Unique Item List - 300 of 419

"
Rheakith wrote:
So even with the onslaught bonus, it only becomes a 450ish phy dps maul, with 1.5 aps. So to keep onslaught up, you need 50% crit chance with 2 aps etc, which isnt THAT easy for such a low base crit item, but get no bonus from critting.

IMO you would be better off with basically any other 2h weapon with 450 dps (you can get one for 1 ex) and either taking RT, or not taking it and having 50% crit chance, 85% chance to hit, and actually getting bonus crit damage.

I just dont see that weapon being good at all.

Is it better than Mahori?
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

maybe the 30-303 roll is a range one? maybe it goes much higher? maybe not...
Kudos to GGG on Kongor's maul. The first iteration that Kongor himself was definitely far off the mark and had everyone up in arms.

The past few posts debating whether this revised maul is OP (can't evade), interesting (onslaught), or just plain underpowered (low DPS for 2H) is exactly what I think you guys were trying to achieve.

All this while keeping to the flavour of the original maul.

Well played!
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
Rheakith wrote:
So even with the onslaught bonus, it only becomes a 450ish phy dps maul, with 1.5 aps. So to keep onslaught up, you need 50% crit chance with 2 aps etc, which isnt THAT easy for such a low base crit item, but get no bonus from critting.

IMO you would be better off with basically any other 2h weapon with 450 dps (you can get one for 1 ex) and either taking RT, or not taking it and having 50% crit chance, 85% chance to hit, and actually getting bonus crit damage.

I just dont see that weapon being good at all.

Is it better than Mahori?

Not really.

Slightly more potential damage, but only if you have enough crit and attack speed to keep onslaught up. Saves you the points to get RT which isnt much, but costs you more points getting enough crit.

I don't think either weapon is particularly good when you can get as much dps without the downsides on a 2h for 1 exalt these days. Neither weapon is "end game" but possibly good for entry level map items.

"
"
What the fuck is that claw? 8 life on hit with spells at lvl 37? Even if that rolled up to 15-20 it would still be next to worthless. It would be useful if it made LoH apply to spells. Before you cry "incinerate" remember that life on hit is scaled with damage effectiveness... 2 life on hit? This is even terrible at level 1.
6% spell damage per 5% block chance gets you 90% if you have max block. Considering there are mediocre rares that give you that much, I don't see how this could be useful either (can't say 90% is good at lvl 37 either - you aren't getting max block at that level).
And to top it all off, 2 shitty caster rolls.

If this was made by a supporter, I would probably be embarrassed if I were them. In fact I would be equally as embarrassed if I were the dev that made it. I understand that this unique is supposed to be thematic, but thematic shouldn't mean complete useless garbage.

The problem is the devs see a game that you don't. That I don't. There is every chance the supporter wanted 'more' power but that some interaction of unseen factor prevented that.

You genuinely don't know what you're talking about by virtue of the fact that I'm fairly sure you've never designed a unique item with GGG, never had to thrash it out with them regarding balance and utility, so ease off with the accusations and insults please.

None of those are accusations or insults. They are opinions and facts (I may be wrong about LoH on gear and damage effectiveness, but I am looking into that. Even if I was, the point still stands). All I did was break down the stats and compare them to comparable items. I briefly (I could have written a novel with more explanations - but I want to actually sleep tonight) stated my opinions about the item. As far as I know this thread is for discussing uniques and I decided I would contribute (as much as I deeply hate where this game is and has been going, I am still hopeful for the future, so I don't plan to just leave). If my contribution came off as too aggressive or offensive I genuinely apologize, I really did do my best (and failed) to not make anyone mad.

I see that many people dismiss me as a troll; I guess that is the easy way out. I think most don't even read the post past the first 'curse' word. Some people just are not very intelligent (also not an insult - simply an observation based on the things that people post). But I am always happy to reply to you Charan.

Saying I would be embarrassed if I had been the one to produce this item is hardly an insult, but I guess anything can be taken as such.

If you are taking this personally because this is one of yours, I just expressed my opinion on it. I think it really is garbage. I like your swords though, alot, if that is any consolation.

As for not having designed a unique, I don't see why that why that would affect my ability to judge the usefulness or quality of an item. I've still played the game as much as any other person. It is always possible that a slightly better version of a unique is too powerful for certain builds in internal testing, but the stats are simply so abysmal that I can't see any point in this item in its current state. I don't think that I am obligated to have every single fact possible before weighing in, and I consider performance in internal testing quite a small factor.

In other news..
The maul is obviously weak for endgame in terms of raw deeps but if you can manage good enough accuracy and crit chance, onslaught is actually quite powerful.
Impossible to tell anything about the map without going inside. The description of Actons didn't indicate that it had a unique theme.
Low level maul with that amount of stats is actually obscene. Geoffries probably still beats it but chances a lot of ground slam marauders need dex and int.
New summoner unique weapon was very much needed. That or more summoner mods for rares.
On the other hand that zombie summoner item is godly. Finally a summoner build that doesnt have to rely on spectres or minion instability for damage.
"
"
WOT

Eh, no. I don't take these things seriously. I get much more upset when my fellow designers get needlessly attacked and, as I have shown with my little Infernal Mantle/Shavronne's Wrappings crusade, I WILL go to bat for them if I feel they're being unfairly treated. Heck, I sometimes take more umbrage than they do -- again, NuclearRaven wasn't that bothered by the hate but that didn't mean it needed to be let go.

I see more unfair treatment here. You call someone's unique 'Complete garbage'? That's an insult. You might not think so, but it is.

I appreciate your efforts to not be offensive but you're still a little shy of a tone that doesn't in some way come across as a little antagonistic.

And I don't mean to use the word here in the moderation sense. Just that...it's a little insensitive and incensing, is all.

I'm not sure what crusade you are talking about but Shavronne's Wrappings is another big probem unique. Infernal Mantle seems fine to me, although usually builds which want to deal fire damage don't want to lose 25% of their fire damage to chaos conversion so it seems somewhat contradictory.

If I post something that doesn't have an antagonistic tone, I consider that post a failure. Why would I waste time posting just to say "good job"? The entire world has a big enough ego already.
there are so many low lvl uniques and i just don't understand why people keep making more. i'm so disappointed with that claw. i've been expecting a nice claw for high level because i'm tired of only having bloodseeker.

EDIT: i tried to come up with a dual claw build that could use that loh on block and it's useless. most of the dw passives give you physical damage and you can't reach max block with dw. with 1h/shield it's simply just a waste since you're better off with a regular wand or void battery :/
My Build http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/496321
Gear shops thread: 486133 and 460916
Jewelry shop thread: 512124
IGN: Elyf
Last edited by inamory on Sep 6, 2013, 4:15:25 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Sorry, I've already lost this fight - the desire to have the mod on a single line won out over the desire for the mod to be fully informative.
Enemies exploded by zombies via Grasp will deal 20% of their life as fire damage to other nearby enemies. We couldn't fit the value in without it wrapping, or dropping other important info (such as that it was dealing damage, or the type of said damage). This has been relegated to a thing people have to look up on the wiki.

No, you're going to go back to whoever was against you and slap them, even if it's Chris.
Anybody who was for one line over full information, but without it being secret information that isn't meant to be known is never acceptable in a game that is so literal and specific about every mod, should consider the game that this is. This isn't a carryalong "Increases fire damage!", "Deal extra physical damage!" type of game. This is a "x-y more Z under A circumstance" type of game when it comes to describing things.

This should never happen again and should be changed.
Never for any minor aesthetic reason like this should information be intentionally withheld from people who play the game, but not from people who are on the wiki.

Even more, when i get a unique, i don't want to go "What the fuck does that mod do, i can't even tell if this item is going to be good". That's not exactly a good response to be getting out of people when the item drops.

Xendran, come on. It takes 2 min to look it up on the wiki after which you will know and you will be grateful that you dont have to look at the extra info every single time you see the item.

If they wanted to do something cool in game they could make a command like "/info onslaught" and a description would pop up in the chat window. Would that even be hard to implement?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info