[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

Thank you so much for this port! Been using it for years at this point.
I seem to crash to the main menu every time the gate closes behind me at Daresso fight. Anyone else experiencing this?

Edit: I managed to get past the quest by having someone portal me in from inside the boss fight. Just in case anyone else is currently wrestling with it as well
Last edited by CyKii on Aug 2, 2015, 10:37:50 AM
Hi

There's a mistake when I start poe on my mac.
I download poe v6, unpack and drag poe to applications and then double click on it, but
I can't even start the game.

"
julus wrote:
Game won't start at all (no launcher appeared)

reboot the OS X (the /tmp will get cleaned along with the lock file)
Or if you are advanced user
delete the lockfile from /tmp (the lock file will be named like "xWSxUsersxUsernamexblablaxtadatatada.app" (but make sure there are not any hanged wine processes)

I've read these steps but the .app file just appears when I just double click poe, and then it's gone after seconds so I can't follow this solution.
http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/os-x-el-capitan-working-not-working-apps.1890772/
This page says that wine is working on OS X 10.11 so maybe it's not a problem about the compatibility.

The informations of my mac :
OS X 10.11 El Capitan Public Beta 4 (15A243d)
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13", 2014)
CPU : 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5
RAM : 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3
GPU : Intel Iris 1536 MB

LastRunWine.log
fixme:winediag:start_process Wine Staging is a testing version containing experimental patches.
fixme:winediag:start_process Please report bugs at http://bugs.wine-staging.com (instead of winehq.org).
Wine cannot find the FreeType font library. To enable Wine to
use TrueType fonts please install a version of FreeType greater than
or equal to 2.0.5.
http://www.freetype.org
fixme:ntdll:NtCreateNamedPipeFile Message mode not supported, falling back to byte mode.
fixme:ntdll:NtCreateNamedPipeFile Message mode not supported, falling back to byte mode.
or equal to 2.0.5.
or equal to 2.0.5.
or equal to 2.0.5.
err:wincodecs:PngDecoder_CreateInstance Failed reading PNG because unable to find libpng16.16.dylib
err:menubuilder:convert_to_native_icon error 0x80004005 getting frame 0
or equal to 2.0.5.
fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x0 1 0x0 0 stub
err:wincodecs:PngDecoder_CreateInstance Failed reading PNG because unable to find libpng16.16.dylib
err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"WLDAP32.dll": dlopen(/Applications/Path Of Exile.app/Contents/Frameworks/wswine.bundle/lib/wine/wldap32.dll.so, 258): Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/libldap_r-2.4.2.dylib
Referenced from: /Applications/Path Of Exile.app/Contents/Frameworks/wswine.
err:module:import_dll Loading library WLDAP32.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Grinding Gear Games\\Path of Exile\\PathOfExile.exe") failed (error c000007a).
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\Grinding Gear Games\\Path of Exile\\PathOfExile.exe" failed, status c0000135

Thanks for helping :)
Last edited by l83112006 on Aug 6, 2015, 4:08:50 PM
"
l83112006 wrote:
Hi

There's a mistake when I start poe on my mac.
I download poe v6, unpack and drag poe to applications and then double click on it, but
I can't even start the game.

"
julus wrote:
Game won't start at all (no launcher appeared)

reboot the OS X (the /tmp will get cleaned along with the lock file)
Or if you are advanced user
delete the lockfile from /tmp (the lock file will be named like "xWSxUsersxUsernamexblablaxtadatatada.app" (but make sure there are not any hanged wine processes)

I've read these steps but the .app file just appears when I just double click poe, and then it's gone after seconds so I can't follow this solution.
http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/os-x-el-capitan-working-not-working-apps.1890772/
This page says that wine is working on OS X 10.11 so maybe it's not a problem about the compatibility.

The informations of my mac :
OS X 10.11 El Capitan Public Beta 4 (15A243d)
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13", 2014)
CPU : 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5
RAM : 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3
GPU : Intel Iris 1536 MB

LastRunWine.log
fixme:winediag:start_process Wine Staging is a testing version containing experimental patches.
fixme:winediag:start_process Please report bugs at http://bugs.wine-staging.com (instead of winehq.org).
or equal to 2.0.5.
or equal to 2.0.5.
or equal to 2.0.5.
or equal to 2.0.5.
or equal to 2.0.5.
fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x0 1 0x0 0 stub
err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"WLDAP32.dll": dlopen(/Applications/Path Of Exile.app/Contents/Frameworks/wswine.bundle/lib/wine/wldap32.dll.so, 258): Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/libldap_r-2.4.2.dylib
Referenced from: /Applications/Path Of Exile.app/Contents/Frameworks/wswine.
err:module:import_dll Loading library WLDAP32.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Grinding Gear Games\\Path of Exile\\PathOfExile.exe") failed (error c000007a).
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\Grinding Gear Games\\Path of Exile\\PathOfExile.exe" failed, status c0000135

Thanks for helping :)

hmm :

or equal to 2.0.5.

Seems like Apple has removed some crucial components from the system. Is your system a clean installation of El Capitan, or upgrade from previous version?

Anyway need to take a proper look, however for the time being I am without my macbook, so I cannot reproduce/test (and its the reason why there wasnt any new wrapper from me so far).

"
julus wrote:

hmm :

or equal to 2.0.5.

Seems like Apple has removed some crucial components from the system. Is your system a clean installation of El Capitan, or upgrade from previous version?

Anyway need to take a proper look, however for the time being I am without my macbook, so I cannot reproduce/test (and its the reason why there wasnt any new wrapper from me so far).

My system is a upgrade from Yosemite, and when it was Yosemite I can play poe as well as on a pc.

I install freetype and libpng by homebrew after I set Xcode 7 beta as my default Xcode version.
If not setting the right version of Xcode homebrew can't install freetype or libpng at all because it can't compile c language.

It's still not working and I'll keep trying.
This may have already been answered, but I've downloaded both a recommended v5 and the test v6 version and tried them both but it won't seem to boot up. I downloaded it, double clicked to open (or unzip I guess?) it and then put it in my applications. Then when I try to double click it from there to boot it up, nothing happens. And yes I have already restarted my Mac as recommended. Any other suggestions, did I mess it up somehow or was there something else I was supposed to download beforehand? I'm a total novice to this so I wouldn't be surprised if I missed something. Mac version 10.9.5 btw so it should work from what I've gathered.
When I launch the game on my MacBook it pops the AirPlay dialog and tries to connect to my Apple TV. It seems it enters something in the password field and hits the OK button...

Anybody knows what's up with that?
Hi,

Dont know if this have been addressed before, but:

Having some fps spikes, even when opening the inventory for example. Any way around that?

Also, loadings are too long, anythingi can do about it? Between instances and the initial loading to open the game.

Nonetheless, amazing job...seems to work better than it was working on bootcamp. Thanks for that.

My specs:

Macbook Pro 15'retina, 8GB ram DDR3, 2.4GHz i7, OSX 10.9.5, GT650M 1GB. SSD memory.

I have not done ANY tweak at all for playing the port, so if there are any general newbies tips id appreciate.
all solved i think
Last edited by Sil3nTPeoN on Aug 10, 2015, 8:59:30 AM
"
Sil3nTPeoN wrote:
all solved i think

OMG! its not solved. it is stuck on the loading screen. i left it there for hours... i used the function show all windows. and i saw this message but i cant click on it. "Audio/Sound Effects/Skills/Trap/Flight_one_02.ogg": unable to create buffer:40963.

what is that?? please help!!!
"
Sil3nTPeoN wrote:
"
Sil3nTPeoN wrote:
all solved i think

OMG! its not solved. it is stuck on the loading screen. i left it there for hours... i used the function show all windows. and i saw this message but i cant click on it. "Audio/Sound Effects/Skills/Trap/Flight_one_02.ogg": unable to create buffer:40963.

what is that?? please help!!!

well i deleted the whole thing and downloaded it again. and did all the steps and it worked. and OMG the lag and loading time... no way to go hardcore or racing... but at least it is still playable. thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info