Point Blank

A) If I have the Point Blank keystone passive skill and I add the Point Blank support gem to a ranged attack, will the modifiers for the passive skill and the support gem stack, giving double bonuses and double penalties?

B) If I have the Point Blank keystone passive skill and I use a support gem that generates second-generation projectiles (such as Fork or Chain), do the second-generation projectiles gain any modifiers from Point Blank?
"
Ladderjack wrote:
A) If I have the Point Blank keystone passive skill and I add the Point Blank support gem to a ranged attack, will the modifiers for the passive skill and the support gem stack, giving double bonuses and double penalties?

B) If I have the Point Blank keystone passive skill and I use a support gem that generates second-generation projectiles (such as Fork or Chain), do the second-generation projectiles gain any modifiers from Point Blank?

A: No. Can't double dip with any Keystones.

B: I believe they gain the bonus from point blank when created (if ice spear and fork/chain are anything to go by)
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark
"
ciknay wrote:
I believe they gain the bonus from point blank when created (if ice spear and fork/chain are anything to go by)

Can you elaborate on this? Ice Spear is a spell and Point Blank affects attacks so I'm not sure what you're saying here.
"
ciknay wrote:

B: I believe they gain the bonus from point blank when created (if ice spear and fork/chain are anything to go by)

Im not 100% sure but i think they dont.

Because their damage is based on the initial first hit which is already buffed or debuffed by Point Blank.

And of course it only works on skills that require a wand or a bow, so it wont work on spells.
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me.
Last edited by KalHirol on Jul 23, 2013, 12:49:01 PM
"
KalHirol wrote:
Because their damage is based on the initial first hit which is already buffed or debuffed by Point Blank.

Ahhhhhh, so the secondary projectiles are modified by the Point Blank implicitly because their damage is based off of the primary attack (which is, of course, modified by Point Blank to start with). Is that correct?

edit: Super fucking helpful of the mods to move this post to a forum backwater that gets no traffic. Guess I'll have to confirm this on my own. Thanks a bunch.
Last edited by Ladderjack on Jul 23, 2013, 6:29:52 PM
"
Ladderjack wrote:
No. A skill either has Point Blank or does not.

"
Ladderjack wrote:
Yes. It's projectile attack damage, so is affected. Chain is, for all intents and purposes, the same projectile continuing to new targets. The total distance it's travelled is used to calculate damage.

"
Ladderjack wrote:
Super fucking helpful of the mods to move this post to a forum backwater that gets no traffic. Guess I'll have to confirm this on my own. Thanks a bunch.
Yes, it was nice of them to move this to the correct forum, where it would actually be seen by a dev and get a definitive response, wasn't it. I'll pass on your appreciation to the team.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Ladderjack wrote:
Super fucking helpful of the mods to move this post to a forum backwater that gets no traffic. Guess I'll have to confirm this on my own. Thanks a bunch.
Yes, it was nice of them to move this to the correct forum, where it would actually be seen by a dev and get a definitive response, wasn't it. I'll pass on your appreciation to the team.

This is the first time a dev has replied to a post in this 'forum backwater' in two days. It was easy to tell, because two days was only one page ago in the topic list.

I know you can't (and shouldn't) reply to every thread, and I know that the fact that you replied to this one suggests you read many of the others too. But you can understand why someone might get the impression that 'Gameplay help' doesn't get much traffic, dev or otherwise.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Ladderjack wrote:

This is the first time a dev has replied to a post in this 'forum backwater' in two days. It was easy to tell, because two days was only one page ago in the topic list.

I know you can't (and shouldn't) reply to every thread, and I know that the fact that you replied to this one suggests you read many of the others too. But you can understand why someone might get the impression that 'Gameplay help' doesn't get much traffic, dev or otherwise.
It gets a lot more than general discussion, which is where I assume this was moved from. Moving the thread here to where it belongs gives it by far the best chance of being correctly answered. If someone actually wants a good answer to a question about gameplay/mechanics, this is literally the best place for the thread to be.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jul 23, 2013, 9:56:15 PM
"
Ladderjack wrote:
"
ciknay wrote:
I believe they gain the bonus from point blank when created (if ice spear and fork/chain are anything to go by)

Can you elaborate on this? Ice Spear is a spell and Point Blank affects attacks so I'm not sure what you're saying here.

What I meant by that is that Ice Spear has to re-create to its second form (the high crit chance one) after it's been forked/chained.

So My guess was that PB would affect it because it's resetting the timer.

Which was confirmed by mark.
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Ladderjack wrote:
No. A skill either has Point Blank or does not.

"
Ladderjack wrote:
Yes. It's projectile attack damage, so is affected. Chain is, for all intents and purposes, the same projectile continuing to new targets. The total distance it's travelled is used to calculate damage.

"
Ladderjack wrote:

Sorry about the snap response. . .I'm dealing with health issues these days that make my patience hard to come by (and I am married so most of my remaining patience is spoken for. ~wink~) Still no excuse. . .I'll try to be more considerate in the future.

I used to comb the General Discussion forum looking for a chance to answer questions from new players. It is a great way to learn about what is undeniably a rich and complex game system. I wonder if it might be a good idea to link the Gameplay Help forum in the Forum menu on the site menu bar. Even as I write this, I see at least four posts on the General Discussion first page that would qualify for migration to this forum.

/$0.02

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info