Contents of the 0.11.3 patch

"
thgz wrote:
with these exps ratios i think best solution is to do:
0-70 merciless 10-15% death penalty
70-80 idk 5-10% death penalty
80-100 1-5% death penalty
also leveling shouldt take that long too 100lvl... i think when GGG gonna implement full 3act it should be take like nowadays lvl to 0-90...Because its still be quite a feat to achieve that level, also on other hand it also raise morales for those who died and want start anew character in hardcore leagues, because leveling to 90 takes what 3-4 weeks of nolifing ? thats should be ok...even for hardcores.
P.S sry for offtopic about leveling issues.
P.S.S just internet forums are flooding with trolls who just like trolling like they do in blizzard forums, this too comment post above.

I very much agree with your "the % penalty should be based on level" suggestion. It makes sense.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
NefariousJosh wrote:
Looking forward to the new skill and microtransactions.
Interested to see what new crazy CI Uniques come out this week as well.

"
_PBS_ wrote:
BAD DECISION. That was NOT feedback from real players, those "we need 10%" whiners represented minor part of game audience, 5% or less. Here, take feedback from another 95% of players, who usually dont post on forums at all: we want 3%-8% penalty. Now go and make another news.

You're crying about 2%?
How much do you plan on dying? If you just learn to play, it wouldn't be a problem at all.

I am journalist in biggest russian game journal, so i am know how to play in games, thanks. And i am not crying, i just say that 95% of players against this decision, thats all. Whose opinion will be heard - 5% of geeks like you or 95% of normal players like me - it's up to developers.
"
_PBS_ wrote:
"
NefariousJosh wrote:

"
_PBS_ wrote:
BAD DECISION. That was NOT feedback from real players, those "we need 10%" whiners represented minor part of game audience, 5% or less. Here, take feedback from another 95% of players, who usually dont post on forums at all: we want 3%-8% penalty. Now go and make another news.

You're crying about 2%?
How much do you plan on dying? If you just learn to play, it wouldn't be a problem at all.

I am journalist in biggest russian game journal, so i am know how to play in games, thanks. And i am not crying, i just say that 95% of players against this decision, thats all. Whose opinion will be heard - 5% of geeks like you or 95% of normal players like me - it's up to developers.

95% is not an educated guess because u cant come to any conclusion based off forum post. how many ppl here that post in the forums are even 1% of the real amount of players that come ingame maybe once a month...go somewhere else pls...
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
"
leighferon wrote:
95% is not an educated guess because u cant come to any conclusion based off forum post. how many ppl here that post in the forums are even 1% of the real amount of players that come ingame maybe once a month...go somewhere else pls...

Its not a guess, its industry standart.
Nice, I alrdy planned a new incinerate char, I wanted to start prob. this weekend.

Beside this: 5/10 is a good amount. Especially the performance improvements are heavily needed (one reasons I play solo).

Will there be an option, that I can immensively turn down the (particle)effects, caused by groupmembers?

This would be rly awesome.

Good work.

Last edited by WUlf1337 on Jul 26, 2013, 4:06:12 AM
"
"
Mooginator wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
These are the same values used in other popular action RPGs, assuming the user fetched their corpse

This is incorrect. D3 is the most popular ARPG on the market and it has 0% experience loss penalty, and Torchlight 2 (probably the 2nd most popular ARPG selling 2+ million units) has a 0% experience loss penalty as well.

Diablo 2's experience loss penalty in Hell when fetching your body was only 2.5%.

Not sure how your team came up with "same vales used in other popular action RPGs"...

That does seem odd doesn't it? Chris and co claim to be "hardcore gamers", yet they get very basic information like this completely wrong. The information isn't even difficult to look up. I'm very confused by the thought process that led to Chris making such a ridiculous, and blatantly wrong statement like that. Was the thinking that if he spewed some random garbage out, people would be less likely to complain about the change?

"But Magnicon, why do you care that much?"
I care this much when head developers make statements that are completely wrong. Especially when they are using them as some kind of validation for changes they are making. When a game dev makes 100% bullshit statements, it shows a basic lack of respect.

"
What Happens When Your Character Dies?
In Diablo II, as in real life, death is something you should strive to avoid. If your Hit Points drop to zero during the game, you have died.

If you are killed, your character will lose a percentage of the total gold both carried and stored in the Stash. This percentage is equal to your character's level but will not exceed 20%. After this 'death penalty' is deducted, the rest of the gold your character was carrying falls to the ground in a pile. If the penalty exceeds the amount of gold you were carrying, the remainder of the penalty is deducted from your Stash. In Single Player, dying will not take away all your gold. No gold is lost from your Stash, and 500 gold per character level is exempt from the death penalty. For example, if a 10th level Single-Player character with 5,000 gold dies, he will lose no gold.

As an additional death penalty, your character will lose some experience if he dies while in Nightmare or Hell difficulties. You will lose 5% of the experience required to attain the next level on Nightmare and 10% on Hell, but you will never drop down to a lower level. In games of Diablo II: Lord of Destruction, if you recover your corpse at the location of its demise, you can regain 75% of the experience points you lost.

75% of 10% may leave you with a 2.5% loss, but keep in mind there is no "corpse" to fetch in Path of Exile, meaning that they are currently at the same base experience loss rate.

Also keep in mind it was likely heavily inspired by Diablo II, so if they wanted it to be more "hardcore", of course they'd have a harsher penalty in place.
Last edited by Zoen on Jul 26, 2013, 4:06:33 AM
Nice patch incoming, thanks!
I've just reached lvl 64 with an Incinerate witch (and it's fun) (no totem or LMP/GMP) and I hope that skill could punch a tiny crit soon. I'm eager to see the improvement though.

On a sidenote, I liked the 7.5%/15% XP loss even with the desync and the lag spikes ;)
IGN: Bourrinopathe | UTC +4
"
Bourrinopathe wrote:
Nice patch incoming, thanks!
I've just reached lvl 64 with an Incinerate witch (and it's fun) (no totem or LMP/GMP) and I hope that skill could punch a tiny crit soon. I'm eager to see the improvement though.

On a sidenote, I liked the 7.5%/15% XP loss even with the desync and the lag spikes ;)

15% exp lost for you is like what? 30 minutes of experience gain lost? Can you imagine how many minutes is lost at lv80, lv85 and lv90 :D?

This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
_PBS_ wrote:
"
NefariousJosh wrote:

"
_PBS_ wrote:

You're crying about 2%?

russian journalist must be bad... because clearly you aswell think you speak for the other 95%, as the minority on the forums do

double standards rule - especially in the same post -__-
ign HC: Arnold_Schwarzeneger
ign Nemesis: Svamp_i_fugen
From what I've read, a simple base reduction to the EXP penalties isn't going to make both sides happy, it just wont it goes in a never ending loop of others calling people babies/whiners/QQers and alike without having the knowledge of the real problem at hand, which is that it's so unbelievably expensive to progress past 80 and dying due to things that are simply out of your control IE: Desynch, Horrible lag with AMD cards, Constant d/c's etc are very disheartening at that level.

So with that being said, I don't think a little tweak is going to solve any issue at hand with that, instead I propose what another person mentioned earlier (Lost the post) which was to have a EXP reduction system based on level of the character because right now, paying a few alchs or farmining level 66 maps because you died on a low level character is a HUGE difference to paying more than a few exalteds on high level maps and chaos to roll them because you died on your level 90 Character to desynch. This is the reason I believe the community is so torn on the subject at hand, you have the higher levels saying 8% is still really high for dying to something you had no control over, and then you have the lower levels calling them babies because 8% is nothing for them farm back in there level 66 maps or the docks.

Edit: I have two level 90 Characters on standard that I can't bring any further without having a team throw maps and currency at me because of this, so please try to refrain from saying I don't know what I'm talking about.
IGN: DamagePerSecond
Last edited by youmadyo on Jul 26, 2013, 4:39:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info