0.11.2d Patch Notes

"
DannyColes wrote:
This has now created a bug for me and a friend when starting to stream. We choose settings and then start the stream. It starts connecting and then doesn't connect. It just goes to saying that it's ready to stream.

i got the same issue.

connection to server
ready to stream
start stream
connection to server over and over !
IGN : QueenLeona
"
giampster wrote:
"
DannyColes wrote:
This has now created a bug for me and a friend when starting to stream. We choose settings and then start the stream. It starts connecting and then doesn't connect. It just goes to saying that it's ready to stream.

i got the same issue.

connection to server
ready to stream
start stream
connection to server over and over !

This is caused by certain aspect ratios and will be fixed in the next patch.
I can stream fine at 720P, but selecting 360 or 480 simply does the "testing connection, ready to connect) over and over again. Switching to 720P resolves this. Tested with auto and 1000-2000 bit rate.
IGN = Dellusions_Duelist
"
Dellusions wrote:
I can stream fine at 720P, but selecting 360 or 480 simply does the "testing connection, ready to connect) over and over again. Switching to 720P resolves this. Tested with auto and 1000-2000 bit rate.

This is probably the same aspect ratio bug that is fixed for the next patch. Cheers.
HELLO, another update for twitch but nothing yet regarding desyncs?

Planning on doing something soon? Or hoping that new players thanks to twitch will be more than people quitting because of desync?
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
Last edited by diebymee on Jul 18, 2013, 2:48:42 AM
"
wxyjac wrote:
So if there's a exploit or bug that needs to be quick-fixed after a major patch; one can actually stay logged in and continue to abuse that exploit?

No, this approach allows them to fix client side bugs without restarting the server. Previously this wasn't possible. If they release a fix that also requires an update to the server then the server will kick everyone and not allow old clients to log in. If someone manages to get an old client to log in, performing an exploit that was fixed will likely either crash your instance or disconnect you from the server due to the client performing stuff that is simply no longer possible server-side.

It would be stupid to allow exploits to continue.

Edit: I'm also unsure if this allows them to update the Server without needing a Client update.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Jul 18, 2013, 5:10:26 AM
Has anyone experienced crashes when switching between POE and then coming back to it?
From what I can see, the moment you switch back to POE, it disconnects you with unexpected error. It happens every time I switch to my other desktop.
"
diebymee wrote:

Planning on doing something soon? Or hoping that new players thanks to twitch will be more than people quitting because of desync?

Everything was fine for me until this patch got pushed. Now I am rubber-banding all over the place, disconnecting every five minutes or so, and seeing latency spikes >1 second. None of this was happening until 11.2D.
RF is causing ES to spaz out and make that noise again after last night. please fix it, it's so annoying I have to mute my sound.
IGN: TsukiZap
"
Sojyn wrote:
"
diebymee wrote:

Everything was fine for me until this patch got pushed. Now I am rubber-banding all over the place, disconnecting every five minutes or so, and seeing latency spikes >1 second. None of this was happening until 11.2D.

Perhaps this new "technology" isn't working as smoothly as hoped? Perhaps the combination of users using old and new versions of the client are for unknown reasons, placing unintended extra stress on the server?
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info