Monster Accuracy and Evasion changes in 0.11.2

"
Athoy wrote:
No, no, no. I am not confused about the synergistic interactions between Vaal Pact and doing large burst damage and/or critting.

Ok dude, let me get this straight: the potential non-LG users is limited to bow crit users (which are pretty much being forced to take vaal pact anyway, yeah, that was kinda offtopic and was never the main point of the post lol), I don't think this patch will change that. That was the whole point.

But we will have to wait to see that I guess.
"
Romzen wrote:
Why does the chance to hit have to decrease the higher my character is levelled? Does this make any sense? I am supposed to get better and not worse, ain't I?

Also please fix the bug that people can lower the reserved amount of mana by shortly equipping Alpha's Howl.

And I would really appreciate an option to switch off skill effects. They are killing my gpu.

your chance to hit doesnt go down, your armour doesnt go down either despite your % damage reduction figure going down with every level. All those stats are calculated against an average white monster at your level.

If you are lvl50 and have an 84% chance to hit a lvl50 monster and an 83% chance to hit a lvl51 monster, your chance to hit will show 84% until you level, then it will show 83%. but you still have an 84% chance to hit a lvl50 and 83% for 51, always will. Maybe when you get to lvl75 you will be showing a 70% chance to hit, but it will still be an 84% chance against a lvl50 monster.
"
How about a node in the ranger area for evasion characters that makes you immune to one-shotting. For example: my char has 100hp, i get hit for 200, instead of dying your health would be reduced to 1hp, or to 10% of max life, make it so this effect could only happen once every 30 seconds or something. This would help alot without changing the essence of dexterity defence

Sorry guy, but that would be the apex of stupidity and the most supreme n00b node ever to be.
Fear of getting 1-hitted is what should keep rangers on their toes.
But, as I have mentioned already in the past, the gameplay mechanics of the ranger are screwed, due to the fact that passive evasion alone will get you killed sooner or later, no matter what.
The passive evasion has to be supported by active evasion skills like Vault or Smoke Screen in D3.
WB does that in part, but due to GGG's inability to implement correct-working fast movement skills in their game (because of desync and stubborn game design decisions), the ranger gameplay (IR wtf) will remain fucked up and bloody lethargic in comparison.

You dismiss it, saying its completely stupid yet you give only 1 half assed arguement.
"
How about a node in the ranger area for evasion characters that makes you immune to one-shotting. For example: my char has 100hp, i get hit for 200, instead of dying your health would be reduced to 1hp, or to 10% of max life, make it so this effect could only happen once every 30 seconds or something. This would help alot without changing the essence of dexterity defence

The trouble is, this would be something everyone would want to take, Evasion-based or not. There would have to be some sort of downside to it.
the only issue I see with dex based builds is that their benefit is not seen by the player. Unlike its cousins INT and STR, we see an improvement by getting INT in more mana and STR in more health. With DEX, we see nothing.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
The whole evasion mechanic is dumb. Actually, rather the whole one-shot mechanics is super dump in a game where evasion is present.

One-shotting is the worst thing you've done GGG, easily, nothing else comes even close.

P.S. Would like to see evasion-based character doing maps in HC. Until then, the whole thing is a fail.
Buffing Evasion is all well and good, but if both Evasion and Armor don't work vs. crits, there's a problem here. Armor is more or less ignored on Crits, and Evasion has 2 chances to avoid it, but can still get 1-shot. At least Armor isn't *sure* to get you killed eventually.

1 Shots and Reflect SUCK. I play an EK Crit Based char. My damage comes from crits. It's not something I can avoid. And if I crit a Phys. Reflect pack, even with Granites and Molten Shell, I go SPLAT.

Armor works.
Hybrid Armor + Evasion works.
Evasion does NOT work alone - you need at the very least a Granite Flask.

Has it occured to you that you HAVE to use a Granite Flask to survive if you have Evasion or just ES? It's not optional.

*hey, even my Draft is out of sync!*
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Jul 13, 2013, 12:44:26 PM
perhaps we should tell ggg how we feel evasion would work better. i for one would luv to see added mechanics to evasion and 1-3% increase per dex. whats wrong with dodge/acrobatics...20% of 1 chance is puny compared to loosing 50% of 2.

added mechanics:

1. more chance to not receive a critical strike(exact wording)(based off luck roll and small percentage more chance to evade the crit). this way its not damage mitigation. it is rolling dice which is what evasion is.
2. more small dodge nodes 3-5% without negative downside.
3. evasion should mirror resolute technique in reverse, as though the monster gets farther and farther away from 100% chance to hit with resolute technique. look at the difference between a resolute technique character and one without it and add that same math chance to already existing evasion mechanic. mirror that keystone as a model for increasing evasion and u will have a winner. it seems now that its getting closer to that by removing accuracy from mobs but thats just a quick gimp fix to a bigger problem.

[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
Last edited by leighferon on Jul 13, 2013, 2:20:57 PM
"
Chris wrote:
"
SavageMinnow wrote:
I don't think this actually does anything about the fact that evasion-based characters get 1shot by enemies with high damage if they land a hit.

This is why we have evasion help mitigate crits. At the end of the day though, the mechanic is designed to be a boolean defense like that. It's certainly something we could change in the future (glancing blows?) but not yet. Please try out the new changes and let us know what you think.

One thing that might help is a passive or two that turn a percentage of incoming damage into D.O.T damage. Dex based characters would still have to take the full damage, and it could even be MORE damage stacked as they survive to get hit more, by more enemies, but it would give them potentially the time to run, hit a flask or ten, or portal back to town.

I can imagine a dex based character dodging, weaving in and out, and getting hit anyway, bruised and bleeding he takes as much or more damage as anyone else, but it lands on him slowly and he is feeling the damage longer, still taking "hits" long after the enemies have gone to the grave.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info