[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

Hey guys, I seem to be having the same problem with everybody else with the D3ERR error. The create a character screen is black where you would see them standing in the boat (I can still click on them though). When I have created a character and go to load it waits a couple minutes then comes up with the D3ERR shader error.

I have followed the instructions on the first page and clicked enable glsl shader and run the program, it loaded and then said it was successful. After that I exited all wineskin windows and ran PoE. The D3ERR error came up again. I have tried it twice and reinstalled and it still happens.

My mac is running on 10.6.8 which I believe is Snow Leopard.
I have checked the requirements and my macbook pro definitely exceeds them.

Any ideas?

PS I have gone through every page looking for solutions, but sorry in advance if I have missed a fix for this problem, just please point it out :)
I have a retina macbook pro which switches between a dedicated card and an integrated one. Does this port know to use the nvidia card?
"
Colbycheese3 wrote:
Hey guys, I seem to be having the same problem with everybody else with the D3ERR error. The create a character screen is black where you would see them standing in the boat (I can still click on them though). When I have created a character and go to load it waits a couple minutes then comes up with the D3ERR shader error.

I have followed the instructions on the first page and clicked enable glsl shader and run the program, it loaded and then said it was successful. After that I exited all wineskin windows and ran PoE. The D3ERR error came up again. I have tried it twice and reinstalled and it still happens.

My mac is running on 10.6.8 which I believe is Snow Leopard.
I have checked the requirements and my macbook pro definitely exceeds them.

Any ideas?

PS I have gone through every page looking for solutions, but sorry in advance if I have missed a fix for this problem, just please point it out :)

What is your GPU? If you are using Intel, then the game does NOT work on snow leopard.
When i open path of exile on my mac i get through the launch screen ok, But when i get to the screen that says loading it gets supper small. then when i try and make it larger it gets pixelated. and when the login part loads the word are all jumbled..... can anyone help me with how to fix this??? Thanks in advance for any advice on how to fix this.
"
When i open path of exile on my mac i get through the launch screen ok, But when i get to the screen that says loading it gets supper small. then when i try and make it larger it gets pixelated. and when the login part loads the word are all jumbled..... can anyone help me with how to fix this??? Thanks in advance for any advice on how to fix this.

Did you try read the FAQ on 1st page? You didn't :P
Anyone know how to get comparing items to work? The FAQ it says cmd is the new alt and it works for keybinds and such, but to compare items by holding down the key neither alt nor cmd work.

Otherwise, great port! Thank you!
^ Cmd + hover mouse over item works for me. The item you want to compare to your equipped gear has to be in your inventory. You sure you picked the item up?
"
krifFinn wrote:
^ Cmd + hover mouse over item works for me. The item you want to compare to your equipped gear has to be in your inventory. You sure you picked the item up?

Nope, still doesn't work for me. Bleh... I wonder why. I tried reinstalling the client and everything.
Having huge lag spikes with ice shot and piety's lightning ball.
other than that everything is working great :)
hi

so after i played on os lion ( wich works really good) i decided to make a bootcamp windows.
( i want to play endgame and if ur client crahses 5 times in a map, no moore fun )

got really no probs with the bootcamp version, exept the frames drop every 2 seconds from 150 to 1-20.
any suggestions what i can do ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info