No scrolls/orbs dropping?

"
Carlovski wrote:
Still no reply? I really like the game but no drops are making it extremely frustrating to play. If I play multiplayer, I guess I am just gimping the party drop rates too, though at least I can get a few drops!

Carl

The devs play the game regularly and on normal servers with the normal player base they haven't noticed anything, i personally have not noticed anything.

You might want to tell them what skills/spec and gear you have to see if they can recreate it, there were some cases where some monsters didn't drop anything when killed with some certain skill but they have all been fixed and the only thing that is effected atm as far as anyone knows is kills by minions not taking into account the players IIQ/IIR.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Thing is, it's on all my characters, all different, including one I started from level 1.
There was someone else who had reported the same symptoms, but that thread has gone dead.

Hi there,

it may be a case of unfortunately bad RNG, however if you are concerned about this feel free to email us at support@grindinggear.com with your account name and we'll look into it for you :)
[i]No longer works at GGG[/i]
"
Carlovski wrote:
There was someone else who had reported the same symptoms, but that thread has gone dead.

I know...i read it when it was posted as well, i've got characters from end game down to just made and they all seem to be getting drops, the only time i've not had currency drops is taking a level 70+ character through the first levels...get plenty of rare and unique drops but no scrolls until you hit about mid game.

All the characters i have just started don't suffer the problems...you don't get much in the early levels...usually a few scrolls to a dozen by the time you get to the ledge the first portal is usually in the tidal island and the other orbs are random.

Like i said the devs play the game, they do read the forum if there was something they could tell you bar RNG sucks sometimes they would but so far there isn't really the info to give an answer.

------------[EDIT]-----------

Dang it, Julia beat me to it...whilst i was typing not less :P
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Aug 12, 2013, 3:50:50 PM
Good news - appears to have resolved itself.
I guess could have been incredibly bad rng, but seems unlikely - levelling to lvl 12 without a single scroll or orb? At least 20 docks/ledge runs with no drops? And sure it was going on for longer than that.
On saying that, my drops appear to still be pretty low (That could be rng though), but at least I am getting some.

Cheers,

Carl
Currently experiencing this exact issue on my level 87 Duelist. Came back to the game after a 2 month break and had my character transferred from Anarchy to Standard. I've done around 10 maps and a few Docks and Lunaris runs to test, and I've received a grand total of 2 portal scrolls and 1 wisdom scroll. The weird thing is, THE INSTANT I joined a public group, scrolls and currency started raining again. Once I left the group and did a mazed 49% pack size sewer map, I got 1 portal scroll out of the whole map.

Something is NOT right with my character and orb RNG. I'm getting the usual amount of rares and blues. Running around 40% quantity.
I feel you..

I just created a new account - And guess what? From a total grand record of getting 3 ID scrolls, 1 townportal and about 2(i think) orbs of augmentation in 3 days of playing all kinds of levels, both high aswell as low on my old account i now get scroll of ID:s on my new account while leveling with no problem, drops regular both Portals and ID i even get an alc orb now and then.

Funny thing is.. If i go on with my old other account that does NOT work..

And if i play with friends, and they have me kill stuff - NOTHING, i do mean NOTHING drops.
Chances that i meet face to face with Obama arguing diplomacy is greater than me finding a decent orb in Path of Exile with that account right now.

If i play with friends, and they kill stuff - Things drop, and we have the SAME gear, started same classes with the exact same gear to test this out!

If i play alone, there is NOTHING that drops.. Not a damn thing.. I'd be shocked and shaky if i see a scroll ID drop - That's how rare it is.

So.. I made a new account, and things dropped, both solo and in party with me killing monsters.

I sent an email that unless the chances for scrolls are supposed to be like 0.0000000000000000000000000001% then there MUST be some bloody absurd error.

Unfortunately this has put the game on hold for me, it's amazing how boring it can get once you actually don't get any currency at all. :(

I hope they do reply soon cause i really love this game!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info