[1.1.1] Evantis's Permastun Build and Stun Compedium

Yeah, 4 changes to my build and stun mechanic are hitting tomorrow:

"
Ground Slam: increased from 70% to 80% weapon damage. Its reduced stun threshold has been reduced from 35% to 25%.

Yeah it's nerf and rather a big one (from 35% to 25% is nearly a 30% decrease) , but fortunately I don't use GS, so not a big deal.

"
Heavy Strike: reduced stun threshold reduction from 30% to 25%.

A little nerf too, but barelly noticeable with regular play I think.

"
Stun support gem: stun threshold reduction increased by 10% at every level.

Stun gem at 20 lvl has 39% REST, so now it will be 49%. Since you need to switch melee splash to Stun support on some very high life/armour life bosses, we'll overall gain 5% REST in 11.6 with HS.

It's a nice buff then!

"
Added a new strength support gem - Endurance Charge on Melee Stun.

Still looking forward to test it and implement to the build. And it's time to go Immortal Call, no more double physical reflect problems :)

EDIT: Fixed Stun support values as of my a misunderstunding those 10% more.
IGN @Ostropalca
Last edited by Evantis on Sep 25, 2013, 6:08:43 AM
Printscreen of items for post-nerf calculations:

Spoiler

IGN @Ostropalca
my $0.02, E.Charge on melee stun is awesome. I'm only 64 and not into maps yet, but am pretty much cruising through content with just "ok" gear. I'm only using a 4L, but my current setup is:
Heavy Strike -> blood magic, melee splash, endurance charge on stun

works great!
Happy Gaming!
Clicked thread, and saw Stone Cold Steve Austin.... I don't need to read the rest, I am sold!
There is grief in wisdom, there is sorrow in truth
Yet, the heart of the wise is in the house of mourning
And by sad countenance the heart is made stonger in time
So, I embrace this burden and weep for the fools that chase the wind
Last edited by Magnetic_n0rth on Sep 25, 2013, 12:55:46 PM
Endurance charge on melee stun seems to be very viable for this build considering it has stun threshold reduction and duration as quality. On max level and quality if gives 19% reduced stun threshold and 20% increased stun duration. Only thing is that it takes up one more slot so it isn't quite viable to use in conjunction with stun support gem.
IGN: Smegacore
Love it :)
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
enjoying your build man, but a question: do you think its plausible to use other gems aside from heavy strike or GS, provided you use the stun gem?
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
If you consider not being able to stun endgame bosses, yes. Because of Stun REST raise in last patch, and Endurance charge on stun adding REST too, I think you will be able to stun 95% of mobs, aside maybe Exiles, Merc Piety, and some high life map bosses which would require HS damage.
IGN @Ostropalca
I back to play after few months, before patch 11.6 come out, and saw ur comment there about permastun. Instantly reset my mara skill tree ( tnx to 11.0 patch free reset), then bought new gear and done. pretty nice build and really fun to play. True ARPG build : Smash, Crush n Kill
" You... managed to catch the fish i wanted? Congratulations! Let´s keep this a secret between the two of us, shall we? In the meantime, take this. It should be useful in the future." - Krillson, the 8th Master.
Grinding Gear & Gems
"
Evantis wrote:
If you consider not being able to stun endgame bosses, yes. Because of Stun REST raise in last patch, and Endurance charge on stun adding REST too, I think you will be able to stun 95% of mobs, aside maybe Exiles, Merc Piety, and some high life map bosses which would require HS damage.

I'm sorry, but what does HS mean?

So you need a lot of damage to stun things, right? I was also thinking of a ranged build using split arrow to constantly stunusing broadstroke and the stun gem.
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info