Are Orbs Drops effected by Item Quantity

"
dudiobugtron wrote:
So does that mean that if you have a high currency penalty, more non-currency items will drop instead?

The way i see it, the game goes through the following steps:

1. Check if an item drops
2. if previous check is passed: Check if the item is currency

Item quantity changes the first check, level penalty the second.

My rules-lawyering would say that the second check can either say "item is currency" or "item is no currency" and nothing like "too bad, you do not get an item after all because your level it too high" (remember, it is the first check that is the one to determine if an item drops at all). That means that a higher level penalty results in a higher count of regular items without changing the total count of items.
edit: deleted
Last edited by MrBubuX on Jul 28, 2018, 2:02:55 AM
"
MrBubuX wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
IIQ makes more items drop. It does not change the chances of any particular drop being an orb. Thus, since more items are dropping and each has the same chance to be an orb, you'll get more orbs overall. The same percentage of your drops are currency, so more drops means more total currency.

IIR only affects the rarities of dropped items (normal, magic, rare, unique). Since currency items have no rarity, it cannot affect them.

The only thing that specifically affects currency drop rates in relation to other items is the level penalty, which affects the drop rate of currency for being in an area of a level significantly different than your own. This prevents repeatedly steam-rolling low-level areas from being the best way to obtain currency. The exact mechanics of this penalty can be foudn in the mechanics thread.

I should be permabanned from the internet for necroing this thread but, does this still hold true?

There's some controversy going on here: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/8emgc0/iiq_vs_iir/

<3 GGG is love btw, amazing game.

Dude right behind ya too, any confirmation if this is still the case?

SlipperyJim our Hero challenging convention. might just be food for thought as there is a lot to be talked about how the data was gathered, but interesting still.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info