The Infernal Blow HEAVY METAL Marauder - Build Guide (1.1 Updated!)

Is this build still viable?

"
Raabamillo wrote:

Yes it is viable. But for a melee build it is squishy. Very squishy.

You'll spend the first part of many fights jumping around to build up your seven Endurance charges. On tougher battles you'll need to keep leaping to avoid incoming damage until at least half of the mobs are dead. Disclaimer: I played it to lvl76 then decided to try something else.
"
SteamPoE2080 wrote:
"
Raabamillo wrote:

You'll spend the first part of many fights jumping around to build up your seven Endurance charges. On tougher battles you'll need to keep leaping to avoid incoming damage until at least half of the mobs are dead. Disclaimer: I played it to lvl76 then decided to try something else.

What about adding Life Leech to Leap Slam?

"
Raabamillo wrote:
"
SteamPoE2080 wrote:
"
Raabamillo wrote:

What about adding Life Leech to Leap Slam?

Looking at the original build, he does use a MELEE PHYS DAMAGE gem as a 6-th slot on the Leap Slam skill. If you get two 6-Link items for this build then it may be useful to put a Life Leech there instead. Although you won't really get hit too much while Leaping around.

The problem occurs if you don't make sure to do the Leaping before starting up Infernal Blow. Even with the endurance charges up, they don't do anything for spell damage, meaning he doesn't have much defense against status effects either.

I'm not bashing this build at all, it's a lot of fun and I liked playing it. Just want to mention that it does have some drawbacks so people can go into it knowing what to expect.
For those saying it's squishy, here's a simple way to convert it to a MUCH more survivable character with a little less DPS. It doesn't have a small pack nuking ability, though, due to Molten Strike's randomness and lower damage but it does have more sustained AoE survivability when stuck in large packs and doesn't require a KILL to AoE.

(Note: This is NOT recommended to make a new build for. This is just as a work-around for Squish Mc. Squish Squishy.)

The clearing speed is reduced by quite a bit on harder enemies as-well, but with Onslaught + Frenzy charges, it speeds up alot.

1. Swap Marohi Erqi for Kongor's Undying Rage.
2. Remove Resolute Technique (Optional: Remove Diamond Flesh/Dex Node).
3. Molten Strike, Multistrike, Life Leech, Blood Magic, Weapon Elemental Damage.

This also helps with players that get the B.S. Infernal Blow Desync, and doesn't require an enemy to cast.

At 76, it's survivability is WAY better than Infernal Blow.

It's modify-able for people more skilled in the passive tree. Work with more critical hits, more projectile damage, whatever.

Last edited by lilmrock4457 on Jul 6, 2014, 5:31:34 PM
Love this guide. Thank you!
Mar mar mar mar
Question: Why do u take evasion and grace aura when u have unwavering stance; cannot evade enemy attacks
iron reflexes converts evasion to armor. It is actually a much higher armor gain this way then trying to go straight armor.
Hey, can you add new skill tree?, thanks :).
Last edited by borowydziad on Aug 21, 2014, 5:07:33 AM
Will you be updating this guide ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info