(Aug 18 NZT) One-hour Cut-throat Event

I feel the Terraces should be private for everyone.

I had 20 minutes of lvl 1 PVP that completely slowed me down since we couldn't really kill each other and the fights were taking forever.

I told these people they are just wasting both of our time, the thing JUST started and we have barely any gear/XP but they just kept nagging. It was 2-3 different people.

I never had that happen to me in the other cut throat events and it was very annoying. It effectively removed me from the game since after I finally got passed the Terraces many people had some good gear and levels already and I didn't even get a chance to finish a first set let alone stash a "death" set of gear.

Privatize the Terraces, that's my only feedback for now.

This will stop annoying circumstances like what happened to me and it will allow people who don't get a chance to stash gear (not because they didn't, but because they were killed repeatedly before they got to that point) to build back up a little bit.

It's worth a test run at least, don't you think GGG?
|____________ G . L . O . W . Y . R . M ____________|
< My PoE career highlight, Being beat by Throzz, hehe >
||||||\\\\\~ http://tinyurl.com/2ndPlaceToThrozz ~/////||||||

Last edited by Glowyrm on Aug 18, 2012, 1:40:40 AM
"
Murch wrote:
Haven't actually gotten a chance to play in any of these, but wouldn't it make more sense, if there were a score counter, for it to be 'Gained exp from player kills'? This kind of ranking would encourage going after more than you can chew for bigger rewards and discourage solely pve rushing or camping low level areas. Just an idea I had that I thought was an elegant solution to a few problems.

That has already been implemented.
I'm BACK :)
"
Coldet wrote:
"
Murch wrote:
Haven't actually gotten a chance to play in any of these, but wouldn't it make more sense, if there were a score counter, for it to be 'Gained exp from player kills'? This kind of ranking would encourage going after more than you can chew for bigger rewards and discourage solely pve rushing or camping low level areas. Just an idea I had that I thought was an elegant solution to a few problems.

That has already been implemented.

Oh whoops, really? Carry on then. *whistles*
"
skateblind wrote:
With the current setup of this event, if you die once then your game is over essentially, so if you want people to keep playing after the first death, then make some changes. Changes like having 1 safe area to get new gear, not allowing certain levels to enter certain areas and preventing people being killed by the same person or group the whole time(essentially griefing).

Not necessarily. Party members and the stash are your best friends in Cut Throat.
"
"
skateblind wrote:
With the current setup of this event, if you die once then your game is over essentially, so if you want people to keep playing after the first death, then make some changes. Changes like having 1 safe area to get new gear, not allowing certain levels to enter certain areas and preventing people being killed by the same person or group the whole time(essentially griefing).

Not necessarily. Party members and the stash are your best friends in Cut Throat.

Random players in a party can be unrealiable and even turn on you, something which has happened to me before.
You can only stash so much and unless you get really lucky with drops you still have the same problems I have mentioned. If people who are much higher levels or better geared are allowed to ruin the game for the ones just trying to leave town and find any kind of gear, then the event stops being fun. That is the point right? To have fun? No? Maybe it is just me... ;)
It wouldnt be so unfair if it was a HC Cut-throat league, then there would be no need to cater for people who had already died. That said, it might not work out in the long term, but I really enjoyed the 90 minute events that we were doing before. Is there any reason you shortened them?

Wow, I never knew there was a /deaths command!

Cut-throat is not PVP, the consequences for death are MEANT to be severe. Of course its unfair that you drop all your equipment and the person who killed you picks up your stuff and destroys it all (or uses it), but why should the consequences for dying in cut-throat not be severe? The mechanics in this league aren't meant to baby-sit you
They don't have to balance this kind of event. Low level pvp won't be interesting for long anyway.

Arenas are going to be so much better.
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
Yesterday I was partecipating to the Cut-throat event,
it was fun since invasions from other players started.

The first 2 solo dueling when quite good .....we were both same level ....one i won and one i lost ....no problemos.

When I reached mud flats ( i was lvl 4 or 5 dont remember now) I just couldn't continue because campers where waiting at the wp and they were lvl 10 so 5-6 level higher,
I tried anyway to fight but ofc ....no chance to win against 5 lvl higher than you.

Can I advice GGG to set a limit level when you pvp ?
I can accepts campers that wait for you at the wp , but I can't agree to have fight vs 5-6 level higher than you.

I was a bit sad to see how pvp is still messy and unbalanced, hope that with future patchs will be more balanced.
Level limit should be 20% of your level as maximum difference, so a level 10 can fight level 8-12 and level 70 can fight 54-84
I like Struyk's concept. The idea of making it level-relevant for pvp is very intriguing. There are of course the players that want to progress to a moderately high level and grief the lowbies, but I think his idea holds water.

Not letting people go too far out of their own level will force people to either control their exp by killing themselves off (not a problem for HC players) or will force the griefers to only target people *somewhat* close to their level.

I guess it's up to GGG whether or not they want that in the game. I'm not a dev, but I agree with Struyk in principle - pvp should have a level limit, and it should be a percentage of your own level so that higher level/more dedicated players are rewarded with a larger pool of people to fight against.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info