Inter-season races including 24 hour Descent

i guess reave will be melee spell dmg... am i right?
♦▲◄▼►▲♦ @Kadush ♦▲◄▼►▲♦
"
SlixSC wrote:
I don't think Rogue races are very balanced. I always go Duelist in these type of races because ranged classes such as Witch or Ranger don't have enough DPS to kill them in an efficient manner early on. Duelists on the other hand can duel strike them down in mere seconds.

Two solutions for this problem, nerf duelists early game, or buff other classes so that their single target too can kill exiles early on without losing too much time.

GGG, it's really important that you understand that Rogue races only amplify the dominance Duelists have in races. They have arguably the easiest time killing bosses and exiles and can do it faster than any other class. I really wish exile races just wouldn't exist, because they force me to play duelist (if I want to have fun and do well).

hurah, rewards for the maphackers
"
_avenged_ wrote:
24-hour race? I won't be surprised if some joker plays for 22 straight just to win. I only hope he doesn't fall ill or even die as a result of it and garner bad press for the game.

Meanwhile, glove effects please :)

24 hour marathon gaming is nothing..I once played Asherons Call 2 for 57 hours to get from 59-60..and I didn't even really like the game..1 was way better!
outdated sig
If you can't full-clear all 15 Descent levels in less than 24 hours you're doing something wrong. It might take an inexperienced player 6 hours, tops. So I wouldn't worry about anyone dying from a 24-hour "marathon" Descent session :P

What will be interesting is to see the distribution of experience points for everyone that does full-clear it. (I know I will be!)
Last edited by Fightgarr on Aug 12, 2013, 9:49:17 AM
Spoiler
"
SlixSC wrote:
I don't think Rogue races are very balanced. I always go Duelist in these type of races because ranged classes such as Witch or Ranger don't have enough DPS to kill them in an efficient manner early on. Duelists on the other hand can duel strike them down in mere seconds.

Two solutions for this problem, nerf duelists early game, or buff other classes so that their single target too can kill exiles early on without losing too much time.

GGG, it's really important that you understand that Rogue races only amplify the dominance Duelists have in races. They have arguably the easiest time killing bosses and exiles and can do it faster than any other class. I really wish exile races just wouldn't exist, because they force me to play duelist (if I want to have fun and do well).

I thought that GGG did a GR8 job of balance of the rouges?? Walked out of Lionseye with a LvL 1 Shadow, Ranger, and Templar and meet a Rogue each time and yes they took some time (maybe 1 min. )but I Beat them got excellent starting gear
Follow thePOEcast.com ---The POE cast is a Path of Exile podcast
I have one question - WHEN?
Last edited by waltersobchak on Aug 12, 2013, 10:32:13 AM
gg ggg
"
grumpi wrote:
Spoiler
"
SlixSC wrote:

I thought that GGG did a GR8 job of balance of the rouges?? Walked out of Lionseye with a LvL 1 Shadow, Ranger, and Templar and meet a Rogue each time and yes they took some time (maybe 1 min. )but I Beat them got excellent starting gear

Not to mention that in the end it does not matter if 100 duelists are placed in front of You as You are only racing players in Your class.

But an addept racer and pro-gamer like him does of course know that already...

On another topic:
I, too, think that the points-system is a little heavy on the "just play more" side of things. I would prefer that they counted only the (as an example) best 10 races points, maybe with a bonus for doing more races, and lower the amounts needed considerably. This way You still incentivise people to play more (to, in the end, get 10x20 or whatever points), but if You are good enough, You can get top reward for only a few very good finishes. I think it would be fairer.

But in the end (and I only got to 27 points for lack of time): Yay! next season!!
I'm excited to see longer descent windows because I'm simply unable to participate in races because of hectic work/family schedules, but I like the design for descent.

Ideally, I'd love to see a descent league that is just for practice after the race season so people can goof around and experiment in them, but maybe that is already planned and I just missed the forum post. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info