Will this be on steam?

I'm sure it would get more people playing and since its going to be free to play I'm sure valve would be more than glad to have you on there...
[url]http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/4561[/url] - Don't force me to lick my owner to death GGG do the right thing! :)
You're onto something...
This would be very nice to see...
~ Mylo
No. Search before you post. There was JUST a thread about this and it would be completely pointless.
Yeah, remember all those people who installed Steam when Team Fortress 2 when F2P to try out the game?

Would like to see that as well here with PoE? Full of idiots?
I am the greatest
"
vintorez wrote:
Yeah, remember all those people who installed Steam when Team Fortress 2 when F2P to try out the game?

Your grammar is so bad that I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

Steam would take cuts of all of PoE's profits and make updating the game a ton harder. I'm sure there is more negativity that goes along with steam that I don't care enough to find out about. The only benefit is advertising, which may not be a problem considering its a couple weeks into closed beta and they have >60,000 people interested.
That makes some sense. I was just about to ask a similar question as I saw this game on steam wayyyy back and just went to look for it again today and it was gone. I've got to say really looking good. Just registered for the forums today and considering getting a beta support package.
"
"
vintorez wrote:

Your grammar is so bad that I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

Steam would take cuts of all of PoE's profits and make updating the game a ton harder. I'm sure there is more negativity that goes along with steam that I don't care enough to find out about. The only benefit is advertising, which may not be a problem considering its a couple weeks into closed beta and they have >60,000 people interested.

Only benefit is advertising? Bring lots of stupid people into the game? Are you both silly?

While yes, getting the patches through and steam taking some of the profits, there are MANY people that use steam and love trying out the F2P games that are on there (which there are a bunch now).

Why are so many going on steam? Simple! It is advertising as said earlier that brings in many, many people. F2P? Why not give it a chance?

With this influx of players, there is a much greater chance of finding those that are willing to actually spend money in this game as well, thus supporting GGG and enabling this game to continue on and develop even more really cool stuff!

As for the more idiots part, well, we would get that anyways. Different platforms don't mean that only idiots use it. Due to the mass amounts, of course you will get some undesirables. But that is what mute options are for! Don't like them? Mute them and they are now gone since they can't interact in your world unless you invite them to.
"
Denair wrote:

Why are so many going on steam? Simple! It is advertising as said earlier that brings in many, many people. F2P? Why not give it a chance?

The question is: does it, really? You need numbers to back this up. I think it safe to take Apple's App Store as a generally similar mechanism: if your game is already well known, and have some good press then people flock in Steam to find it, or it find itself naturally promoted by whomever organizes the store.

EDIT: Ok, so I checked and Steam has like 41 F2P games listed. That seems to be so few! (?_?) Is it because I'm based in Europe? I see 11 single-player games, 26 multi and 17 co-op. Actually if I click "games" to get the full list there are only 30 listed! If there are so few I wonder what the Steam conditions are though?

There is also a "Most Popular" (f2p) tab, who knows, PoE might find its way into there?

With this few F2P games on Steam I suppose there is potential for being listed in there...

--

As for updates I don't think Steam would handle them? I'm not sure I have never installed Steam versions of the MMO's I play but I would imagine the updates are handled as usual by the F2P launcher, and only communicates the patch notes to Steam, something like that?
Last edited by DeF46 on Jun 21, 2012, 3:09:52 PM
"
Will this be on steam?

Not any time soon.
Sweeping Maid

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info