Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

6th Hero?

Claws and daggers is where the INT/DEX hybrid tree leads right now. We'll see what comes of it, hopefully something that plays like a Diablo 2 Assassin.

There are still many skills to be put in the game though, and the tree is going to be revamped soon enough... so it's hard to say.
Joined Closed Beta 20th August 2011
Spellsword, calling it.
Character:

Strelok - Duelist [Default]

"
dopefish wrote:
Claws and daggers is where the INT/DEX hybrid tree leads right now. We'll see what comes of it, hopefully something that plays like a Diablo 2 Assassin.

I think so also
According skills in passive and items which are dropping for dex/int character, it seems to be some type of thief/assassin ..with some magic of course..I would guess Trickster or Shaman.
I would definitely like a 1 more spellcaster.
Some puremage, no pets, only raw magic.
I think it will be druid or something simillar.
As much as most of your ideas sound neat, currently the Int/Dex path leads to Claw-type weapons, that can be dual weilded, as well as some Evasion/Energy shield type items. Of course, this can all be reworked if the unannounced class is changed. Just letting you know what is currently in the game right now.

PS: Templar is your Spellsword/battlemage
-------------------------------------------------------------
Beta Tester Since: v0.9.0
Proud Host of Aug 2011 Fan Art Contest
-------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Mordliss on Aug 24, 2011, 10:43:24 AM
What do you Mordliss, think the new class would be? What kind of character would use claw weapons as his main? For an assassin it would look more plausible to use daggers, a necromancer would use wands I guess, I'm seeing a druid class more with staffs... I really have no idea :(
And how does the Intelligence connect with a character using claw weapons? A complete mystery that class is...
Last edited by Ana on Aug 24, 2011, 10:53:46 AM
What is; The witch doctor
As long as there are enough varied skills, which there probably will be (though I wouldn't be upset with seeing 120 -- equivalent to 20 per class -- or more), you can basically make whatever you want from whatever class.

Classes in PoE don't exactly work like similar games: they will do better in certain paths, but they CAN pretty much do anything. It's taking the systems of D1 to a new and more intriguing level.

Classes in PoE indicate, simply, what skills and attributes will be most effective for that class. It suggests a direction, but the player is still able to make the choices. For example, if you find the gear, you can make a pure Energy Shield Templar or Ranger, etc. It'll require passive skill-tree fiddling, but you can do it. Thus, things like a summoner are entirely player-built, rather than class-specific.
Old Tom Bombadil is a merry fellow,
Bright blue his jacket is, and his boots are yellow.
None has ever caught him yet, for Tom, he is the master:
His songs are stronger songs, and his feet are faster.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info