Vaal Pact - How does this keystone work?

"
The drawback of not being able to use flasks for emergency healing is huge, and not being able to run around kiting for like 10 seconds while you wait on health regen will also be hard to live with

Agree with this. I foresee myself becoming a follower on Vaal Pact. If someone else figures out the optimal usage scenarios for this, I'll be all ears, but in the meantime, I have other things to try out ;-).
It depends on how difficult it is to procure life leech mod on Str-only equipment and other pieces of equipment. I generally don't see life leech mod often on rare equipment, so it might be difficult to get a truly VP-oriented build that's 100% supported through carefully selected gear.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
"
Islidox wrote:
It depends on how difficult it is to procure life leech mod on Str-only equipment and other pieces of equipment. I generally don't see life leech mod often on rare equipment, so it might be difficult to get a truly VP-oriented build that's 100% supported through carefully selected gear.

There is a unique amulet that gives 10% life leech but reduces life by 25%.

Also there might be some other unique items that give a good amount of life leech.

It is still a less then optimal build. It sound more like something for highHP archers that want extra flask slots for diamond flasks.

With upcoming archery totems, would giving life Leech support to them leech life to you or the totem?

Last edited by Torin on Sep 11, 2012, 6:03:06 AM
This skill is so absurdly niche. It's useless for almost every build in the game =/
"
Xendran wrote:
This skill is so absurdly niche. It's useless for almost every build in the game =/

Which goes for most skills in the middle of the tree.
Besides that I am playing my Shadow with Vaal Pact and will do some streaming in around 4 hours to show how useful Vaal Pact can be.

E: I am not saying that it is a must have talent for any non-specialized build - it really is a niche talent but not a bad one.
Last edited by Victo on Sep 11, 2012, 7:47:25 AM
"
Victo wrote:
"
Xendran wrote:

Besides that I am playing my Shadow with Vaal Pact and will do some streaming in around 4 hours to show how useful Vaal Pact can be.

E: I am not saying that it is a must have talent for any non-specialized build - it really is a niche talent but not a bad one.

So much this. I am testing one myself.

I'm not sure how far you got with it so far, but I believe (in theory) that life leech monsters will be a pain for Vaal pact users. So I think the passive 'lifeless' is a must for that kind of build.

Can you confirm that or have't you progressed so far in the game yet?
"
Spectruma wrote:
"
Victo wrote:
"
Xendran wrote:

So much this. I am testing one myself.

I'm not sure how far you got with it so far, but I believe (in theory) that life leech monsters will be a pain for Vaal pact users. So I think the passive 'lifeless' is a must for that kind of build.

Can you confirm that or have't you progressed so far in the game yet?

Lifeleech monsters are not more of a problem than other mods, physical reflect can be harsh though.

I uploaded a part of my last streaming in which I explain and demonstrate Vaal Pact (and therefore the build behind it):

http://de.twitch.tv/victolol/b/331843144

The actual explanation is way shorter than the whole video, but for those interested I left the rest of map I did and my gear-showoff in the video.
Last edited by Victo on Sep 11, 2012, 3:17:45 PM
I'll post my build later, but going Marauder with Vaal Pact solves certain issues with life leech, especially with Bloodless notable selected.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
"
Qarl wrote:
When you do life leech without Vaal Pact, you get the life back over time. (At a rate of 20% of your maximum life per second)

With Vaal Pact, this is instant.

So Vaal Pact removes PoE's queue system for life leech and makes it similar to other games's life leech mechanic?
Bump

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info