Upcoming global chat system changes

Along with those changes to the global chats, can it also be changed so all chat messages aren't written to the Client.txt log file (in the logs directory). During my play sessions it gets multiple updates per second - for chats that I normally have hidden.

Besides the ever growing log file (60MB+ when I first noticed), I happen to have the game installed on a SSD and all of these small updates to the file are causing a bit of unnecessary wear (although minor).
"
Zoen wrote:
"
In addition, trade and global channels will be disassociated from each other, so the trade channels will only have people who actually choose to view them.

Isn't this how it already is? Besides, the last I checked, Trade chat is pretty much just people spamming buying/selling things; there's hardly a way to get an effective price check asking anywhere.

I know it's a barter economy and all, but if what someone's wanting to pay for something is far, FAR lower than what 95% of everyone else is willing to pay, then why take less and run the risk of the buyer deciding to immediately re-sell it for profit?

Yes that is our trade chat utterly usless

Didn't ppl get loged out if they spamed at some point in the beta ? that would be nice to get back

and groupe finder is also usless atm it is 80 % wts spamming!

The idea of battering is cool but we need someone to fuck up kill the spamers
THANK YOU!!! :D

VG
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
<redacted>
Personal Item Filter(s):
https://www.pathofexile.com/item-filter/Rxpet8
Last edited by Censurri on Feb 9, 2021, 11:05:09 PM
Very nice on the global chat changes. Might actually be able to hold a conversation now. I might not want to play with other people, but I wouldn't mind chatting here and there.

But this...
"
In addition, trade and global channels will be disassociated from each other, so the trade channels will only have people who actually choose to view them.

This I don't understand at all. Trade and Global are already separate channels, and both are opt-in via the options menu. What exactly is different now?

Edit: Nevermind that second part, found an explanation. Change is no longer clear as mud.
Last edited by Nobake on Jul 17, 2013, 12:39:52 AM
I can finally turn Global chat back on! Yes!
"In a state of physical balance and security, power, intellectual as well as physical, would be out of place."
- H. G. Wells, The Time Machine
Timestamp plz.
Great news.
The chat should have TABBED chat windows, like you know, chat clients have had for two decades at least now. So you can separate them, move them around, etc.
Last edited by TroySpiral on Jul 17, 2013, 2:06:13 AM
"Based on feedback from users"
thats why i like GGG
"Brutus transformed himself out of fear. Fidelitas did so out of love."

sdfsdfsdf name already exist O_O

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info