OS X El Capitan
Version 10.11.6
MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2013)
1.3 GHz Intel Core i5
4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB

ERROR MESSAGE -

Exception - Received a packet that is too large to deserialise

I attempted running it with both v7 and v6, both had the same error message.
I get the same message :( plz help
"
sweetasbacon wrote:
Hi there,
I solved the problem by downloading this 7gb torrent (it's the upgrade of the game https://www.pathofexile.com/public/PoE-3.0.0-preseed.torrent). Once you extract this zip file you will have a new content.ggpk file. Just drag it and replace the old file. (You'll find this file in the Path of exile game folder). Hope it helps you :)

This worked really well. After replacing the content.ggpk file it stayed on "Checking Resources" for a very long time but eventually started downloading. Thanks!!
"
Zajeri wrote:
"
sweetasbacon wrote:
Hi there,
I solved the problem by downloading this 7gb torrent (it's the upgrade of the game https://www.pathofexile.com/public/PoE-3.0.0-preseed.torrent). Once you extract this zip file you will have a new content.ggpk file. Just drag it and replace the old file. (You'll find this file in the Path of exile game folder). Hope it helps you :)

This worked really well. After replacing the content.ggpk file it stayed on "Checking Resources" for a very long time but eventually started downloading. Thanks!!

...nvm
Last edited by Xiaaer on Aug 7, 2017, 9:53:00 PM
"
Zajeri wrote:
"
sweetasbacon wrote:
Hi there,

I have a couple problems here.

1. I can't find a content.ggpk file. What folder is it in?

2. When I go to that link, it downloads a file that I can't do anything with. It just tells me that "There is no application set to open the document “PoE-3.0.0-preseed (3).torrent”.

So I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with this link
The content.ggpk fine would be in the c drive of the path of exile folder when you "show package contents"... I think
Last edited by Xiaaer on Aug 7, 2017, 9:56:43 PM
oops double posted
Last edited by ThudThudTonk on Aug 7, 2017, 9:59:20 PM
My mac is having an issue extracting the .ggpk file from the torrent. I am using utorrent but and after extracting the zip, it simply states that cannot unzip it because it's corrupted.
"
My mac is having an issue extracting the .ggpk file from the torrent. I am using utorrent but and after extracting the zip, it simply states that cannot unzip it because it's corrupted.

You shouldn't use Vaal orbs on unique files like that

P.S.: worked fine for me. but I have crazy lags. any solutions?
"
sweetasbacon wrote:
Hi there,

This worked for me as well! Once the torrent was downloaded here were my steps:

Move Zipped file to desktop
Double clicked file to unzip (this put the content.ggpk onto the desk top)
Opened applications and found PoE
Right click, show package contents
Open Drive_c folder
Open Program files folder
Open Grinding Gear Games Filer
Open Path of Exile File
Removed current content.ggpk
Moved in the newly unzipped Content.ggpk
Back out to application and fired it up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info