[1.1.1] Evantis's Permastun Build and Stun Compedium

"
Soranor wrote:
Very nice build. Have you tried using Shield Charge?

I tried it and it does not work as good as it looks on paper. The recovery animation from Shield charge attack is way too long, and it does not let you go to higher/lower levels as Leap slam. And of course any obstacle interrupts your charge path.

"
lucksickle wrote:
Do you think it's possible to make a stun build using Ethereal Knives? (strongest per-hit spell)

I'd have to calculate damage passives, stun threshold ect., I'll let you know after some tests this week.

"
Pracis wrote:
This build is so out of the box, it's terrifying!

Thanks for the write up.. I'm enjoying the build so far. I haven't started to actually stun yet since I'm only 50 but I'm hoping to get started soon :)

For the maps that you've run so far, have you had any real difficulty with any type of map? I'm thinking about investing and making this toon into my primary farmer...

Try to use Stun gem, if you don't have correct passives/items yet.

And about maps, yes there is one I have no idea what to do with:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/513367
I prefer doing Crematorium/Maze/Temple on most crazy possible mods, over this one.
IGN @Ostropalca
"
Evantis wrote:
"
Soranor wrote:
Very nice build. Have you tried using Shield Charge?

I tried it and it does not work as good as it looks on paper. The recovery animation from Shield charge attack is way too long, and it does not let you go to higher/lower levels as Leap slam. And of course any obstacle interrupts your charge path.

"
lucksickle wrote:
Do you think it's possible to make a stun build using Ethereal Knives? (strongest per-hit spell)

I'd have to calculate damage passives, stun threshold ect., I'll let you know after some tests this week.

"
Pracis wrote:
This build is so out of the box, it's terrifying!

Thanks for the write up.. I'm enjoying the build so far. I haven't started to actually stun yet since I'm only 50 but I'm hoping to get started soon :)

For the maps that you've run so far, have you had any real difficulty with any type of map? I'm thinking about investing and making this toon into my primary farmer...

Try to use Stun gem, if you don't have correct passives/items yet.

And about maps, yes there is one I have no idea what to do with:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/513367
I prefer doing Crematorium/Maze/Temple on most crazy possible mods, over this one.

I picked this one up this morning.. just gotta hit 53 :)

Based on what you've stated, I'm going to primarily focus on survivability and iir/iiq over actual damage. I don't want to die to physical reflect :)

Last edited by lucksickle on Sep 18, 2013, 12:41:32 AM
I did some calculations and I think it could be possible, yet harder than on a melee character. And would require a good balance of crit chance and casting speed.

As a caster you can use only 3 stun nodes which give 15% Reduced Enemy Stun Threshold, you can get 15% REST more from belt, and with 30% you need to take 35% of enemy life per hit to stun him.

If you add stun gem (~40% REST maxed) to your combination and get 75% REST (which is the point where diminishing returns starts working against you in the stun mechanic), you would still need to deal damage of 12.5% enemy life to stun him.

Also, Point blank support could be far better than Iron will, as it multiplies your face-to-face damage by 150% and does not decrease casting speed as Iron will do.
IGN @Ostropalca
Last edited by Evantis on Sep 18, 2013, 5:19:31 AM
Ah, but PB only works on attacks. Even the support gem.
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
"
Evantis wrote:
I did some calculations and I think it could be possible, yet harder than on a melee character. And would require a good balance of crit chance and casting speed.

As a caster you can use only 3 stun nodes which give 15% Reduced Enemy Stun Threshold, you can get 15% REST more from belt, and with 30% you need to take 35% of enemy life per hit to stun him.

If you add stun gem (~40% REST maxed) to your combination and get 75% REST (which is the point where diminishing returns starts working against you in the stun mechanic), you would still need to deal damage of 12.5% enemy life to stun him.

Also, Point blank support could be far better than Iron will, as it multiplies your face-to-face damage by 150% and does not decrease casting speed as Iron will do.

Yeah, those are pretty much the same conclusions I reached. Main issue being stunning bosses. I reckon it's not /too/ bad. It's just not as good. All and all, it's not a permastun EK build, but rather a clunky(ish) ek build that has /some/ stun integrated into it.

Pretty meh.
"
Kirielis wrote:
Ah, but PB only works on attacks. Even the support gem.

Doesn't it say "Projectile" too?
IGN @Ostropalca
Last edited by Evantis on Sep 20, 2013, 1:51:41 AM
I didn't have the time to test Shield Charge on high levels myself. I always wondered what parts of shield charge faster attacks would increase. Is the charge itself part of the attack?
I'm thinking of Shield Charge/Faster Attacks/Melee Splash/Endurance Charge on melee stun as a nice opening move that in theory should give you as many charges as enemies hit. This would of course work with Leap Slam as well. Looking forward to your tests. ;)
Yea, I will certainly test any ability associated with Stun mechanic, and Endurance Charge on melee stun just from the name sounds great! I already wonder if Endurance charges will be added on attack, or rather per every monster hit (with melee splash).

IGN @Ostropalca
tommorow nerf:

"
Heavy Strike: reduced stun threshold reduction from 30% to 25%.

:(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info