Say, don't we have an ugly logo?

"
gerey wrote:
It's fine by me, and I think they have more important things to do, than create a new logo.

Logo is a significant part of future success.
It's that something designed especially to create that Pavlov's dog reflex on the devoted gamer, for future years.
It's not essentisl, nor crucial, but it's still an important part of the whole creating a masterpiece process.
And, we all know, these guys are creating a masterpiece.
Proud Beta tester.
The only thing I would do is remove the glow from the typography. It's there to make the letters pop, but it really feels like a heavy-handed solution.

The textures and the font work well.
Old Tom Bombadil is a merry fellow,
Bright blue his jacket is, and his boots are yellow.
None has ever caught him yet, for Tom, he is the master:
His songs are stronger songs, and his feet are faster.
I think people have gotten too used to the logos of WoW, Torchlight and Diablo III. I think it's just fine and it actually fits the overall feel of the game really well. (of what I have seen so far, not in beta yet)
From a logo perspective I think it has to much detail if they could clean it up a bit it might stand out some more.
Needs rainbows!

No, but I think that its a little dull I have no work in design so I have no right to its good or not though.
For me logo is ok, even some people don't like it I don't think it'll make them not to play PoE so changings are pointless.
Last edited by Luqe on Aug 25, 2011, 3:06:14 AM
The only criticism I would give is the extreme use of "outside glow" on the text and poor blending. It could definitely get blended better to make the logo look like a logo and not a background with text hovering over it. Other than that I see no issue with it.
I think the logo is pretty good. I would be fine if it stayed how it is, not to say that it couldn't benefit from some improvement.
The logo is fine...

It screams of the gritty and dreary atmosphere one would anticipate from the game. So I'd rather not have a new shiny modern looking logo.

This does what it's intended to do. Why fix something that's not broken?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info