[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

"
albertaso wrote:
Hey everybody!!
Of some reason I can't open POE.. I've installed V7, installed CX15, using winetricks video 640, memory 520 and win7. When I then try to open POE the launcher opens, says "checking ressources" then crashes and says : The program PathofExile.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close. Error: WINDEBUG_WHAT_HAPPENED_MESSAGE

What am I doing wrong? :i

After a week of PoE running with no problems, I ran into this exact problem as of yesterday's server reset to finish migrating all the Breach stuff to Standard.

I've tried fully removing PoE and reinstalling (including all the stuff in the My Games/PoE folder where the settings file is saved), fully removing Wine, tried a variety of different Wine engines, but I'm getting the same error as Albertaso a second or two after I load up the program.

Is there some sort of hidden settings or preferences I'm missing that I need to delete?
"
Aerox wrote:
"
albertaso wrote:
Hey everybody!!
Of some reason I can't open POE.. I've installed V7, installed CX15, using winetricks video 640, memory 520 and win7. When I then try to open POE the launcher opens, says "checking ressources" then crashes and says : The program PathofExile.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close. Error: WINDEBUG_WHAT_HAPPENED_MESSAGE

After a week of PoE running with no problems, I ran into this exact problem as of yesterday's server reset to finish migrating all the Breach stuff to Standard.

I've tried fully removing PoE and reinstalling (including all the stuff in the My Games/PoE folder where the settings file is saved), fully removing Wine, tried a variety of different Wine engines, but I'm getting the same error as Albertaso a second or two after I load up the program.

Is there some sort of hidden settings or preferences I'm missing that I need to delete?

I am getting the same problem as of yesterday. Can't play the game. It seems like something needs to be addressed before-hand. Why don't they just make a Mac version?!

They will get so many extra users. If you don't do it for the diversity, do it for the $$$. It must be easier than getting the xbox version released.
IGN dualist_duelist
"
"
Aerox wrote:
"
albertaso wrote:
Hey everybody!!

I am getting the same problem as of yesterday. Can't play the game. It seems like something needs to be addressed before-hand. Why don't they just make a Mac version?!

They will get so many extra users. If you don't do it for the diversity, do it for the $$$. It must be easier than getting the xbox version released.

After a bunch of fiddling I was able to get the launcher to stay open for more than a second and it's currently installing, although some of the graphics on the installer look a little screwed up.

In Wineskin I went to Config Utility -> Libraries Tab and removed all of the Existing Overrides in there. Not sure what impact it will have on the game proper since it's going to take a while to install but it's the only thing I've done so far that's kept the game from immediately crashing.
Seems to work fine for me even after the latest patch. I'm using the WS9Wine2.1 engine.
-----------------------------------------------------
Want to check out the price of your items? Check out http://poe-rates.com
Last edited by Licoffe on Mar 1, 2017, 12:26:10 PM
I found out that the issues after the patch yesterday are caused by a wrong .dll-file. To get it to work you can try:

1. start winetricks from within the app -> advanced -> Wintricks -> settings -> check "alldlls=builtin" -> run

2. start Path of Exile and wait for the patch to finish.

3. after the patch the game wont start you need to go to
winetricks from within the app -> advanced -> Wintricks -> settings -> check "win7" and "alldlls=default' -> run

4. after this you can start the game again and all "should" run fine

Maybe this helps. Please provide feedback.

GL. HF.
"
"
Aerox wrote:
"
albertaso wrote:
Hey everybody!!

properly porting would still take months... honestly, if you're using your computer for games why don't you have a regular windows PC?
"
xbon wrote:

properly porting would still take months... honestly, if you're using your computer for games why don't you have a regular windows PC?

I've got a gaming rig set up at home but PoE is great to play on my work laptop in a hotel room since I travel for work fairly frequently ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"
Licoffe wrote:
Seems to work fine for me even after the latest patch. I'm using the WS9Wine2.1 engine.

Thanks for the info, I have installed and run it using 2.1. It is now no longer giving me the same error as above, but it does still not work.

I have been able to receive an error log though, anyone know what any of this means?

Spoiler
fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x0 1 0x0 0 stub
fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x33fc5c 1 C) semi-stub
fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x110000 0 0x33fe08 4 stub
fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x33ef3c 1 C) semi-stub
fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x33eccc 1 C) semi-stub
fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x33ee4c 1 C) semi-stub
fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x33e6cc 1 C) semi-stub
fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x33e5ac 1 C) semi-stub
fixme:winsock:set_dont_fragment IP_DONTFRAGMENT for IPv4 not supported in this platform
fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x2feb0c 1 C) semi-stub
fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x2fe8ac 1 C) semi-stub
fixme:winsock:set_dont_fragment IP_DONTFRAGMENT for IPv6 not supported in this platform
wine: Call from 0x7b42dd72 to unimplemented function msls31.dll.LssbFDonePresSubline, aborting
wine: Unimplemented function msls31.dll.LssbFDonePresSubline called at address 0x7b42dd72 (thread 003e), starting debugger...
err:hid_report:process_hid_report Device reports coming in too fast, last report not read yet!
err:dbghelp:pe_load_dbg_file Couldn't find .DBG file "dll\\riched20.dbg" ("\xf0+T")
winedevice.exe(99365,0x401ff000) malloc: *** error for object 0x79be8dff: pointer being freed was not allocated
*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
IGN dualist_duelist
"
"
Licoffe wrote:

Thanks for the info, I have installed and run it using 2.1. It is now no longer giving me the same error as above, but it does still not work.

I have been able to receive an error log though, anyone know what any of this means?

Spoiler
fixme:winsock:set_dont_fragment IP_DONTFRAGMENT for IPv4 not supported in this platform
fixme:winsock:set_dont_fragment IP_DONTFRAGMENT for IPv6 not supported in this platform
wine: Call from 0x7b42dd72 to unimplemented function msls31.dll.LssbFDonePresSubline, aborting
wine: Unimplemented function msls31.dll.LssbFDonePresSubline called at address 0x7b42dd72 (thread 003e), starting debugger...
err:hid_report:process_hid_report Device reports coming in too fast, last report not read yet!
err:dbghelp:pe_load_dbg_file Couldn't find .DBG file "dll\\riched20.dbg" ("\xf0+T")
winedevice.exe(99365,0x401ff000) malloc: *** error for object 0x79be8dff: pointer being freed was not allocated

Thats the bug I found aswell and can be fixed with the solution I provided earlier. ;) GL
"
h3yn3s wrote:
"
"
Licoffe wrote:

Spoiler

Thats the bug I found aswell and can be fixed with the solution I provided earlier. ;) GL

Yeah, that unimplemented function msls31.dll.LssbFDonePresSubline, aborting line is definitely a missing library.
-----------------------------------------------------
Want to check out the price of your items? Check out http://poe-rates.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info