice) with a Health/enemy hit gem. I killed things a bit slow, but it took a shit ton to hurt me. It was very mobile and fun IMO, I just prefer 2h so I specc'd back with 2nd talent wipe for maras /templars.

I would presume that you would get a good dps boost with resolute technique and just plan your points out. I looked at every shield block% node I could get and went with A low lvl and low shield block% shield type, but it made up for it in armor (girded shields have huge base armor)

Unavailable

Try to avoid lack luster passive points. For instance, no dmg % increase nodes of less than 8%. And try to get the 8% life nodes that are near a 12% life node.
IGN: Sagan_Nova / Odin_Dom
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Yeah right now I'm chasing more Regrets to respec some of those spell nodes to pick up more of those Mara nodes. The biggest flaw, like most of you said, was no specialization. Planning to drop some of the spell damage/mana and pick up str/life/shield nodes and see how that does.

Also picked up Iron Will, Ground slam, and switched some gems around. If I can find a qual Infernal I'll test that out too.
Check out my templar build. Level 50 so far....

with around 1.1k life, 800 energy shield. Using one hand and a shield, my infernal blow has thousands of damage per second when I hover over the skill.

Someone show me how I can link my build/gear.
IGN: Narbays
"
narbays wrote:
Check out my templar build. Level 50 so far....

with around 1.1k life, 800 energy shield. Using one hand and a shield, my infernal blow has thousands of damage per second when I hover over the skill.

Someone show me how I can link my build/gear.

Click on the character on the bottom of the page - his invetory will open.
While you type a post you can click on the items and they will get linked.
For the passives - when you open the charater as i mentioned above you have a button 'Passive skill tree' it'll link to the online skill tree with obviously your build - copy the url into your post.
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
This thread makes me very sad. I thought I had good stuff but obviously all my equipment is crap. I'm 44 and only have 600hp and 3k armor unbuffed.

I was thrilled finding a shield that was 500+ armor.

How do you guys find such great stuff?
Here's a lv61 Build 1h+shield. I think templars will be very strong once the ES upon block comes out. They feel weak to you right now because itemizing for them is VERY hard, mainly the weapon. It's also incredibly difficult to find +Armour/+ES/%Armour & ES on a single piece of gear.

To get around this you can use a high end ES chest (500+ ES), armour shield (1.5k+ armour), ES boots (200+ ES), armour gloves (300+ armour), and either hybrid or armour helm.

1h Weapon: Phys dmg, Phys %, Fire, Lightning, Atk speed.

Run discipline, clarity, wrath/anger (or both if you have enough +mana on your gear).

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQUAAJbF5wECcWAIesKcCqgxHQ4m5EUQTvZSERDhnhUh4QQWXlhpF-EUDxi6bYQakfLaHRGvtCGddDImAkTjLN2adzMkdE0268VUP55fTUUdjbRHEfCKSUc4nEq2TItLBiVrS68_l00zvqtPaS1FViUX_1l86aFdC8EpXVWy5mISGhZiR7jyZRFytWfpMtR3ABYJfIbKGXzAId5-mmTTf6rIHoDJM9WGc4sPk4cffpfUxwaZLWG3miRPWZptiUeqBTpWqhZ2BqswKuOrZVXSrHZMVa3pca6xKGCjvSG7Vr37qXHCe7Z4y0EdEc3KZmPYZqkl2ZuoEtszIrji48v_5K_cDuVj0FTrYAuN7_TlLfNHdxjzX-1W9S27vPdmO0n4X7Iz-JMbnP2YbdP-i-Ku_xUcN_8_eiPmPIZ9m_AqxYhfdyE=

I'm currently at 2.7k dps on lightning strike, 1.7k hp/1.5k ES/67% block.

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Edit: Added some more info and changed the link to a lv61 build. Btw I'm not going to use swords at the end of my build, I just don't have the mace passives yet.
Starting from scratch in open beta.
Last edited by dsifu on Sep 14, 2012, 3:43:52 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
This is my built. The focus is shield, but I don't feel I can survive too long.

I feel weak, as I never cross over to Marauder along with some weak equipment. Meanwhile, my other summoner Templar is good even with weak equipment, and I went deep into the Witch cores.

It doesn't seem to work as a pure-Templar built, and most viable builds are either involving Marauder or Witch core nodes heavily, instead of filling out all the Templar nodes.
"
ibdoomed wrote:
How do you guys find such great stuff?

Higher level areas. *shrug*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info