Contents of the 0.11.3 patch

What? searing bond ok...but incinerate? incinerate is one of the best fire skills...What the fuck are you doing ggg...do you even play your game anymore? oh well...guess im going to faceroll even more with shit gear...

xp reduction? I hope your joking. i hope this is temporary until you fix dsync this is REDIC, you might as well make a new league and call is CASUAL and make it have no xp penalty. this is stupid your focusing on the wrong shit. ignore the little babys you have been successful without them no? so why accept to casualise your game. this is a huge downwards step towards ANOTHER childish ARPG. and then more twitch app fixing ARGGGG. i got a new pc to play this game. and i cant even play in party's yet. because 2fps in 3-full partys...as a lot of other supporters are...Would you be as kind as to put the casual player demands on hold for a bit? I am sorry if i seem mad. I am. I am tired of not being able to play and every time I see new patch its about useless stuff and not about fixing any dsync ( new "fix" made it worst tbh... )Or fixing the AMD ( occasionally geforce also ) fps drops... you guys need to set flags your jamming shit in an unstable game and not fixing what needs fixing...i cant even use my cosmetics...because your particle generation is obsolete, why not work on that instead of twitch and unique items? :(

~Just someone concerned about never again enjoying poe like he did....games getting too easy...working on wrong skills....wrong applications.

p.s GGG....I fucking hate you right now...il love you another day..but today...im mad as fuck I am outraged. you promised me (us) a non casual game that works. your building a casual game that's broken.

(deep inside...i still love you...I am just fucking mad...I am going to leave for a few days. I cant open the game.)
hit me up @sarrow lets have fun :D
The discrimination of XP loss according to level is an interesting idea. Although as you level up you also have the "obligation" to die less, so the fixed XP loss is good that way.

7,5% and 15% change to 5% and 10% was a good idea, way better than 3% and 8%, definitely. I think this may change again to 6% and 12% not far in the future. Or still 5% on Cruel, but 12% on Merciless.

Love the chat changes!!!
Amazing GGG, thanks for this fucking game
when i get spare money i'll surely spend it on this game! xD
new skill? are you talking about area damage for daggers/claws?
Dynamit,
Architekturkritik, die man tatsächlich sieht!

Farin Urlaub
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nz5q9
"
Lauicus wrote:
Personally I don't dislike the 15% penalty, I found the death-penalty makes the game exciting and less flat. It really gives me an incentive to keep improving my chars [...]. You can try things out anyway just after leveling up. Note that I'm a casual player having a job and other things to do, the penalty really hurts. So far all about personal preferences.

Well, if you explain it like that, i can accept and even (to a certain degree) understand your opinion. Still i disagree:

Of course, having no penalty at all wouldn't be good either. It might even mean that playing a build that doesn't die easily instead of a glass cannon would be ineffective and therefore trying not to die would be punished.
So basically that would be the same problem, just the other way around. I'm mentioning this just to make it clear that i'm not completely against a penalty.

15% or even "just" 10% or 8% is quite a lot though. Even around lvl 70 it's enough to discourage me from playing if i'm not completely focussed:
Once i had a bad day and thought i'd play a bit of PoE to relax and get my head clear. Of course in this state of mind, i wasn't really looking for a challenge, so i just went for some docks farming.
Not long after i started, i died because i didn't pay attention for 2 or maybe 3 seconds. Bam, 15% experience lost.
Well, shit happens, so i just went back to the docks and tried again and once again i died and so the 1/4 level i had made the day before was gone i only a few minutes and my mood got even worse. I then logged off and didn't play for a few days.

Of course you can say, that this is what makes the game challenging, but i disagree. There's much more challenge in PoE than just keeping your focus all the time and for people who want that feeling of constant danger, there is a hardcore league.

I (and i'm sure i'm not the only one) don't want that feeling though, i want to have fun planning a build, leveling a character and just trying out new things.
There's a reason why i don't play hardcore and it's not just because i'm too bad to make it there but mostly because i'm not willing to even try it! I like taking some risks and if i have to take some losses, that's fine.
But losing hours of grinding within just a few minutes of not playing as good as usually, that's just insane.
Or in other words: That's just a slightly milder version of what i don't like about hc.

Reducing the penalty from 15% to 10% is a small improvement but it doesn't change the fact that less than a minute of playing ineffectively, no matter if it's the players fault or not, can destroy hours of grinding.

I just don't see an appropriate balance here.

But afterall, now at least there is a real discussion on this topic and after thinking about it in a more calm state of mind than earlier today, i guess GGG will follow this discussion and develop a new system that encourages not dying while keeping the level of frustration for those who aren't such good players at a tolerable level. :)

(Yes, i admit that i'm not as good as many other players and tbh i don't even care. I wouldn't even care if this was something really important and not just a game...)
"
Wraeklops wrote:
new skill? are you talking about area damage for daggers/claws?

Cyclone, Lightning Strike, and ((Double Strike / Dual Strike / Flicker Strike / Frenzy / Puncture / Shield Charge) + Splash). Not including Whirling Blades, it seems more useful for positioning than actually hitting stuff.

Mostly, Melee Splash opened up a lot of options for claw / dagger, but I agree.. It'd be nice to have something a little more than just Cyclone, LS, or whatever flavor Splash you prefer. Something unique to claws and daggers, that cannot also be used with bows, maces, axes, swords... Well, pretty much everything else. My mind goes to some sort of cleave / puncture hybrid.. Eviscerate.. Seems to fit the flavor..
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
Sawm wrote:
What? searing bond ok...but incinerate? incinerate is one of the best fire skills...What the fuck are you doing ggg...do you even play your game anymore? oh well...guess im going to faceroll even more with shit gear...

xp reduction? I hope your joking. i hope this is temporary until you fix dsync this is REDIC, you might as well make a new league and call is CASUAL and make it have no xp penalty. this is stupid your focusing on the wrong shit. ignore the little babys you have been successful without them no? so why accept to casualise your game. this is a huge downwards step towards ANOTHER childish ARPG. and then more twitch app fixing ARGGGG. i got a new pc to play this game. and i cant even play in party's yet. because 2fps in 3-full partys...as a lot of other supporters are...Would you be as kind as to put the casual player demands on hold for a bit? I am sorry if i seem mad. I am. I am tired of not being able to play and every time I see new patch its about useless stuff and not about fixing any dsync ( new "fix" made it worst tbh... )Or fixing the AMD ( occasionally geforce also ) fps drops... you guys need to set flags your jamming shit in an unstable game and not fixing what needs fixing...i cant even use my cosmetics...because your particle generation is obsolete, why not work on that instead of twitch and unique items? :(

~Just someone concerned about never again enjoying poe like he did....games getting too easy...working on wrong skills....wrong applications.

p.s GGG....I fucking hate you right now...il love you another day..but today...im mad as fuck I am outraged. you promised me (us) a non casual game that works. your building a casual game that's broken.

(deep inside...i still love you...I am just fucking mad...I am going to leave for a few days. I cant open the game.)

Wow... The rage... It's... Well Holy Crap it's hilarious.

Listen people who think
"the casuals are getting their way, and how dare GGG cater a more casual crowd! It's RUINING THE GAME!"

They need a casual playerbase. They need a playerbase that doesn't play all the time. They need those people. It's a fact of business. If you want the hardcore feeling, you play hardcore. Otherwise, you need to come to terms with the idea that if PoE is going to be successful for a long stretch of time, it's going to take people paying money.

Now, Good on you people for the Ruler of Wraeclast Support, and the Regal Support, and all that jazz. That's awesome. You guys should be thanked for your money.

But eventually, that money is going to run out. And they are going to need other people to spend money. They are going to need people to buy things, and stash space.

And there are more casual people that play games, than hardcore people that play games.

I'm a bad player. I'm almost sure of it. Most of you would laugh and mock and ridicule me, because I'm not UBER LEET PWNZRZ, or whatever the young crowd says these days. I'm ok with that. I want to play the game. I like playing the game. I've never made it past Vaal without dying. That's it. I've always died to Vaal. I'm ok with that. I play solo. I occasionally group with friends. But I've spent money, and I plan on spending some more.

Servers, and programmers, and dev teams, and art teams, and Customer Service all cost money. That money, is made through microtransactions, and support packs with PoE. I want them to stick around. You want them to stick around. We both want the same things.

Flying into a blind rage "Because it's catering to the casuals" is a ridiculous attitude to have. This game wont last if it's just the hardcore players. And that's the end of it.

So if they make the XP penalty less, Who Cares? Who cares if you play Onslaught, and you're lvl90? Why should you care? You obviously, don't have much need for the Death Penalty anyway. It doesn't affect your gameplay experience.

But it does affect your game. It ensures that a section of the game's population continues to play, and that's a good thing.
Last edited by shoju on Jul 26, 2013, 11:50:59 AM
This game is a mist of Action, Rpg, and mmo.

This combination is really good, because we can have a complete game for everyone, my point is:

Exist a possibility of introduce guild or clan system?
With a possibility of create fortress or commun guild house, with the meetings, the guild safe, and other events that connect with pvp, and the challenges between guilds, isnt a bad idea at all?

And of corse increase the size of the citys and the areas with more common places and helpfull Npc's.

Im asking if the developers can consider evolve the game in the aspect of mmo too, or just in Action rpg?

We can have a epic game with all this 3 factors evolved.

What the comunity thinks abou it?

GGG FTW!

peace
"
Sugu wrote:
at least its not 8% loss.

I think in the next anarchy or softcore ladder you guys come out with

a death sets you back to 0%.

that would be quite exciting :)
hit me up @sarrow lets have fun :D
Last edited by Sawm on Jul 26, 2013, 12:06:27 PM

Report Forum Post