[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

I can get to the login screen once I start the game but it take like 5-10 minutes to load. Is that normal or is it something to do with my system?

Also load screens seem rather long.
Last edited by elitebetrayal on Jan 31, 2013, 11:35:51 PM
"
elitebetrayal wrote:
I can get to the login screen once I start the game but it take like 5-10 minutes to load. Is that normal or is it something to do with my system?

just restart your mac. should bring the loading times down (if you have a lot programs open, osx will began to swap, slowing down almost every operation).
hey guys, im having a lot of problems with the mouse. it will either work perfect, work in the game but not in inventory screens, and trade screens, or it just doesnt show up at all. anyone know why this is and how to fix it?
After the last patch, i cant open PoE anymore.. on the loading screen i get the following error:

"Art/particles/monster_particles/act3/piety/lightning_ball/beam/light_gradc.mat";
Error: File does not exist: Art/particles/monster_particles/act3/pi

(seems to be cut)

Anyone help?
Last edited by ps3stalk on Feb 1, 2013, 11:31:14 AM
"
julus wrote:
"
elitebetrayal wrote:

just restart your mac. should bring the loading times down (if you have a lot programs open, osx will began to swap, slowing down almost every operation).

Thank you I will try this when I get home. Hopefully it will help and if it doesn't I will know it is most likely my Mac not having enough power.
i installed the 3.7 version. it took like 45 minutes to install the game, but once the installer reached 100 percent i got 2 error messages and then closed path of exile and tried to reopen and got the same two error messages again.
they are "error". just one box simply says that, lol. and the other box is titled "exception" and under it says "error opening file: Content.ggpk".

do u know of any fix for this please? any help appreciated thanks. also i am running 10.8.2 if that matters. thanks again.
"
noobslayer wrote:
i installed the 3.7 version. it took like 45 minutes to install the game, but once the installer reached 100 percent i got 2 error messages and then closed path of exile and tried to reopen and got the same two error messages again.
they are "error". just one box simply says that, lol. and the other box is titled "exception" and under it says "error opening file: Content.ggpk".

do u know of any fix for this please? any help appreciated thanks. also i am running 10.8.2 if that matters. thanks again.

sry, i guess i just fixed it lol? all i did was restart my mac and then it is now working. sorta weird, but thanks for the kool wine thingy!
Im on a old mac mini. I downloaded the 3.7 and it all works fine until i enter the "fetid pool" then everything is black. I can exit the area and everything is fine its just that zone that i cant see. so i cant progress past it. I could try runing around blind and find a exit to see if the zone past it is working but sofar no luck.
"
TurtleShotty wrote:
Im on a old mac mini. I downloaded the 3.7 and it all works fine until i enter the "fetid pool" then everything is black. I can exit the area and everything is fine its just that zone that i cant see. so i cant progress past it. I could try runing around blind and find a exit to see if the zone past it is working but sofar no luck.

In options, turn off "post processing", it worked for me.
I have a new IMAC I bought yesterday. It's the base model with a 2.7ghz intel Core i5 with a NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M 512 MB.

Now, I understand this isn't a gaming computer, however, I was hoping I could at least run this game with low settings. Unfortunately, I FPS spike constantly. Is it because my specs aren't good enough, or is it because of this unofficial port?
Last edited by JJ108X on Feb 1, 2013, 4:09:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info