[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

"
julus wrote:
"
101Bobbie wrote:
But is it normal that the load times are like 20 minutes on startup and 10-15 minutes to load into the world?

In some cases yes, personally, the inital load takes 5 minutes, and level load takes max 1 minute to load (after clean OSX installation), before that it was double, but not as long as you are reporting (anyway, 10-15 minutes to load world little bit overestimated, game kicks you to lobby when taking more than 5 minutes to load)

Well, it's about 5 minutes loading and another 5 minutes or so before it loads the second frame :D
As it is now, not exactly playable. This might be the thing that finally pushes me over the edge to installing bootcamp.
"
101Bobbie wrote:
"
julus wrote:
"
101Bobbie wrote:
But is it normal that the load times are like 20 minutes on startup and 10-15 minutes to load into the world?

In some cases yes, personally, the inital load takes 5 minutes, and level load takes max 1 minute to load (after clean OSX installation), before that it was double, but not as long as you are reporting (anyway, 10-15 minutes to load world little bit overestimated, game kicks you to lobby when taking more than 5 minutes to load)

Well, it's about 5 minutes loading and another 5 minutes or so before it loads the second frame :D
As it is now, not exactly playable. This might be the thing that finally pushes me over the edge to installing bootcamp.

Yes, the port in current state is just to check if the game is "installing bootcamp" worthy
Yes i need help to i have the same problem and i cant find that file everyones talking about and i cant find where to manually cahnge the resultion please help im running a

Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB
Software OS X 10.8.2 (12C3103)

Mac OSX Please help :(
ik i have the same problem i have a mac osx
And i cant fine the file that makes you manually change ur resulotion please help me someone :(
ive had this problem for 2 weeks without any help :(
"
Haci127 wrote:
ik i have the same problem i have a mac osx
And i cant fine the file that makes you manually change ur resulotion please help me someone :(
ive had this problem for 2 weeks without any help :(

1) 10.8.2? the latest is 10.8.5 which included some fix for graphics drivers.
2) Read FAQ on 1st post - Game opens in too small window | Game does not want to enter fullscreen / Where to find and how edit production_config.ini?

If I am ignoring help request - that means that issue is already covered there multiple times (and often is in FAQ)
i got a macbook pro retina
8gb RAM DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 4000 1gb
i5 2.5 GHz
I use the 4.1.1B wrapper, and the game crashes like every 10minutes, but the strange thing is, it crashes with no reason, sometimes when nothing happens, and i got like 50-65 fps, the game crashes...
i tested every texture quality and everything, but the longest time i could play was like 20minutes...

i don't know how to solve that crashing problem...

*osx 10.9 mavericks
Last edited by pappmensch on Oct 30, 2013, 10:02:45 AM
Hi, i downloaded the other version of PoE (the one u talked about) but i still have the same problem.
I have read on the Internet that i should use a wrapper like wineskin, but i tried to use it and i failed, i don't know how to use it.
Do you have some advices?
Anyone else getting really high ping/frame time ms with the mac clinet?
"
Anyone else getting really high ping/frame time ms with the mac clinet?

frame time - you mean graphic lags? yeah those are affecting almost everyone, ping on the other hand should be ok.
For some reason my ping is really high for only Poe it will spike to 1600 every 5 seconds but with another game its fine

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info