I really think you should reconsider not charging atleast something for the game

It seems pretty clear that intrest in your game has been far greater then you guys expected. Many of us don't have other games that we are interested in and would be more then willing to pay to play your game.

I am concerned that with microtransactions you guys won't have the revenue to improve your servers and that you will be forced to either settle for subpar server stability or consider adding things to the microtransactions list that more people will want (aka things that DO affect gameplay). Both of those things would really suck.

Personally I don't care about cooler character skins or spell effects so I probably won't use the microtransactions page.

I think you should deffinately sell larger stash sizes or only allow people to have 5 characters or something unless they pay to increase their number of character slots. I would also consider atleast a small fee for the game in the future.

Personally I am just extremely skeptical of free to play games and since Blizzard is ruining Diablo 3 I want PoE to last.

I can Haz BETA?
Yeh I agree with BattleSmurf. You should charge for the game (Not monthly) Just like I dunno say $15 for the download. It could improve the hosting and motivate you to make more content or maybe you could do a members thing like on Goonscape oh I mean Runescape.

Well anyway I and I am guessing many other would be glad to buy your game.
Steam: Braden01
I also agree.

This game really is raising the bar for this genre. Things like the way the mana/health potions work and the skill gems really are unique and make this a unique game.

Fair enough, if the game was just a clone with very similiar features of another game in this genre then F2P would probably be the way to go, but GGG are really on to a great thing here and I really believe they wouldn't lose many fans through charging for the game, they already have everyone hooked!
I would have to agree, a small fee or microtransactions is the way to go. If something is as good as PoE seems to be than you will only have positive results of going this way. I would indeed pay for PoE.
Yep, $10 - $15 would be a good price for the game. I'm always pretty suspect on F2P games. Also a good free demo upon release would be great to encourage buyers.
Stone Melons!
I see your point but ill be the first one to disagree :)

You get 10 times more peoples that tries out the game easily if its F2p, and if just 25% of those will generate paying customers its still a win - win. Also You will get a much larger and more healthy community around the game because it will be a large portion of the playerbase that pays nothing in this game. These peoples still "help out" because they add to the community, hype and advertising the game for even more players to try it out where some will be new paying customers.
The F2P model is extremely successful in online games. GGG has done their research.
"
Septile wrote:
The F2P model is extremely successful in online games. GGG has done their research.

Yes, it will be a totally winner if they stay the course and never go to "buy for power" path.
Yes F2P is a very successful structure, however consider the level of quality and depth PoE is bringing. Look at Terraria and its $10 price tag and consider the game has sold something like 700,000 copies in the few months it has been out. If PoE were to do something similar most people would GLADLY pay $10-$15 for a license and never look back.

I too worry about this games future with micro-transactions that are purely aesthetic in nature. If GGG is concerned about reaching a smaller audience with a price tag on the game I would suggest a free demo that spans say the first act only. This would be enough to hook any fan of the genre.
Micro transactions suck..but paying for the download..yes. I don't want to have to pay for anything once I buy the game!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info