Rare rings & amulets too hard to find?

Quivers are in the same boat for me personally.
IGN: Alfrost, Racthoh, The_Crimson
Standard Rings and Amulets: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/960556
Accessory items drop at the same rate as any other item type. At least that's how it seems to me. Weapons and Armor are all restricted by level and stat requirements. This means there must be more item types and more base types for someone to find something that works with their build. Rings, Amulets, and Belts, on the other hand, are only restricted by level. This means that every character has an equal chance of using them and so there are less base types. Less base types = A perceived drop rate less than that of other items.

In my travels I find jewelry items on every map. When playing in a party, rare jewelry items drop at least once every map or every other map. There is no shortage from what I've seen. Here's what I've collected from 3-4 mid level characters just playing casually for a few hours a week not including what's actually equipped on the characters themselves:

rings
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

belts
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

amulets[linkItem
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
]

If you're having trouble finding rare items, then you should start making them. White/Blue jewelry items drop constantyly. If you need Alchs, start matching up rare names for Alchemy Orbs or trade some items for them. I've managed to collect 60 Alchs, not counting the 20-30 Alchs I've actually used, without ever trading a single item. I just play the game and either find them or use the vendor recipe.
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
FaceLicker wrote:
Here's what I've collected from 3-4 mid level characters just playing casually for a few hours a week not including what's actually equipped on the characters themselves:

Few hours a week and 80-90 alchemy orbs? You're either playing since january or have a serious problem with estimating playing time.
"
Winenose wrote:
"
FaceLicker wrote:
Here's what I've collected from 3-4 mid level characters just playing casually for a few hours a week not including what's actually equipped on the characters themselves:

Few hours a week and 80-90 alchemy orbs? You're either playing since january or have a serious problem with estimating playing time.

It's actually quite easy to amass lots of Alch orbs if you have sufficient stash space. They only require two matched rare items after all. Couple that with IIR IIQ and you're laughing. I have around 95% IIR and would be surprised if I didn't net at least 6 rares per map solo.
Those who beat their swords into ploughshares, will plough for those who have not.
"
Winenose wrote:
Well.. I think you, yourself may have a slight problem estimating time. The last wipe was in May so it would be impossible to play in the Default League since January =P

I work 12 hour shifts 3-4 days a week and on those days I don't play PoE at all. On my days off I usually have other obligations and very little spare time so yes, I actually do only play a few hours a week.

Flavious is right about stash space though. I have 25 pages of stash so it's ample enough room to collect rares for the vendor recipe. I use the PoE Helper Chrome extension to match rare names and once my 25 pages fill up(which happens quite fast), I go on a selling spree. Once you get about 20 pages full of rares, almost every rare thereafter is match. It's quite easy to get 10-15 alchs in one shot, even some regals from matching 3 names.
Rare Rings, necks and belts are the hardest for me to find. I believe all of the ones i have on my characters i have gotten from alchemy orbs. The few rings i have looted were just terrible and i have maybe looted 2 rare belts in all the time i have played. I have gotten more rings then amulets and belts but that isn't saying much at all.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info